“Great Hotel”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from Sept 26th to October 2nd. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The staff is nice, attentive, and friendly and the hotel is well kept. The only bad thing is that the elevators have an odd smell to them. Not very pleasant. Luckily, there isnt very much time spent in elevators at hotels. The restaurant in the hotel has really good food. I would recommend the ribeye. It was delicious. If you want to venture outside the hotel, "The Landing" is right around the corner and offers a variety of restaurants, live entertainment on the weekends, stores, and a nightclub. My favorite restaurant was Benny's. The wedge salad there is great. Hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. It is always helpful to read what our guests think about our property. We will share your comments regarding the elevators with our housekeeping department to see if they can freshen them up a little more. It was a pleasure to hear about your stay and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked thru a third party site and got a great price for this property. I thought the service ranged from excellent to good. The front desk service was satisfactory, but not anything special. However, Rick who helped us with our luggage and stopped to say hello and give recommendations throughout our stay was awesome. The valet staff was also courteous and attentive.

We had a king room overlooking the river. We found the room to be quite spacious and fairly clean. However the bathroom needs better ventilation. There was some possible mold growing on the ceiling above the shower, because it gets so damp when you take a shower.
Ordered room service and found it to be prompt and priced as expected (expensive) for a downtown hotel. We also had breakfast at the restaurant and a drink a t the bar one evening and all were satisfactory.

I would probably stay in Jax Beach next time, but have stayed at other downtown Jax hotels previously and found this to be the best overall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate all of your comments from your recent stay at our hotel and are glad to read that overall you had a good experience. We will share your feedback regarding the bathroom and the front desk with our Director of Operations. We are looking forward to also sharing your compliments of Rick and the valet staff. Many thanks for allowing us to read about your experience and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed one night at the hotel and found the room clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful. The car valet team were really prompt, polite and helpful-firt class. My best experience was at breakfast the Juliette team were attentive so early in the morning, they brought out some fresh berry juice compliments of the chef (just the little things) and explained what were in it. The breakfast buffet was excellent, bravo for the gluten free items first time I tried the bread and I was surprised. I really liked the homemade jams/jellies/ cream cheese and if they sold them I would buy them to take home. This was the second time I had ever stayed at the Omni brand-- it's time to take this brand global it cam compete with Hilton's and Marriotts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We were thrilled to read you had such a great experience at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to share all of your compliments on TripAdvisor and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was in Jacksonville on business and stayed at Omni. I got there relatively late and was only there one night so I didn't have a chance to try many of the amenities. It wasn't a bad stay, it just wasn't quite what I expected from a 4-star hotel.

Pluses: The room was adequate. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good, tasty, plentiful and healthy and the server even offered me a to-go cup so I could bring additional coffee with me.

Minuses: If you self-park, the garage has signs that you must park on the 8th floor or above (it's only got 10 floors) and it's not clear how to exit the garage on foot. The towels were very rough and seem quite worn-out. I could hear noises in my room (which others also seem to complain about) but I couldn't tell where they were coming from.

I didn't even try to use the wi-fi as I suspected there would be a charge. As a response to some others who were disappointed that they were charged for it, I too travel a fair bit and I find "nicer" hotels generally do nickel and dime such things more than ones in the 3-star range. (I've never understood why, frankly, as I would think the price I pay for the room would cover such an insignificant cost as wi-fi.)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing both your positive and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you had a good stay but regret that you found parking and the towels to be lacking. We will share your comments with our management team as we determine future enhancements that are needed. If you do return to our hotel or any other Omni Hotel, please know that you can sign up for our complimentary Select Guest program to receive wireless internet at no charge along with many other valuable perks. Thank you again and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Hotel August 20th, 2012, for a business trip. My 2 favorite things were the wonderful assistance and
courtesy provided by the front desk clerk, and the clean, beautiful room and well maintained.

When I inquired about taxi reservations, Very friendly front desk clerk suggested I use the car service
provided by Skyline Shuttles, 904-900-2725 ( www.skylineshuttles.com ) This was a terrific suggestion.
All they cars are super clean and driver was always there at the appointed time. The price was no more
than a taxi, and much, much cleaner and comfortable. Front desk clerk provided me with the names of
several good local restaurants and was always fun to talk to.

I LOVED(!) The room was nicely sized, quiet, and convenient to the elevators.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We enjoyed reading your complimentary review of the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are thrilled that our staff provided you with great suggestions for transportation and dining. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for labor day weekend. We checked in on Saturday and checked out Monday. We had a great stay!

Check-In: We valeted our car and went to the desk. There was no line and we checked in very quickly. But we didn't feel rushed. The girl who checked us in was very nice and gave us the info we needed to know. Also, if you have a car! Make sure you valet! The self parking lot charges you everytime you leave and return! We were in and out a lot so it makes sense to do it.

Room: We were in room 1211. When we first arrived it was very dark. I mean really dark. All you have to do it open the curtains and a few lights and it's good. But the curtains are great for nap time! Our room had a partial view of the river and the landing. We could see the fountain and the crown plaza. Our room had 2 beds. They are not queens. They are double. And they barely fit 2 people. So 4 people in the room may be a squeeze. Not by room size though. The rooms are quite large. The rooms also have a chair and a desk area. The closet is large and the bathroom was a nice size. Lots of counter space. They could of easily added an extra sink and still would have lots of room. The shower was nice and you can adjust the pressure which is nice. Overall the room was good except for one thing. The walls are extremely thin! You can hear everything from the room nextdoor and in the hallways! That's my one complaint!

Food: The only food we had was some soup for a quick lunch and breakfast the last morning. The soups were great. We did not room service them though. Try the Brunswick stew! It's really good! For breakfast I got some pancakes. Very light and fluffy! There was a buffet but it was 17 dollars and didn't look that big.

Housekeeping: They are great! They are very nice and our room looked great after they came! We had a little problem because they forgot to get us so we called housekeeping and they sent someone right up. We left for dinner and came back and a bottle of fancy Italian water and a plate of delicious cookies was waiting for us! That really saved them! But we didn't really mind.

Location: The location is great! It's right next to the landing! There's some shops and resturaunts there.

Overall its a great hotel! Not as good as some of the hotels I have stayed at in Orlando. But its a great hotel! I would stay again! And also! Get some if the lemonade in the Lobby! It's great! If you have any questions just ask!

• Stayed: September 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We are happy to read that you had a great stay at the Omni Jacksonville and appreciate that you let us know immediately about your housekeeping concern so that we could have the opportunity to resolve it. Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was not aware that dogs were allowed here. I am not talking about dogs for medical reasons. A guest had two dogs here on leashes but they were still aggressive dogs, one was a big bulldog. I would not get in the elevator with these dogs either. With my luck, they were on my floor. I waited until the pet owner and his dogs went wildly down the hall before I went to my room. A hotel of this caliber should not allow dogs. That is my opinion. Otherwise, the location is great and the service was good. Another concern is the fire alarm went off and no one evacuated or took it seriously, including the staff. That bothers me. My sister and I followed procedures and used the exit and stairs. No one else did except one other young lady who went down 4 flights of steps with us. I know more than 4 people stayed here. It is a good thing it was not disastrous since others chose to ignore the alarm whether it was a false alarm or not. I'd rather be safe than sorry or dead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

"Thank you for your sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are a dog friendly hotel that allows dogs to be with their owners. We apologize if they disrupted your stay in any way. We certainly would ask any of our guests with dogs to have more control if there is ever anything reported to us. Thank you for the information regarding the fire alarm. Our Safety Team meets regularly and reviews our procedures in the scenario of a fire alarm. We have very strict and practiced responsibilities to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. The fire alarm you are referencing was realized not be a threat to our guests and associates almost immediately. We apologize for the associates’ aloof behavior as they should have communicated to you that the alarm was ending and was of no harm. Thank you again for your feedback.