2,303 results
All reviewsselect guesttimes union centervalet servicemini barroom servicenice hotelwithin walking distancedowntown areaview of the riverself parkingrooftop poolbusiness tripwater taxienjoyed my stayexcellent staythe room was nicebed was very comfortable
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Omni Jax. is in a great location to be close to anything occurring anywhere in downtown Jacksonville. Lobby, restaurant and bar are classy...food/drink were good, albeit very expensive. Rooms are well appointed and fresh. Adequate, though not exceptional bathrooms with nice towels and toiletries available. Bed and bedding were comfortable. Amenities (pool, fitness area) were decent but offered no steam or sauna. Staff was friendly and cordial. However...
At checkout, to my dismay, the tariff was significantly higher than I expected based on my internet confirmation/receipt. At checkout, I inquired why the bill was so much higher than I expected. The front desk confirmed that I had indeed been over billed, made an adjustment, and gave me a receipt reflecting the adjusted total. My credit card had already been charged the higher amount, so I am currently awaiting confirmation of the adjusted total (by my credit card company). I'm confident the adjustment will occur, but found the 'mix up' annoying none the less.

Room Tip: high floors are quiet and offer nice city and river views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Mike I, Director of Sales at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel! We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I really wish I could write a good review for this Jacksonville Hotel but I can't!
First let me say that we reserved 3 rooms back on May 23, 2017 for the date of November 11, 2017. A large group of us were going to a concert and looked forward to checking in, walking over to the Jacksonville Landing and grabbing some dinner then head back to the hotel to get ready for the great night ahead. Check in at this hotel is 3:00, we arrived shortly after. After being told that our rooms were not ready yet and it could be another hour, we were given vouchers for a drink at the bar and left our phone numbers so they could alert us when the rooms were ready. While we were standing there making sure each room was at least set up properly with the correct people, payment, etc., one of the rooms became available so at least we could all take our luggage to the room while we waited. One hour later, we check on the rooms again, only to be told they were still not ready and they couldn't tell us when they would be ready BUT they gave us more drink vouchers! They were pushing that alcohol but unless you drank beer, cheap wine or well brand, the vouchers weren't worth our inconvenience! We waited, we waited and we waited...3.25 hours later we got our room but only have time to drop our bags and run!!! And to make matters even worse, they put each of us on separate floors...what the heck!!! Were we able to get dinner...NO, were we able to get showers and get ready for the concert as we wanted to had we had our own rooms...NO! We all had a great time at the concert though, taxis were ready so we didn't have to wait for a ride which was nice. Afterwards, we get back to our rooms to find that we had no soap, no shampoo, etc., one of the beds had sand in it which told us the sheets weren't changed and we only had coffee, no sugar, etc. We were so tired, hungry and aggravated at this point, we just went to sleep and left as soon as we woke up!

Yes, we complained only to be told there was no Manager on Duty that evening AND again the next morning, even after being told the night before there would be a Manager there at 7:30 a.m. the following morning.

Anyone care to know what the Guest Services Clerks explanation was? The Veterans Day Parade.....WHAT?! Are you kidding me, what in the world did that have to do wit your Management Team preparing properly for having rooms ready for ALL your guests by Check In. Oh...in the meantime, while the Lobby was filling up with waiting people, we saw Jaguar players going right up and getting their rooms...LOVE MY JAGS but dang! So...there you go, my review! Hopefully this was not a normal practice for this hotel but this was my experience so unless Management compensates us, we won't be back nor can I recommend it to family and friends that live outside the NE Florida area.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

It was disappointing and alarming for us to read about your experience at our hotel. We are committed to providing our guests with a high level of service and cleanliness and regret that this was not reflected in your experience. This review will be shared with our housekeeping team so that we may evaluate how we can prevent something like this from happening in the future. Please accept our apologies and we hope you will reconsider a future stay at our hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Uncomfortable beds & uncaring desk clerks! Never again Omni, never again! I would have had a better night sleep with a blank laying on a pile of rocks! Spoke to the desk clerk and he just wanted to hand me my receipt and leave his presence! Expected so much better!!!

1  Thank judycF532CY

Although we regret to read about your experience at our hotel we would like to thank you for making us aware of the service challenges you encountered during your stay here. Please accept our apologies that the situation was not handled better by our front desk associate. We work very hard to provide a top tier guest experience and it is disappointing when we fail in that endeavor. We are very appreciative that you took the time to share as we are always looking for ways to enhance the experience of our guests. We hope that your experience here does not deter you from visiting another one of our properties, we know that we can show you the quality service that we expect and you deserve.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

On check in I was helped by Banu Schram, Director of Rooms, who asked about the reason for my stay (visiting my son for his birthday). She sent cake, champagne and a personalized card to the room. Beyond the complementary item list, she was friendly and welcoming in a manner that was above and beyond the typical big hotel experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Well first and foremost, happy belated birthday to your son and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and give us this amazing feedback. We are so glad that we were able to make your sons birthday a special one! Our associates are dedicated to providing the best guest experience in the city and it is always encouraging to hear of our successes. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni Jacksonville next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I have the opportunity to stay at the Omni while attending the SMAC conference which was being held in the hotel. I'm glad I booked early, as the rooms filled quickly, and I can see why. What a great hotel. It's convenient to surrounding business and restaurants. Short commute to the airport, and with the Landing adjacent to the hotel, it has a lot of opportunity. The room was clean and neat. The staff was great and friendly. The hotel lobby, elevators and hallways were neat and clean.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your glowing review of the Omni Jacksonville! We appreciate all of your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from beginning to end. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Jacksonville.