“Average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #92 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gainesboro, Tennessee
“Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel was average, it was clean, but the desk clerk could have been a bit more friendly. When I first got there she indicated that they only had rooms on the second floor and I would not have a micowave or frig. Told her I had driven from Tennessee and was tired and it really didn't matter if I had one or not that I had not planned on preparing anything to eat. I ask if they had an elevator due to the fact that I had surgery on my shoulder and lifting luggage up stairs would be difficult for me. She indicated that no they did not but she would check and see if maybe they had a room on the first floor. She told me she had located one. I told her I appreciated that and then she advised me about the wifi told her I would not need it, then she advised me of the hours that breakfast would be served and that I would need a coupon. I told her I would not need that either. But she she insisted I take the number for the wifi and the breakfast coupon. I finally got to my room and then had to track down the ice machine. As I was making my way to the other side of the building I noticed that there were many first floor rooms that were available and was a bit upset that I was told there weren't any when I first got there. I would have been upset had I had to drag my luggage up a flight of stairs only to find out later I didn't have to. However, because the hotel was clean and easy to get to from the interstate I won't allow this little incident from keeping me from returning there if I ever come through this area again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Georgia1144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our first official stay at a Quality Inn and I must say that we'll be back. For starters we arrived very early but to our surprised our room was ready. No we did not have to wait to 3PM. We just checked on in and was well on our way for the perfect stay-cation. Upon entering the room we discovered that we did not have a remote. Called the front desk and within minutes they immediately brought one to us. The room was spacious and clean. Wireless connection was excellent and the location was perfect. Shops, restaurants and Orange Park Mall is literally just a minute or two away. Breakfast was delicious. Consist of waffles, eggs, sausage,biscuits, toast, bagels, muffins, pastries, fruit, assortment of cereals, juice, coffee, tea and milk. Overall we were very please with our stay and will diffidently be back again. Thanks Quality Inn of Orange Park for a very pleasant getaway!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sweetie-Sunshine
Easley, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Awesome! Was checked in by a very professional young lady. When I got to my room - it was just what I made my reservation for; on the first floor right across from the swimming pool. My request had been granted. I do want to mention Rechelle. For some reason my door pass wouldn't work. When I went into the office she fixed the problem and was very happy to do so. Would I stay here again..... YES, this is my second time. When I need to come to Jacksonvile/Orange Park I'll be staying at the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Spring and Fall of 2012. The rooms pool side are great, no noise at all.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ron B
Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wasn't sure at first because I stayed here when it was a Hampton Inn,So when I called and found out it was a Quality Inn I wasn't sure if I would get the same Great Service and I did,At check inn the young lady had 3 other guest in front of me,So I was thinking this was going to take awhile,But she notice me within seconds and said I will be right with you,I love that,When she proceeded to check me in she Thank me on being a Choice Guest,She also gave me and my husband a up-grade on our room,She was very pleasant and when we got to the room My husband notice that the remote control didnt work,we call the frontdesk and within minutes Lawanda brought us a remote control and she apologize for any inconvenience,But she made us feel very comfortable and if we needed anything else she made us feel like we can call her with no problem,I love employees who make you feel like family,On our trip back from the Florida Keys we will be staying here again because of the Lawanda.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the pool are Great!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trina W
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Disclosure! I am on business not vacation, so my review is based on the one and done premise. A different hotel tomorrow. This hotel in Jacksonville is nice because of the price and location. There are a few restaurants close and manageable to get to with a short drive or a casual walk down the sidewalk. The only real negative is the breakfast. Went in an hour before closing and they're was hardly anything left. They were not replacing anything. I actually waited for a while to see if they would, but no one even acted concerned. All in all I would stay again. But if breakfast is something you banked on I would look somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Onemoredown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was supposed to be a non smoking room but could smell it as soon as we walked in so we turned the air on thinking it would help but kept getting worse through out the night. Spiders in the corners. Just plain dirty. The towels smelled and so did the sheets. Don't stay here!!! We also did find an ash tray in the room, we asked at front desk if was non smoking, she looked and said it was, we told her it stunk and was dirty, she said sorry but I think she has heard it many times before.

• Stayed October 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Was checked in for two nights by richelle she was very rude and when we checked into our room the room smelled very badly and was not very clean at all. I went down to the desk to change our room and she was on her cell phone talking and I had to wait for her to get off her phone to get another room. Was not happy with her service at all! The second room was just as bad but we stayed due to being tired from traveling.
Went to front desk next morning and Laura was working explained to her what had happened last night she was Very polite and willing to help with getting us another room. She took the time to show us another room that we were happy with. She went way out of her way to help us and she also did an amazing job in breakfast and juggling the front desk. You need to get rid of the ones that don't want to go over and beyond there job duties!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Stay Suites of America
Stay Suites of America
#8 of 12 in Orange Park
BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Quality Inn Of Orange Park? Share your experiences!