“What a difference from my last vist!”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the Times Union Center for a 60's review and went to the Omni before as I remembered it to be a special place. The lounge was loud, the servers were unprofessional and it was not up to Omni standards unless they lowered them quite a bit. Customers were actually eating the garnises at the bar that were used for drinks - (olives etc.) with their bare hands/fingers, picking them up one at a time, putting it in their mouth, then going back for more. Juliette's was not what it once used to be. We left there as soon as we could and, needless to say, it did not contribute at all to the evening.

1  Thank Doug M
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for patronizing Juliette’s and for your feedback. We were experiencing a busy, eventful evening and had a lively crowd in the J-Bar. We have moved the garnish station since that evening as our staff addressed that issue immediately. It was loud as you mentioned but as you indicated it is typically not too loud most evenings. We are excited to announce that Juliette’s is getting a full renovation this year and we hope to see you back with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,072)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here one night 2/16/13 and had a positive experience. The Omni was a sponsor hotel for the 26.2 with Donna National Breast Cancer Marathon so I decided to stay here for that reason and the shuttles to and from the race. I only had experience with the lobby and front desk staff(very friendly and helpful), a room with double beds(attractive decor, quite comfortable) and the valet staff(outstanding). Since I was a race participant I had access to a discounted room rate so the only thing I might say is I'm not so sure it would be worth a full room rate but that is no way meant to say the hotel is not fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We are glad you were able to stay with us for the 26.2 with Donna. Thank you for your complimentary review and for racing for such a great cause. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Everthing was first class; room, food, staff, location on the water, nearby resturants,etc. Would stay again. I got in late and they went out of their way to keep the resturant open for a quick meal. Free shuttles to nearby locations and businesses.

Room Tip: The skytram is free and across the parking lot. It takes you to the resturants across the river and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you had a great stay and were even able to get a late bite to eat. We hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently booked a one night Valentine's getaway at the Omni in Jacksonville. I called in a special request for an upper floor and had booked an executive king suite. Upon arrival, the front desk woman quoted me a room on the 11th floor, but it wasn't ready. She told us to have a seat and wait, and shortly came out with a key to a room on the 4th floor. The room on the 4th floor had a view of the backside of a parapet wall and the roof of the lobby. I called down to see if they could move us but they said they were full.

The executive king suite is not worth the money-- the floorplans on the website are VASTLY out of scale and is not anywhere near the quoted 450 sf. At first, I thought I was placed in one of the cheaper rooms they usually give to customers who go through Hotwire (having experienced this phenomena many times myself), but upon reviewing the schematic plan on the fire evacuation plaque, I determined that it was a regular sized executive king suite. I was expecting a spacious room with a great view but instead got a room the size of a regular Marriott courtyard room with a mediocre view at best.

The 'heated' pool was not heated. They do not have a hot tub. The bed was very soft, but too soft for my boyfriend. The room and bathroom were fairly clean. The staff was friendly. There are no really good restaurants within walking distance. We walked to the Jacksonville Landing, which was moderately busy but looked a few months away from being very sketchy.

Room Tip: Executive king suites are the corner rooms. Very small.
1  Thank ldeimos

Thank you for choosing the Omni Jacksonville to celebrate Valentine’s Day. We did have a large number of specific requests for Valentine’s Day as you can imagine. I apologize that some of your specific requests were not available at the time of your arrival but I was glad to see the positive notes regarding the staff and their high level of service. Downtown Jacksonville has a number of very popular restaurants within walking distance of the Omni and even more within a 5 minute drive. Without knowing more about your reservation or requests I am afraid I can not speak to the guest room situation. Please contact the hotel directly if we can assist you further.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a wonderful experience.
As a Select Guest we had an upgrade on our room without requesting it.
we had the "Romance Package" which included free valet parking/ champagne with chocolate strawberries/ breakfast in room.
From the time we dropped our car to the valet parking to the time we picked it back up, everything was just perfect!
We travel a good bit and stay in 4 or 5 stars Hotel, this was definitely a 5 stars hotel experience... way cheaper!!

Room Tip: Become a "Select Guest" member.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your romantic night away at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent a weekend in Jax in early February and stayed at the Omni. Its a nice downtown high rise hotel, spacious rooms, quiet and it has a good onsite restaurant and bar.
It's one block off the St Johns River and its only about a 45 minute drive to Amelia Island or St Augustine if you're looking for a day trip.
There is a on site gym and a 4th floor pool (small) that is advertised as heated year-round but that is definitely not the case.
This is a good location for business travel in downtown, if you're in town on leisure, its a nice property but I'd go to Amelia Island next time and stay at the Omni there (on the beach!)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a better view of the river and downtown Jax
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you had a great stay!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice folks. Lobby, bar and restaurant are fine. Location...terrific if you're doing business in downtown Jacksonville. Pool area. Shabby. Work out room. An embarrassment. Cleanliness. Uneven. For example, this week my shower curtain had been replaced recently but there was black mold on the hooks that hang the curtain. Other missed details: most of the buttons on one of my phones would not work. Other phone was fine. I had one washcloth for 2 out of 3 nights. Not a big problem....but. Missing bottle opener. Not a big deal....but. Went to shabby, tired work out room at 7:00 am and there was no water and no clean head phones. None. And dirty towels on the floor. Come on. Did I mention the hairs in the bathroom? This hotel needs some TLC. The staff is genuinely friendly. The food is pretty darn good. Most of the service folks are competent. But, pool and work out area must be fixed now! More attention needs to be paid to cleaning basics (vacuum the corners, get the hairs, fix the sink stoppers, eliminate the mold). Did I mention there was a dog in the room next to me? All told, I will stay at this property again but it's time to get this place headed in the right direction. Or I'll be headed in another.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your candid feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to understand what improvements we can make to ensure you are comfortable while staying with us. Your concerns regarding housekeeping will be shared so that we can immediately address them and your concerns regarding the fitness center will be added to our radar for future enhancements. We do appreciate your compliments of our associates and are glad you still plan to stay with us in the future. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.