“White Glove on Almost Everyday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Jacksonville Hotel

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“White Glove on Almost Everyday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I could get use to staying at the Omni. The world needs more...

I checked in with ease as a loyalty member and things were off to a good start. The first night I have dinner downstairs at Julliette's --- AWESOME!

The microfiber robes were comfy and arrived with the tags on them for my use during my stay. Complimentary shoe shine, wat.er and the pressing of one item. I was there for 5 days and used the gym everyday. It was pretty cool in Jax so I did not utilize the pool; however it was clean and open for use daily.

The Valet not complimentary were a little slow. They spent a lot of time talking to each other which directed my attention to the long wait and their lackadaisical performance for parking patron vehicles.

The nights were quiet. On Thursday, evening 11/1/2012 while one evening I found myself alarmed to arrive at the 15th. Floor to be greeted by a police officer with a canine and half of the floor being blocked off.

I'm not sure what was going on but it was alarming to say the least.

Room Tip: Room 1504 was great. Quiet and the view was nice. Part water, the Acosta Bridge and the city facin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We enjoyed reading about your stay at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We appreciate all of your positive comments as well as your constructive feedback regarding valet which we will be sure to share with the manager. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with an excellent location and beautiful, comfortable, large rooms. I wish the bathroom was a little bigger but overall a perfect Jacksonville hotel. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I'm in Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lindsay S
Thank you for your positive review of the Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you had a great stay!
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only spend one night in this hotel and there is a couple of reasons I wouldn't give it a 4 star. The positives
-Helpful and friendly staff
-Confortable beds
-Fast internet
-Room service was good.
The negatives
-Outdated rooms
-You can hear everything from the hallway they rooms need better sounds proofing

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate the opportunity to understand where our guests see areas in need of improvement and always share these comments with our management team for future enhancements. We are also grateful for your complimentary words and hope that the positive aspects of your stay will allow you to consider us for future visits to Jacksonville.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In town for a Jaguars game and stayed for the weekend here. It appears to be the hotel that the Jags stay at before the game. Lots of kids awaiting autographs at the elevators on Sunday morning. Everything was excellent and it's about a mile walk to the stadium. Right across from the Jax Landing where there are choices for a meal. Booked thru a 3rd party so I cannot speak to their rates, but mine was less than $100/night so absolutely above and beyond worth it.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are glad you had a great stay at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved this hotel. The rooms were so quiet and peaceful. It was very busy but managed to be very quiet. The staff was polite and helpful. I had the pleasure of eating at the J Bar and Staff was out standing..Debbie and Yon were awesome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and especially of Debbie and Yon. It will be our pleasure to recognize them for a job well done!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staying on business, we had a couple of unusual requests that the front desk was happy to accommodate. The rooms were nice. Upgrades were apparently in progress as one of our rooms had an updated shower stall and the other didn't, but both were fine. The wifi worked well. The Jacksonville Landing and riverwalk are just a couple of blocks away with touristy, but decent, restaurants. I had lunch at the hotel restaurant and needed something quick. They told me that even a sandwich would likely take more time than I had, so I got the buffet which was good. You would think they would have a choice or two for those in a hurry, however. We also had their breakfast buffet which was pricey, but good. One problem which is just symptomatic of Jacksonville and not the fault of the hotel is that the tap water tastes awful. It's the same way in St. Augustine. The other problem occurred when I asked at the desk where I could print my boarding pass. The clerk was helpful, but told me that the front desk prints them for guests rather than having a self-serve kiosk. Well, okay, but I also had to select my seat on the flight and the clerk had to lift up the computer monitor and put it up on the counter for me to be able to see the choices. She was nice about it, but she shouldn't have to do that and I thought it was an unnecessary nuisance. That's really my only criticism or suggestion for this solid hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel and it will definitely be our preferred hotel for future overnight stays in Jacksonville. From the moment we arrived, we received excellent service. The room was nice, spacious and smelled great! The bed was comfortable. The towels were large and plush.

We had dinner and breakfast the following morning in the hotel restaurant. It, too, was excellent with great service.

The hotel is located right across the street from the Moran Theatre. Attending an evening symphony concert was the reason for our stay and it couldn't have been more convenient.

The property is not new and there were just a few items that should have been updated. The tub in our room was in serious need of a make-over, and the make-up mirror needed to be replaced. Outside of that, everything was in very good condition.

The Omni rewards program, which we joined when making this reservation, has some very nice perks. We enjoyed several during our stay.

Great job, Omni, Jacksonville!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EastBeachBum
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review of the Omni Jacksonville! We are delighted to be your new preferred hotel in Jacksonville and look forward to welcoming you back!