“Jacksonville's Marriott”

Ranked #49 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Worth, Texas
“Jacksonville's Marriott”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This has been the 2nd Marriott Hotel that I've stayed in since June 2014. Loved how the staff has treated my wife and I during my stay.Fresh clean room and excellent room service.Receptionist Emily made sure that we were satisfied with our room,and Octavia in food services made sure that my wife and I's breakfast was perfect. Location is everything and being 2 miles from St John's TownCenter, a premier place for shopping and dining has it's perks.Only complaint? No free wifi. But will definitely stay again when visiting Jax. .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our class recently held it's two night 50th reunion at this hotel. I found all the staff we interacted with to be especially service-oriented. My room was just fine, certainly up to Marriott standards, which are generally high. We had a lovely buffet for over 150 people and it went very smoothly. The meal was delicious and tasted fresh, not a bad feat when serving such a crowd. They gave us a great room rate as well. As an example of outstanding and certainly thoughtful service, a number of us ate breakfast Saturday morning and lingered to talk. More and more of our classmates gathered around and we talked and talked from about 9 am til 3:30 pm and were never disturbed. What's remarkable about that? Well, it seems they are closed for lunch but never asked us to leave, but simply one time asked to move our group over to another area so they could clean our tables. On a personal note, when I got home I discovered I was missing my address book. I called the hotel, expecting a cursory search with a perfunctory response. What I got was some of the best customer service ever. The young woman on first shift checked the lost and found, then volunteered to check with the head of housekeeping and call me back. She did, but no luck. Then she said she would pass my information on to the second shift desk clerk who would initiate another search. A few hours later, I received a call from second shift. Although they were unable to locate my lost item, I can not thank all parties involved enough. We are looking to have a 70th Birthday Bash in two years and I certainly will campaign to rebook this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Upper Peninsula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stay at all levels of Marriott properties and this is clearly not at the level they claim. Their staff is outstanding, but their property needs some updating. I smelled the musty smell that other reviewers have mentioned and was surprised that the bathroom door would not close far enough to latch.

Pros: the concierge lounge is very good and staffed with great people, the front desk is friendly and helpful.

Cons: the property needs updating.

I just did not feel like this was a typical downtown Marriott property - the Springhill Suites that we stayed the next night in Savannah was nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank G Roger P
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

June 27-29...Jacksonville Marriott. Nice room...unusually OUTSTANDING meals and room service! Front Desk Staff very kind and friendly...took two days to receive a fridge...I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and will return for...the food! JRB Platinum

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JacksonvilleGM, General Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the food and service. I am glad we exceeded your expectations in these critical areas. I am so sorry about the waiting list for the refrigerator, we had an unusually high demand for them due to the two conferences in house on those dates. Thank you for staying with us!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in a double room and lived every minute! It was hard to leave. The kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. I enjoyed the fitness center which is equipped with treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, and various size workout balls. Water and headphones and towels are available. We ordered room service one day and were pleased with the food quality. If you're used to breakfast included in the hotel rate, this might not be your best bed but Waffle House and Cracker Barrel are both very close by. Full bar and restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. Overall I felt this hotel more than met expectations.

Stayed July 2014
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was awesome and very accommodating. There was an odor outside in the halls that was funky but other then that it was nice. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. Also a nice banquet rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

My sister and I stayed there for a concert, the staff was very helpful and nice, rooms were clean and while there was a error in valet parking the manager Ralph of valet really handle the matter quickly, efficiently, and was very kind. We most certainly would stay there again. :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends