“Good location and price”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Titusville, FL
“Good location and price”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The Omni Jacksonville is a good place to stay for the price and location if you want to stay in downtown.

I have had issues with staff banging on my door at 9:00 am to check the mini bar or housekeeping barging in around 10:00 am. If they could fix these issues I would highly recommend the Omni, for now I can only give them an average recommendation.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank jpaq68
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
We appreciate your remarks from your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville. We apologize that you were disrupted by our housekeeping team earlier than you would have liked. If you return. we would encourage you to use our privacy signs which are located in the guest room to indicate to housekeeping to come back at a later time. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Omni for 2 nights during a recent Florida trip. We got a great deal on hotwire and were very happy with the selection. Our reason for being in Jacksonville was to see the Saints and Jags game and the location was ideal, well within walking distance. Its location to the landing was also nice. The room itself was fantastic, very clean, nicely decorated, and a comfortable king bed. The lounge offered nice options for drinks and a bite to eat and the service was excellent. The only "annoyance" was returning to the room around 5:30 pm and finding it still being cleaned. I would expect rooms to be cleaned earlier in the day and am not sure if we rushed the cleaning lady but not everything was replenished ie kleenex, not all garbage taken, when she was done. Other than the minor inconvenience of having to wait for our room to be cleaned we would stay at the Omni again without a second thought.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Many thanks for your complimentary review of The Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you enjoyed your stay but do apologize that your room was cleaned later in the day and that some steps were missed. If you return please do not hesitate to let us know if you would like your room cleaned during a certain time frame and it would be our pleasure to make sure it is taken care of. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We’ve accidentally checked in the hotel on our big road trip on the east coast. We didn’t make the reservation for Jacksonville and used a special offer on the website the previous day which offered a nice room for $160. On arrival we were surprised to find out that the hotel was almost empty as well as the whole town – felt like I, legend set) However the room exceeded our expectations! Really nice, stylish, comfortable and spacy. Big bathroom with robes and nice cosmetics, cool swimming pool on the 4th floor – all was perfect. We’ve spent a nice evening in a lobby bar chatting with a very friendly barman and ordered a room service for dinner. It was a really nice stop of the trip. Thank you omni guys for your hospitality!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
We are glad that you were able to make an impromptu stop at The Omni Jacksonville during your east coast road trip. It was our pleasure to provide you with a room and service that exceeded your expectations and we would enjoy welcoming you back again soon.
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2011

LOVE this hotel and we are coming back. Gorgeous room! And right across from the Landing, so it makes it perfect for a night out on town!.
We enjoyed a night out on the Landing. Dinning, Live music, and then back to our gorgeous hotel room.
The staff is friendly, very friendly. They are always glad to assist you. They made our evening just perfect, suggesting where to go for dinner, where to go for dessert, and where to go for drinks. From the valet parking staff to the front desk and guest service, It was a full experience. Oh! And the bartender at the hotel bar was so cordial! What a great atmosphere!
I think we will make our weekend getaway hotel from now on. We are coming back next month!

Room Tip: If available ask them to give you a room overlooking the Landing. Gorgeous view!!
2 Thank MollySlucher
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
There is no greater compliment to us than a return visit. We are thankful that you plan to stay with us again and we also appreciate all of your compliments of our associate. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Omni Jacksonville.
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I try to stay at Omni hotels because I'm a memer of their rewards program and I really enjoy the benefits, like double upgrades to my room and free bubbly!

So, know that my review is including these perks. If you aren't a member of the rewards program ymmv, but I assume you'll still get great service if not a spacious room with a nice view as well.

Anyway, I didn't plan on staying at this hotel. I was provided a free room at another Jacksonville Hotel for a conference I was attending, but the hotel room provided me was disgusting and reaked of carpet cleaner. I could not spend the night, let alone an hour in that terrible room so I called Omni and asked for a room immediately. They had a room for me right away and the service was excellent.

When I arrived the valet was prompt and courteous, think it was $18/night. Inside they seated me in their comfortable waiting area and provided myself and guest with som sparkling water since they hadn't quite gotten the room ready yet - understandable considering I gave them no notice of my needing a room.

The hotel is beautiful and my room was no exception, there were fresh strawberries waiting for me and a bottle of champagne - excellent.

And the view of one of the bridges was incredible. One wall was all window and it was very nice to fall asleep watching the cars traverse the bridge in the distance. It was a fantastic experience and I recommend this hotel to anyone in Jacksonville.

The location is not the best, but hey... it is Jacksonville.

Excellent service, excellent room, excellent sleep, all modern amenities, coffee delivered on time and the right newspaper in the morning (you'd be surprised how difficult that can be for some hotels.)

Thank you Omni Jacksonville. I was easily able to attend the conference and be well rested!

I wish I had some photos, but this was before I started writing reviews on tripadvisor. Take my word, you won't be disappointed here, especially if you have the rewards program.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank Kik2kik
Thank you for your loyalty to Omni Hotels! Although we are sorry that your initial conference hotel did not work out for you, we are glad that we were able to have you as our guest and allow you to enjoy time in Jacksonville. We appreciate your complimentary review and would love to welcome you back if you find yourself back in the Jacksonville area.
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed September 8, 2011

First time visiting Jacksonville. Booked hotel through Hotwire. Room was very clean and comfortable. Bed was great. Enjoyed the Jacksonville Sun game....walked to the stadium which was at the end of East Bay Street. Explored the Landing.....not a whole lot to do in downtown Jacksonville. We were there Labor Day week end; many of the restaurants there do not serve breakfast or were closed for Labor Day. Hotel charged for parking and internet service. Did not use either. We parked on the street for free and could see our car from our hotel room. As in many cities, there were street people wanting money. Will not go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville. We are glad to hear that your experience at our hotel went well but are sorry to hear that you won't be returning. If you change your mind we would enjoy welcoming you back.
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2011

we loved our stay at this hotel. it is very comfortable and clean. great service at juliette's and the gift store. kudos to the front desk, kendra and jesse, you made our stay so enjoyable, you guys are great, could not find anyone more helpful, you made us very comfortable. it was safe going over to the landing. security was present and we did not feel unsafe. the valet guys and mr. antoine, you were great and fun to talk to. we will be back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Omni Jacksonville and we look forward to the opportunity to recognize Kendra, Jesse, and Antoine for their great service. Thank you for writing a review and we look forward to your return.