“Unwelcoming Experiences”

Ranked #94 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“Unwelcoming Experiences”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Not sure how there can be such a string of consistent excellent reviews, but relying on them, I decided to give this property a try since I recalled that I had had an okay stay a couple of years or so ago when it used to be a Hampton. Usually my experience is as others have reported, so I rarely post a review here as it wouldn't add much.

Stayed here twice over a 2 week period. Upon arrival for my first stay, clerk complained about my rate being so low, and questioned me about where I found it (on the choice website). Not a welcoming feeling, but rest of stay was okay. Then on second stay, a different clerk insisted on taking my drivers license away to the back room claiming only to be sure I was who I said because I was using a credit card (as I did for the first stay when nothing of the sort happened). I was worried about why this demand this time and not before, plus I have never had more than a quick check to match the name on the credit card and license. Experience left me feeling unwelcome.

The breakfast the first time was on time, but the second time, it was a full 45 minutes late before the first few items were placed out and almost an hour before all the items had been placed out. Making matters worse, breakfast attendant chastised me for looking for a mere cup of coffee 5 minutes before the breakfast start time (there was none), and then they were an hour late getting the spread set up. Being chastised made me feel unwelcome.

All in all, I did not feel very welcome here. I have 2 more stays that I had booked prior to my second stay that I plan to cancel as soon as I can book another room elsewhere.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank addictedtomytravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have to say this was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen. The first room we saw had dirt and small red bugs in the box spring, a used washcloth behind the bed, and crud in the carpet between the bed and night stand and in the corners. The second room had colonies of spiders in every corner, between the bed and night stand, and under all the chairs with the little red bugs in the box spring. The third room had leftover candy wrappers on the night stand, a horrible smell in the armoir, and more spiders. The only thing good about this hotel was the lady at the desk, very nice and apologetic. Needless to say, we went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this Quality Inn ranked right at the top. The room was spotless, the staff were extreamly helpful & friendly, and the continental breakfast was one of the best I've seen of this type. Rates were very affordable, and the free wifi allowed me to keep up with business. Based on value, comfort, & service, I recommend this Quality Inn to anyone traveling to the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is a former Hampton Inn so the rooms are very nicely decorated the rooms are clean and the staff was excellent rechelle joh and jessica along with the manager ram were all very hospitiable and ready to please the guests housekeeping is great the rooms were very clean, nice pool, and the FREE breakfast was nice also. the price was below what i would have expected for the quality of service we received there were other hotels in the area but after pulling into the parking lots of super8 and motel6 well the people in the parking lot and hanging around definitely were shady to say the least. quality inn was definitely the winning choice id recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area, and ill be back for sure. there were a great many resturaunts all within walking distance and a shopping plaza directly across the street

Room Tip: we stayed in front of the pool very nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I really had a good stay. I am diamond club member of Best Western, not knowing the quality of Quality Inn. I must say that I was very pleased. I want to thank the whole staff for their hospitality, and yes I will be back. I am a Disable Veteran who travel back and forth, and because of my experience here, Quality will be one of my choice hotel, and who knows, after a while be my first choice. My lady is hard to please, and Quality did a good job. Thanks, Quality Inn!

Room Tip: I want to try your suite next. My current location is great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great staff, from the manager down! Amber is great always taking care of the breakfast .

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Awesome place. Great breakfast and excellent customer service. Clean room, comfy bed, spacious. Pool looked great although we didn't have time. A+ all around!

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#100 of 132 in Jacksonville
Hospitality Inn
Hospitality Inn
#67 of 132 in Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Quality Inn Of Orange Park? Share your experiences!