“Is there anything better in Jacksonville?”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I traveled here with my adult daughter. It was OK. The TV remote did not work, a light bulb was burnt out, and the bathroom sink faucet was broken but functional. I reserved on-line and asked for 2 beds, river view, and away from the elevator. We got 2 out of 3. We were close to the elevator, but it was still quiet enough. We were given a new remote and light bulb without delay and settled into comfortable beds. I always remove the yucky quilts and prefer the white bedding underneath which is washed. Why do some hotels still put those things on beds? Anyway, we ordered room service for breakfast, which was adequate and on time. Valet parking was $20 per night, and internet was not free in the hotel rooms. The location was good for our purposes, even though the downtown pretty much closes up after 5:00. We ate at a decent restaurant called Indochine one night for dinner. Jacksonville Landing, an entertainment/food area was closer, about a block away. It has lovely river views, worth visiting for the sunset, but don't eat there unless you like greasy food places and cheap alcohol. Go there if you like Hooters. Overall, I suppose I would stay at the Omni again, but next time I will likely try the Crown Plaza.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel a lot for business and this hotel has GREAT STAFF! Rooms are average, a tad dated, the beds are comfortable. The bar is small. Paying extra for internet is always disappointing- the room is expensive enough and should come with complimentary internet. Overall and above average stay, but nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We are glad you were so well taken care of by our associates and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We do have complimentary internet available to all of our Select Guest members. This is open and complimentary to all guests and we hope you will decide to join if you stay with us again. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I reserved double room for 3 people in December. When we arrived this past weekend, we were given a King. I called the front desk and the associate said that the property was in a sold-out situation, as if this would make it acceptable to cram 3 people into a bed! I told her that my reservation was for a double, and was made in December, if she couldn't locate a room she should have her manager assist her. We were moved, and given vouchers for free breakfast (only 2?, again we had 3 people on reservation!). I could have done without that aggravation.
Then the room we were given seemed to have every loud conversation take place just outside the room door, it was really ridiculous that adults thought this was acceptable!
On top of the loud guests outside our door, a fire alarm went off in the middle of our second night there. These things happen, however, I was truly bothered by the lack of hotel staff presence in the lot where the guests convened. I honestly did not see one staff member in the area! Once we were back in our room, and just about to go to sleep, the staff members that could not be found anywhere were now busily trying to shove letters from management under the door apologizing for the alarm. Apparently he/she was having a difficult time getting it under the door, I actually got out of bed, went to the door and grabbed the letter, after they kept trying to shove it under unsuccessfully, waking my 5 yr old in the process!
We had stayed here to try to get rest around the busy rehearsals and performance of my daughter's dance recital across the street. In previous years we stayed at another property that is just slightly farther away, but the rate made the Omni appear more attractive (and closer) so we tried it. Next year, we will return to the other property, we've never had aggravation or difficulty getting the needed rest there!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The location of this hotel is great. It's right by the river where they have a performing arts center and a small strip " landings" with bars, restaurants and shops. The amenities that this hotel offers are great. Service is fantastic. Room was ok. Only valet if necessary.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First class service in a perfect spot for the jazz festival. Outdoor pool with deck overlooking the city and river was a beautiful spot and so refreshing after long days sightseeing and shopping! Jacksonville has to be one of the most friendly cities on the planet!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I was there to attend a Festival,that we have been attending for the last 7 years. We drove 5 hours to get there.I requested early check inn because I have Diabetes. They granted me that.The reservations had been booked since january 2013. My credit card was not charged for the deposit until 2 months later.When we arrived I paid my balance in cash. I left the hotel to go shopping at the outlets in St.Augustine,I checked my account balance only to find that I was charged 400 dollars. My account had already been paid in full.Management finally got it straight. Messed up my shopping! My brother-in-law paid his balance of 220 in cash. At check out he got a receipt.After he returned home he noticed a charge on his card for 220 dollars.He paid cash I was standing there when he
Made the payment.He has not been reimbursed until this day.Where did the cash go? We were FunkFest Attendees, and we were treated as such! Thanks for the stress.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I often travel for business and was excited to see I was staying at an Omni in Jacksonville, as it sounds like a nicer hotel than I typically stay in for work. The hotel itself does seem very nice- the valet employees were basically falling over themselves to help me with luggage, directions, etc. The hotel itself is very pretty inside and the front desk staff were enthusiastically helpful also. The nice things kind of end there. The room was fine - definitely nothing terrible to say about it - but it also wasn't as nice as I expected, given the first part of this review. It was dated and small. I had a drink at the hotel bar which had overpriced drinks and, again, nice service, but just nothing special about the bar/restaurant itself. I logged into my computer to do work only to realize that they were charging $9.99 for internet (more if you wanted a good internet connection), which is actually kind of unheard of in my travel experience. The valet is basically required (no other place to park around) and was $20. Those costs are sort of more expected from this kind of hotel, I know, but it bugs me every time anyway. Overall, this hotel gets five stars for the service. Every time I even *thought* about needing something there was someone there to take care of it with a smile. The hotel itself and its surcharges are the reason this score comes down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business