“Really nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“Really nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very close to I-95 so loved this. Restaurant on premises. Ate at the bar but the bartender spoke a foreign language and was soo loud I couldn't enjoy my meal. Breakfast was very over priced and not good at all. The lobby and all areas are very clean and loved it. Room was huge and the bathroom as well. It came with a microwave and refrig so I liked that. I did get the sleep number bed and it was a pain. Ask for a regular bed. Over all loved the stay and will be back

Room Tip: Do not get the sleeper number bed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Bloomington IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at many Radisson hotels in my travels. I can't recall when the hotel was not another brand that had gotten tired and got a new badge but not much else from the Radisson people. The Radisson in Jacksonville is a former Doubletree that had maintained its standards and as a Radisson it continues to maintain a decent standards as a nice place to stay. The staff was friendly and professional. Nothing in particular stands out as exceptionally good or bad. But this hotel is priced right for a good night's stay. I have stayed here before and I will stay here again as long as the rates are competitive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Catching up on reviews, been a while since my stay.

Stayed at this hotel one evening during a quick visit to Jacksonville. On check in the lobby was full of cigarette smoke. Someone had propped the door open to the pool area off the lobby and was smoking next to the door. When we checked in we were told we were supposed to have gotten a free drink at the bar but it was already closed. We asked if we could use it as a credit towards breakfast instead but they would not. Why mention it if we could not use it?

Had never slept in a sleep number bed before, hopefully we won't have to again. It was like sleeping on an air mattress and neither of us slept very well. Came down for breakfast in the morning but the restaurant was already closed. Looking at the hours posted online they must have changed the dining area hours as I don’t think we arrived the evening before that late or got up that late the next morning.

If they got rid of the sleep number beds I would stay here again but I now know not to book a room anywhere that has them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

A good place to stay if you're a corporate traveler, convenient to I-95. Room is very clean, linens are in good shape. Sofa cushion had minor damage from an iron, not a huge deal. Lobby is nice, I noticed a samples board indicating they're getting ready for a refresh.

Normally not a huge fan of the sleep number beds as I've had some in the past that didn't hold the air. This bed was just right.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews. I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got an unbelievable rate. Previously I have stayed at the hotel indigo in Jacksonville. I wanted to stay there again but the rate was literally double. I found the Radisson to be very nice and would absolutely stay again. The beds were fine, the place was clean and staff was excellent. The front desk people were wonderful. They went out of their way to help me with the wifi and my late check in.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night in late July 2013, recent review. Overall good property, nice pool, nice lobby, room was fine, clean, well equipped. Staff very helpful and friendly. Negatives, select comfort mattress not the best choice, not too comfortable and worst, noise from neighbors pump on mattress was very noisy, thin walls between rooms. On site restaurant too $$$$. Hotel needs listings of local restaurants, menus okay but listing would be better. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the past ten years. This is the first one that has charged me for local calls, what gives with this ? You could loose a good, high paying customer over a fifty cent call that costs you nothing. Need more luggage carts. Overall nice hotel, good value, good location, good service. I would come again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business