“Quiet, nice property”

Jacksonville Marriott
Ranked #49 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very close to the interstate; room was clean and quiet. I will stay here again. Check it out!

Room Tip: stay on a floor not ground level; since the property is not right at the interstate exit (very close...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Jacksonville Marriott

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was extremely pleased with the hotel property and staff. From the bellman, to the front desk, to the concierge lounge, to the restaurant, everyone was very professional and attentive. The room was well appointed, very clean and quiet. The 9th floor is the top floor allowing easy access to the executive lounge and you don't have to worry about noise from a room above.

As a 10+ year loyal Platinum member, I have stayed at many Marriotts around the world and my experience with the Marriott Jacksonville was flawless. I look forward to my next stay in Jacksonville and the exceptional staff at the Marriott on Salisbury Road.

Room Tip: 9th floor is the top floor - you don't need to worry about elevator noise due to the quiet desig...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Captun
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We're not sure why some of the posters have commented on older rooms, except for the fact that perhaps this property is updating the rooms one at a time. We are Platinum members and were given a room on the 8th floor - designated for Elite Members. Nice room, in an older building, but updated with modern décor. Our room was spacious with a desk and lounge chair and even on the 8th floor provided a nice view of downtown Jacksonville in the distance. Other ammenities included a coffee maker and two complimentary bottles of water. The hotel has 2 pools, one inside with a jacuzzi and one outside, but both pretty small. In lieu of the conceriege lounge (closed on weekends), the staff provided us both with breakfast buffet coupons. The buffet was a tasty assortment of breakfast meats, french toast, eggs, potatoes, yogurt and fruit bar, juices, coffee and more. They were bright-eyed and ready for us even at 6:30am on a Saturday! The staff is very friendly and willing to help you should you need. Again, we were happy with our stay and even though there was a medical conference and high school reunion taking place at the property during our stay, we still were very comfortable and not over-crowded! They took care to make sure we enjoyed our time. The last added bonus to mention is the hotel property provided plenty of free private parking.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Elite Rewards member, be sure to request a room on the 8th floor - we definite...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gjscraftygirl
Reviewed May 14, 2012

From the minute we checked in until the moment we checked out, the service was absolutely outstanding. A great, warm welcome upon arrival at the front desk. Smiling desk clerks who thanked us for being their guests. Always a nice welcome back when we returned from an outing. Breakfast was outstanding; food was very flavorful and hot. Bell staff in the lobby were always at the ready and very friendly. The hotel could use some updating which is the only reason we didn't give it an outstanding rating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have stayed here several times and will return when we are in the area. Room was comfortable. It would be more comfortable if there was a sofa or at least 2 easy chairs,
which is what we usually find in the marriott courtyards. It would also be nice if there
was a refrigerator in the room.
We like this hotel and will return, but some of the courtyard amenitites are better.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZAGNIT
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have to say that this was probably the worst Marriott room I can remember having in a long time. The A/C ran continuously, so I would have to turn it off so that the room didn't get too cold. Since it was summer and humid in Jacksonville, the windows had condensation on them from the cold room temperature, and the room smelled somewhat mildewy.

The room furnishings were very dated, and I don't even think it had the latest Marriott bed. In fact, it still had a bedspread instead of the new white duvet. I find this very gross, since they aren't changed out after every guest.

The concierge lounge was very disappointing in its meal and beverage offerings.

The outstanding part was that the staff was exceedingly friendly at check-in and check-out, with the exception of the concierge.

I didn't stay at the Marriott on my next visits, choosing instead to stay at a Residence Inn and a Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here for a two night work meeting. I got to pick the spot and this is what I choose. The building is pretty standard from the road. Its really accessible to I-95 and the local corporate parks. The inside is dated but the staff was friendly enough.

The room was a bit of a problem or I should say the bed. It was so soft that I awoke each day with a sore back. I opted for 2 queen beds. The room finishings all looked fine and the bathroom was updated. It was however time for a mattress switch. Wifi worked great. I also enjoyed the in room coffee.

I can't decide if I would stay here again or not. I stayed for the points and may do it again but would look to other nearby Marriott properties first.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business