“Cockroaches everwhere”

Ranked #93 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
La Parguera, Puerto Rico
“Cockroaches everwhere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

In a recent I used the laundry and they didnt have enough dryers to dry my clothes When I took a shower I put my shirt on the floor. When I picked it up 20 Cockroaches ran out from under it,in my room.It sat on the floor for 10 mins

Room Tip: The price sucked And it was dirty
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Granville
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location near I-95 is the main attraction for this place. It's inexpensive - another advantage - but maintenance is spotty. Generally clean. Attempt to improve bathroom with granite panels is good, but controls are old, grungy, and don't fit well. King bed on ground floor is $5 extra (on the room rate of $33). Breakfast is average - oatmeal, waffles (make your own), bananas if you get there early enough. Friendly service. Good motel if you are traveling and need a one-night stay, Burger King next door. Other shopping a mile away. Busy road, lots of big truck traffic, but rooms near the back are quiet.

Room Tip: short stay only
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel, located on Phillips Hwy is conviently located, just south of downtown Jax. The Landing was 5-10 minutes north, St. John's Town Center 10 minutes tot he south. The staff, Hadlee, was extreemly helpful & friendly. Though the sign says no pets, we had called and they informed us that it would be ok, no additional pet fee - just a refundable deposit. The hotel is a little bit on the old side, and could use a renovation, but our room was clean and it was quiet. I will most likely use them again when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl T
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Highly recommend this motel, service is excellent & rooms are great!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Eloy G
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed March 10, 2007

I came over to Jax last october and chose this hotel cause it was close to some bars and had high speed internet, but their web page lied! When I got in my room I found that they had no high speed internet, when I asked they seemed to think high speed was a dialup connection . And the phone cord was ripped out so I couldn't even connect to it!! The whole place was kinda dark and didn't seem very safe, but it is close to some strip bars which made it convienent. I definitely kept a look over my shoulder while I stayed here, seemed to be a very popular stop with the truckers since its just off I-95. I was planning to stay here for three nights, but I bailed the next morning and found a better hotel across the road! There is an IHOP on the property that was pretty decent, so at least I was able to eat.

• Liked — There was an IHOP on the premises
  • Disliked — Lied about having high speed internet!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TankJordan