“Quick Business Trip - Very Good Experience!”

Jacksonville Marriott
Ranked #50 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta
“Quick Business Trip - Very Good Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Was in town for one day/night and stayed at the hotel where the class was conducted. Check in was friendly and efficient. No help with bags, but not much to carry. Room was on the 4th floor, nicely appointed and typical comfy Marriott bed. Breakfast buffet was filling, had a varied selection, made to order omelets and reasonably priced. Hotel was clean, had good A/C - important for mid August! - and friendly staff. No issues.
While in my class, my wife used the fitness center (all new equipment), both the indoor and outdoor pools and room service. She reported that all were in good condition and that the room service (turkey club sandwich) was excellent.
All in all, a very good stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

The service and cleanliness were good and up to what you would expect when staying at a Marriott. The hotel, in general, is in need of some upgrades. The furniture in the lobby, conference rooms, and hotel rooms were very worn. The WiFi did not work the three days we were there and the sheets on the bed were so old they had holes in them. The staff was wonderful and the food in the restaurant was great. A good place to stay. Hopefully they will get some upgrades soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike W
Kelsey L, Front Office Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Mike,
Thank you for your concerns. The Marriott team has updated the internet so it's working very well now. As far as the furniture in the lobby and the other rooms we are doing our best to have them replaced. We hope you come back to visit our Hotel and Restaurant very soon, so you can see the improvements. Thank you again for your comments.

Kelsey Lardner
Assistant Front Office Manager
Jacksonville Marriott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My son and I stayed here to go back to school clothes shopping at St. John's towne center.
Hotel was very clean. The staff was excellent with exception to one housekeeper who gave me a hard time when I asked for shampoo and conditioner from the cart. I was checking out that day - late checkout - but she insisted at 11:30am that she didn't want to give me shampoo and conditioner because I was checking out. It didn't help that she didn't speak or comprehend English too well. She kept saying "check out" "check out!"
I kept telling her "late check out" motioning I need to shower.
Other than that...great stay as would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This has been the 2nd Marriott Hotel that I've stayed in since June 2014. Loved how the staff has treated my wife and I during my stay.Fresh clean room and excellent room service.Receptionist Emily made sure that we were satisfied with our room,and Octavia in food services made sure that my wife and I's breakfast was perfect. Location is everything and being 2 miles from St John's TownCenter, a premier place for shopping and dining has it's perks.Only complaint? No free wifi. But will definitely stay again when visiting Jax. .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our class recently held it's two night 50th reunion at this hotel. I found all the staff we interacted with to be especially service-oriented. My room was just fine, certainly up to Marriott standards, which are generally high. We had a lovely buffet for over 150 people and it went very smoothly. The meal was delicious and tasted fresh, not a bad feat when serving such a crowd. They gave us a great room rate as well. As an example of outstanding and certainly thoughtful service, a number of us ate breakfast Saturday morning and lingered to talk. More and more of our classmates gathered around and we talked and talked from about 9 am til 3:30 pm and were never disturbed. What's remarkable about that? Well, it seems they are closed for lunch but never asked us to leave, but simply one time asked to move our group over to another area so they could clean our tables. On a personal note, when I got home I discovered I was missing my address book. I called the hotel, expecting a cursory search with a perfunctory response. What I got was some of the best customer service ever. The young woman on first shift checked the lost and found, then volunteered to check with the head of housekeeping and call me back. She did, but no luck. Then she said she would pass my information on to the second shift desk clerk who would initiate another search. A few hours later, I received a call from second shift. Although they were unable to locate my lost item, I can not thank all parties involved enough. We are looking to have a 70th Birthday Bash in two years and I certainly will campaign to rebook this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Upper Peninsula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stay at all levels of Marriott properties and this is clearly not at the level they claim. Their staff is outstanding, but their property needs some updating. I smelled the musty smell that other reviewers have mentioned and was surprised that the bathroom door would not close far enough to latch.

Pros: the concierge lounge is very good and staffed with great people, the front desk is friendly and helpful.

Cons: the property needs updating.

I just did not feel like this was a typical downtown Marriott property - the Springhill Suites that we stayed the next night in Savannah was nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank G Roger P
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

June 27-29...Jacksonville Marriott. Nice room...unusually OUTSTANDING meals and room service! Front Desk Staff very kind and friendly...took two days to receive a fridge...I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and will return for...the food! JRB Platinum

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JacksonvilleGM, General Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the food and service. I am glad we exceeded your expectations in these critical areas. I am so sorry about the waiting list for the refrigerator, we had an unusually high demand for them due to the two conferences in house on those dates. Thank you for staying with us!