“Excellent choice to stop for the before cruising down to ft myers Florida! !”

Quality Inn Conference Center
Ranked #113 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice hotel. Huge place. Great indoor pool. Very nice staff. We were going to stop in lake city fl but the hotel's were twice as much! This worked out great. Easy to highway as well. Great value. Breakfast was nice. It is in a commercial area but that wasn't an issue.quiet clean. And easy to find stuff around the area like stores. Great value!!

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Conference Center

Reviewed May 21, 2014

From the beginning I did not the like the attitude of the Director of Sales. But my mother insisted on having her 60th birthday party there because of the location and she liked food. When you walk into the hotel there is an odor of mildew. On the day that I booked the party. I told the Director of Sales about the smell and the filthy ceiling tiles. She advised that they would be changed before by 5pm the day of the party. I explained that was not good enough. They should be changed before then. I have to come in a decorate. She then advised they would be changed on Friday as long as it does not rain. On May 17, 2014, I arrive at 9am to verify if it had indeed been done. Surprise! Room is not ready and ceiling tiles are still nasty, table linens are faded, table skirt is dirty, room is not set up the way I wanted it. And was never asked how I wanted it set up. At this time I am angry. Front desk calls her at home. I get on the phone and she tells me that I have no business up there that early and she argues with me like I am NOT A CUSTOMER. I say a few choice words and tell her that I did not like her attitude from the beginning and she tells me the same. Really? How are you a director of hotel and you are arguing with a customer because you did not do what you said you would do. I have paid over $2000 for food alone and $350 for the room rental and you have the nerve to have an attitude. The party went on with all of the issues in place. We had a great time! But the fact still remains that I was disappointed and did not get what I was promised. I expected to get a phone call or something on Monday about this issue. Nothing! I had to make the 1st move. I emailed her because I did not want to talk to her after all that happened on Saturday. She gave me some song and dance about we offered extra ammenities like getting in the room early, changing the room around. I changed the room around along with my girls and front desk manager. I came back at 12pm to decorate. Which is the time she said I could get into the room. I told her that I would like the full amount of the $350 from the room rental. She advise that there were late comers and her staff fed them. So I would only get a refund in the amount of $100 back and it will be done today, Monday, May 19, 2014. Well today is Wednesday, May 21, 2014. I have not received a refund. I emailed her yesterday and I did not get a response and I emailed her again today and she finally responds and says that she had to get some signatures of the team lead. Never follows thru with what is supposed to be done. I am very unsatisfied and will keep spreading the word about this Horrible Hotel and their staff. Please do not have anything there let alone stay in this dump!!!!!!! They need to push it down and start over. Needs new roof and everything else. Oh yeah, I also asked in the mix of all of this how much were rooms because we had people coming in from out of town and was tod $69 and $79 a night. Spending that kind of money would have expected a Free or discounted rate on a room. Never again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Katrell M
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Traveling on short notice and needed a place to sleep when we stopped around 11 pm. For $64 plus tax we got a clean room, king bed with comfortable, firm mattress and plentiful pillows. All the usual amenities were there. Decent breakfast included. No complaints!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Upon arrival we learned that our confirmed non-smoking, king or two double reservation would not be honored. The desk attendant as rude. She said that we could take a one double, smoking room or cancel. After we called the chain's 800 number, they called her and confirmed our reservation, she "found" us a room with one double bed, labeled "non-smoking" but it smelled terribly of smoke and was not clean. We have stayed in Quality Inns and other hotels in the Choice Hotels group a few times in the past. Based on this experience, it appears that Choice Hotels has little control over the quality of its franchisees. We will not risk such treatment again - no more Choice Hotels!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick R
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I needed a decent hotel to stay at where I could park my 18 wheeler and take a break so did some research and found the Quality Inn just down the road from a customer where I was picking up a load.

When I first got there, I noticed the parking lot was a bit tight for my 75' long rig but I made it in. If you are in a truck, I advise that you swing wide and go into the first driveway before circling the building and then park on the south end along the fence. That will make it easier for you to get out via the rear gate when it's time to leave.

I could tell that this hotel used to be a nice Holiday Inn at one time. The Holidome area is still there and is decorated with a cool aviation theme. The indoor pool area is nice and well kept. The drawback is their restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch, but not for dinner. There was a bar onsite but it has been closed for a while now.

The rooms are nice and well appointed. There's a refrigerator and microwave in them, along with nice, comfortable beds. If you sleep during the daytime and/or evening hours, I recommend getting a room that is not in the interior area surrounding the Holidome area- the noise from kids playing in the pool tends to echo very loudly in there and into the surrounding rooms.

If your biggest priority is having a good place to sleep while traveling, this hotel is a decent place. If you wish to do a weekend getaway with the family and want a hotel with resort-like amenities and an on-site restaurant and bar, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

For a Choicehotel.com location this was the most disappointing to say the least. The photographs of the Inn are originals, not accurate of the condition now. The indoor pool was my biggest attraction for me and my wife, but needed a serious coat of paint. Our room looks so run down, stains every where and a cigarette burn in bed sheet in a non smoking room, a drop ceiling that was ugly and falling and this was an upgraded room. Unfortunately it seems the people who stay here and the organization that runs it are lacking in care of location. A truck stop is what it appears ! Walked in room looked around and walked out !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NavBlu
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The entire hotel needs to be renovated from top to bottom. The wet dank smell is the first thing you notice as soon as you walk into the building. The carpet and and tiles are stained with water and dark spots. The on site restaurant was dark, and the workers so rude they turned all the lights off on the guests to get them to leave while we were eating, the reason that was given "we are trying to conserve energy." as soon as we left they turned the light on. I WILL NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family