“Amazing”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #95 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My hotel room was amazing, and the housekeeper that cleaned my room (Ketrica Smith) was a sweetheart and did an amazing job on my room. the breakfast was amazing and all staff members were very helpful

Room Tip: King size is the way to go
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2014

So I had originally booked to stay at Studio 6 Jacksonville for 2 1/2 weeks, I spent 2 nights there and could not stand any more as it was so bad, cockroaches, dirty, smelly etc. So my parents found Quality inn while trying to find me a better place to stay (I was travelling on my own to see some friends in America). They told me to book in for 1 night just so I was out of the other hotel and then that would give them more time to find me a really nice one. I checked in and the Manager Gregg Gresham met me and was extremely friendly and helpful, I explained the situation with the other hotel and he made sure I felt at home there. After spending my first night in this hotel I told my parents I was more than happy here, it was clean, comfortable, bright, and smelled good. It was a 30 minute drive from my friends house in Ponte Vedra but since I had found such a nice hotel I decided to stick with it, it wasn't much more expensive than the other hotel either! The Manager Gregg remembered me and was so friendly the whole time I was there. The first 2 days of my holiday I spent in tears wanting to go home, then as soon as I got to this hotel I started to enjoy myself and loved being in America, and ended up being so sad to leave.The hotel was in a great location too- right next to Publix, Wendys, and a load of other restaurants and shops and across the road from the Mall! I will definitely stay here again if I visit again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 1st floor overlooking the pool- room 241. Perfect room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here in October, 2013. Rooms were being refurbished, but we only stayed one night on our way to Panama City Beach, FL, and one night on the way back to enjoy the Orange Park Kennel Club and our "special" meal at Sam's St. John's Seafood. Our night in October was good, enjoyed the refurbished motel which was close to everything and allowed smoking. This trip was not so good. Think they are catering more now to the construction workers who seemed to occupy most of the first floor. After three tries with the card key (the same old story) to our room on the second floor (first floor was requested), finally got into the room to discover no microwave or fridge. Desk clerk came up to move us to another room three doors down. Nice flat-screen TV, not a variety of channels. Next morning, after the "better half" took a shower, bathtub clogged up. We were assured that the maintenance person would be there by 9. He was, did a good job and I was able to have a hot shower. Left for some sightseeing and was back by 4. Room was only half-way cleaned, no clean towels left, ashtrays not cleaned, no fresh coffee/tea supplies, coffeemaker not cleaned. Didn't even try the wifi. Parking lot was full with trucks and vans. I'm thinking this motel is not for the "leisure" traveler anymore. They do have a sign out front advertising "weekly rates" which should have given me a hint. Breakfast was adequate with the usual "no food to be taken out of the breakfast room" sign. Pool looked nice; didn't try it. Tried to post a review on ChoiceHotels after our trip, but they would not take it. Our reservations were made using our ChoicePrivileges points. Don't know if that makes us second-class travelers or not. Anyway, will not use this motel again, although it is close to the dogtrack, the mall, good restaurants and conveniently located off of I-295. Think we will try another motel that is more attuned to leisure travelers. However, I will compliment the Front Desk personnel. With all the problems, they were very helpful and tried to resolve the situation(s).

Room Tip: Well, just make sure the room is as advertised. Ours was advertised with a micro/fridge. Thought i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JULSAM
Reviewed July 21, 2014

2 of the 4 lights were working, internet was sketchy/slow, Didn't notice towels were missing until i stepped out of the shower. Took the top sheet off the bed to dry off and found blood spots on the fitted sheet. NOT my blood. Needs demolition!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a hotel I've regularly used. I travel for work , so I've seen the best and worst of service/rooms. I'll get right to the review : GOOD: I arrived after 9pm on Sunday . Was greeted by one of the regular night clerks. She was extremely helpful and actually remembered my face. I was greeted with a smile and placed into a great room.
BAD: The room was not cool and had a moist feel to it. The ac was not on at all. Not good , considering its summer and the room was near the pool. So moisture would be a problem. But, after 20 minutes of ac the room was liveable. I could've complained but it would be nit picking.
Ugly: Checkout was no good at all. I wanted a late checkout (11:30). I was lectured by an unfriendly clerks abuut having to pay another day rate for late checkouts. Even 30min. After a few exchanges she finally agreed. Her personality was dismissive and un-engaging. When I checked out, she continued the poor customer service. This is something that I was not used to here. It appeared that she was training a new clerk and was not interested in helping me. I actually took the experience personally. However, the trainee was EXTREMELY nice. Sensing my frustration, she tried to engage me with casual conversation and a smile. The main clerk went to the back, sent my receipt to me without asking about my stay or even thanking me for the business. Maybe I'm asking too much. But service means everything today! And today, my checkout service was horrible.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank businessTravler1911
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Musty, moldy smell, tub drain clogged and filled with water while showering. Folded hand towel was wet, therefore was previously used and put back for next guest. Although we checked in after 11 pm, the refrigerator was not cold, but was cold when we left in the AM. Sheets on king bed too small and rolled off while sleeping. Interior of room entry door was black with dirt by the handle. Will put this one on my "DO NOT STAY" list.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trav_vjcmjd
ELodge, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear trav_vjcmjd,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Kind Regards,
Kem
Manager
Quality Inn, Jacksonville
904-777-5313

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Thank you to greg and the staff for making our family comfortable in you hotel in orange park.We were attending a birthday party at Chuck e cheese which was located just a block away! I had to check in early because of bad accomadations at a partner hotel and greg was fantastic in helping me get in a room as quickly as possible.The room was clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very accommodating.Check -in was fast.Breakfast was very good and the staff there were very friendly.Thank you so much for making the remainder of my trip much better than what I experienced the day before at the other hotel. We really enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#101 of 133 in Jacksonville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#81 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!