“accommodate guess when not received the room they booked.”

Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville
Ranked #90 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“accommodate guess when not received the room they booked.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Based off the room. It was nice. What's was upsetting is I booked a king bed with a sleeper bed. What I got was a king with no sleeper bed in ahandicap room. was is that my room the last book, when I know it wasn't because me being a travel agent myself booked my own. saw other rooms available... Another upsetting scene was my water bottles in the hotel room we're already open.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Snoqualmie
Reviewed January 15, 2013

As others have mentioned this is in an awkward spot in a business park with another 4-5 hotels. My GPS found this place just fine, so maybe updated software will do the trick.

The room was very spacious, included a desk, small coffee table to sit next to the chaise/love seat. The latter being a nice touch and comfortable for surfing and/or doing email with a nice cup of coffee on the side table. Speaking of coffee...the in room brewer and coffee was horrific. If you have dunkin donut taste, amble down to the lobby and get the fresh brewed served in carafes. If you have Starbux taste, make the trek a mile down the road...it's worth it:).

The bed was superb, nice and firm, with a good supply/mix of pillows with clean sheets and a nice down comforter. The a/c and it's adjustability was spot on.

While the room was a bit tired, it was generally clean (more on that in a minute). The carpet was a weird industrial type that looked and felt like brown outdoor carpet. It wasn't bad, but weird.

I found a dirty, crusty washcloth in the tub and I suspect that's all they've been using to clean it as it really needed a good scrub brush. Nothing I was too scared to shower in, but not acceptable for my home shower.

The exercise room is small, but functional and I enjoyed my 5k on the treadmill, while watching the Australian Open! The pool was clean and looked refreshing, but I forgot my suit:(.

Overall, I found the room very comfortable and would have enjoyed my stay with the exception of the terribly thin walls. I could hear my neighbor coughing. That was tolerable, but when him and his wife started arguing and continued to do so until 1am, it was really miserable. They were only arguing, not yelling, but I could hear most of the conversation. If I had the energy at that time of night I would have switched rooms.

The location seemed good and central for anything that involved central Jax. Since there were so many other options on the same road, I would probably try a different property on my next visit due to the thin walls.

I should add that as everyone else has already mentioned, the staff are stellar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank shastaball
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel. The staff was less than pleasant and could not be bothered by us. On a busy time of the year, there were paint repairs being done in the main lobby which stunk to oil fumes and was highly offensive when going in and out of the hotel. On the third night, we called the front desk to complain about a loud teenage party happening in the hall and room next door and the manager on duty did not send someone up for half an hour only after we went down to physically complain. With all the other choices available in the area, I would not waste my money at this Radisson.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We are sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced.
JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Radisson JTB. From the moment we checked in, I knew I made a great choice based on the friendliness of the front desk clerk, Nkoyo. She gave me all the details and amenities that the hotel had to answer that no questions needed to be asked from me once she finished. The room was clean and HUGE! The bathroom was clean as well. The complimentary coffee was delicious. And the Sleep Number bed a definite PLUS! After all the years insomnia kept me up and I've seen that informercial, to actually sleep in one was GREAT! Like sleeping on a cloud!The only reasons I didnt give the hotel 5/5 is because the room was freezing to me! It was extremely cold outside and I had the thermostat on 80 and it never really heated up until I got ready to check out. Another downfall was that although the shower did get hot, the water pressure was pretty weak. After working 9hrs, we were in no mood to go through the hassle of switching rooms. Other than those 2 negatives, the Radisson would grade as an A++ rather than an A- in our book! Yet in still, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again myself. Another major plus is that its walking distance from DnBs! Thanks again to Radisson and Nkoyo for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was not that great. Hot tub was not working, hair dryer was not working.There were a lot of stains in the carpets. The location was hard to find. I will say the staff was very friendly and helpful though.

Baldivis, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff here were great. The hotel itself you can see it once was a brilliant hotel but over the years, time has taken its toll. The rooms were clean and well kept but small signs of wear and tear easily seen. The hotel also gave you 20% off the D&B's across the road which was a good bonus. When all is said and done, it was a very pleasant stay.

Sarasot
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night. The check in was quick and efficient.The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable . The rooms were spacious and clean. We dined in the hotel where the food was excellent. We enjoyed it so much that we have booked another stay tomorrow night on our return journey to the Carolina's.