“A Must Stay”

Ranked #12 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Amelia Island, FL, United States
“A Must Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Perhaps the best hotel experience of my life. The friendliness and professionalism of the entire staff went above and beyond and our room was impeccable. If in Jacksonville, FL, this OMNI Hotel is a must stay. We can't wait to come back!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Mc Lean
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last three months because it is convenient for my work. However, I cannot recommend it - the beds are very comfortable, but the rooms are dark due to furnishings and wallcoverings, poorly lit and lacking in outlets to plug in my myriad electronic devices - another example of the room not being updated. It had a mini bar (which are becoming extinct) but the snacks were overpriced (expected) and stale (not expected). They are revamping the restaurant downstairs. I took advantage of the buffet lunch set in the bar area and it was very good - fresh salad, green beans and very flavorful, perfectly cooked salmon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are excited to share with you that the Omni Jacksonville has just completed a complete remodel of our Juliette’s restaurant, J-Bar and lobby. We are also in the midst of a planning a complete guest room renovation for later this year that will certainly update the décor. We appreciate the kind words about our quality of Food and Beverage
Houston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Ok, hotel. During construction at the moment. Hotel has no parking, except valet. Valet is $20/night. There is an adjacent parking garage and parking lot, however, they do offer "in-and-out" privileges.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

St. Simons Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous 1-night getaway to celebrate my wife's birthday. We stayed at the Omni and went to see Billy Joel at Veterans.

First, the hotel is perfectly located within minutes of all the sports events and music events. We were literally 5 minutes away. Regency and Town Center malls were very close and accessible.

I booked my reservation online for a regular room with the breakfast package. I used my AAA membership to get an additional discount.

Since it was a special getaway to celebrate my wife's birthday, I emailed the concierge who was listed as the "Loyalty Ambassador" on an automated email confirmation I received after booking. His name was Brad.

Brad went above and beyond. I simply mentioned it was my wife's birthday and asked if there were any upgrades available. He replied back and when we arrived, we had been upgraded to an Executive King room with a fantastic view of the river. There was a bottle of chilled champagne, an amazing dessert try, a balloon, and birthday card waiting for us. No extra charge!

The room was fantastic and we had an amazing night's sleep. Even though the room has lots of windows (for a splendid view from the 6th floor), they have double-curtains on them. My wife especially likes it to be very dark --- well, we slept until after 8:30 AM (which is sleeping in for us!) and the room was still pitch black dark.

I own an e-commerce company so internet/wifi is critical for me. The signal was strong and fast and no complications whatosever.

The breakfast buffet was oustanding. Every person we saw was polite and courteous.
As we were leaving one of the guys who greets and assists in the lobby noticed my wife carrying her "Happy Birthday" balloon and he stopped us and sang Happy Birthday to her. I wish I could've caught his name. .. super nice, and walked us to the car and asked all about the Billy Joel concert. He made it a point to celebrate with us and make it all about us.

Even though JAX is only an hour away for us, we've found our new getaway hotel.

Oh ... and Brad, the amazing Loyalty Ambassador, also extended our checkout to 3:00 PM so we could enjoy more time in the hotel since we got in so late after the concert.

Top notch, over the top, above and beyond service.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Go to Crowne Plaza across the river, cheaper, better view, better service, and cheaper parking. if you pay the extra amount for a view it will be of the bank.....valet was very expensive and had to valet due to a function across the street using up all available parking. Hotel is also under construction and very noisy, I was on the 16th floor and could still hear it.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your concerns during your recent stay with us. We certainly take pride in being the only four-diamond hotel in downtown Jacksonville. We also take pride in our # 1 ranking in JD Power for our outstanding service and amenities. We are always priced competitively in the market while including complimentary amenities that no other hotel brand offers. Included is Omni’s Complimentary Select Guest program that offers free coffee service delivered to your guest room at the time requested. It also includes complimentary Internet, free pressing on the day of arrival and free shoe shine. Please contact us directly to find out more about the value of staying with the Omni Jacksonville.
Flower Mound, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at the Jacksonville Omni for five nigths to attend an industry training session. I travel regularly for business (usually at Marriott or Hilton properties) and found the Omni to be a very good experience. The hotel is not new, but is well maintained and has some projects underway. Service staff was attentive and friendly. The function utilized hotel catering for breakfast and lunch. The quality of both was good with two alternatives available at each meal. All in all, I'd say the value at the Omni was very good. Unfortunately, the nature of the meeting left little time to explore Jacksonville and the area around the Omni, so I can't comment on that.

Elyria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel does an excellent job hosting conferences and meetings. They really make your group feel like you are the ony ones in the Hotel. Service is definately their priority. The meal service provided to the group at different intervals was excellent. The second anyone was finished with a dish or a glass, there was a member of the wait staff there to take them away. They were always professional and courtious.