“Great Except...”

Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Palm Beach, United States
“Great Except...”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel room, location, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, etc. all as expected. Very good value overall. Food was very disappointing, though, with no organic, gluten free or dairy free options available.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We appreciate the accolades for our exceptional level of cleanliness and friendly service. We also wanted to let you know that we have new menus coming November 25th that will have several gluten free, organic and dairy free options. We look forward to having you dine with us and experience our new culinary selections.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Towson, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Walking into the hotel is breath taking. I enjoyed the floating fruit water refreshments. The valet, the front desk staff and the person that delivered by room service were all wonderful and made me feel very welcome. Thank you for a wonderful hotel experience. If I am ever to come back to Jacksoville I will be returning.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Jacksonville is a notoriously weak hotel city. There are virtually not good business hotels. The only hotels worthy of a good rating are resorts that are far from the city. The Omni is considered the best business hotel in town. It is weak. The rooms are standard convention issue. They smell of artificial disinfectant. My room had a used wash cloth hanging on top of the shower curtain (probably forgotten by the housekeeper). The vending machine on the floor would not take dollar bills so it would not sell me a bottle of water. Instead i opted for the bottled water in the mini bar. The bottle smelled like sweat and I ended up using tap water it was so bad. Service was fair. Overall this hotel will do but it's just a fair place.

NC
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was not expecting a charge for parking, nor did I want to use the valet parking. I ended up having the excat same bad experience in Jacksonville that I had at the Omini in Atlanta a couple of years ago: the valet took my keys and dispappeared with them, and it took over 30 minutes to locate them. Obviously, if you are going to charge for a service, the service better be worth the charge. In both cases, I had to point out to the manager that they had no right charging for the service under the circumstances. The valet fee was waived, but only after multiple problems in each location, and only after I complained about it. Not only did I have the issue with missing keys, but the next day I needed to get something out of my car, and the car was not in the spot that I was told it was in. We needed to search for the car, and finally the valet found it, but it had been parked in a different location than was indicated. The bottom line is that your valet service is not a convenience, but rather an inconvenience, and certainly does not warrant a $20 per night charge.

Pompano Beach, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The walls are very thin. I am not a light sleeper and I was awakened all night, every night by partiers. My roomate was miserable. We were moved to another room. Amenities were missing from the room. The room still had partiers across the hall. Again, no sleep.The room maintenance was very odd. The room looked like it had been done up by a teenager; pillows on the floor, sheet crooked, bathroom a mess. I caught the attention of a maid and brought her into the room to show her. She apologised and stated the room wasn't finished. When I returned to the room that evening, it still was the same. I called housekeeping twice. I waited for 40 minutes for them, they never came. I finally went back to my meeting and then they housekeeping person came while I was gone. Perhaps the lack of sleep made me cranky

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you enjoy hearing conversations and bodily sounds from above, below, and next door then stay at the Omni Jacksonville-downtown. Excellent location, easy to get to.....perfect for meetings and conventions although the variety of the menu is lacking.....the noise factor takes away from all the positives.

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was there for an overnight business function and was very pleased with all the hotel amenities. The hotel was beautiful and all the staff was great!! The ballroom facilities were great. The meal at the evening function was not great. It was my only disappointment.