“Good Clean Fun”

Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“Good Clean Fun”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Omni in Jacksonville FL for 3 days. I was in town for a concert and wanted a hotel close to the venue. When we checked in on Friday night, the front desk staff was very friendly and even chatted with me about the concert I would be seeing. Our room was nice and clean. The hotel bar was great with an very friendly staff and a good time was had by all of us. The pool was clean and clear. I enjoyed my stay very much. The only hiccup was I was charged twice for my room which I had booked through hotels.com. I called the hotel and within a matter of minutes I was refunded the entire charge including the charge for Valet. I was impressed with the gesture and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
It was a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are glad you found the location to be convenient to the concert you were attending and the associates to be friendly and helpful. If you return to Jacksonville, we hope you will once again consider staying at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I traveled from NYC to Jacksonville, Florida for a destination wedding. The Omni was a little pricey, but worth the stay. I complained of my bottom lock not working and they upgraded me to a room with a panoramic view and a sitting area. I was too happy to accept!! :) The valet parking was $20 a day with (in and out) privileges all day. You could call valet ahead of time to bring your car without a wait. Really great!!

Overall, the food, service and rooms were great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for allowing us read about your experience and we hope you will return soon!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel had some negative review so I was a little apprehensive. This is unnecessary. The Omni Jacksonville is located directly across the street from Jacksonville Landing which is full of restaurants and music and an amazing view, right on the river. The hotel itself is nice. Above average. I wouldn't give this a four star rating because the rooms are in need of an update. The carpet is musty, the bedding is out dated, and the bath room needs a revamp. However, it was very clean, and not bad. There was nothing BAD about this hotel, it just needs an update. I do think we were on a fomer smoking floor because I could definitely smell smoke in our room but it wasn't enough to be bothered. The lobby was very nice, lots of comfortable seating. I did not eat at the hotel but I saw the breakfast buffet and it looked good. I got a priceline deal and paid 85 bucks for a Thursday night and I can't think of anything I would complain about. If you can, get a room on the river side. The view is amazing. Also, check in/out was so easy. The desk agent was so nice and helpful. I really felt welcomed even though I am sure I looked scary after driving for 11 hours.

Room Tip: Get the river side so you can see Jacksonville Landing and the river. Valet is $20 which is high.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that upon arrival at the Omni Jacksonville any concerns you may have had were put to rest. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our great location and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Enjoyed the room, very quiet. Good bar service with polite servers. Within walking distance to some reasonably priced restaurants. I didn't take advantage of the nearby water taxi to cross the river for other restaurants, but heard it all worked fairly from others. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are glad you had a positive experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and our servers. If you return to Jacksonville we hope you will once again consider staying with us.
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Picked up on Priceline for $79. Stayed three nights. Best workout room ever. Good pool. Central to many things downtown. Valet $20 a day. Staff nice. Good experience all around as the biggest issue with Priceline/hotels.com. Is how they rate them. This is 4 star.

• Stayed March 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are delighted that you had a true 4 star experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Houston Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Average hotel, nothing fancy. Room was nice and quiet but....dust everywhere! Air vent was especially dusty. Wish I had a swiffer! Good location to Jacksonville Landing and the jogging/walking trail. Hotel staff nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: For better internet service, ask for a room on the end!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with housekeeping as a reminder of checking every detail in our rooms. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and we hope you will return soon.
savannah,ga
Reviewed March 5, 2013

After reading the negative reviews, I was more than a little surprised to have one of the nicest hotel experiences ever last weekend. There were nine of us ladies on a weekend getaway. Friday night we went to the hotel bar to talk, have a couple of drinks, and eat appetizers. The atmosphere was great,the food excellent, and the lady that "put up with us " a 10. Everyone that we spoke to at the check-in, valet service, restaurant, and housekeepers were top notch service employees that couldn't do enough for us.. Cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Oh, I almost forgot the buffet breakfast ($18.00) although a little pricey was excellent and had everything you could have wanted for a great breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends