“Nice Stay”

Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville
Ranked #89 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel surprised me it was in a great location, the room was very well done with refrigerator, microwave, a nice bed with the sleep number system and the hotel staff were great remembered our names and most helpful. A good choice for our first time staying in Jacksonville. The downside was the A/C worked but to adjust it to make the room cooler never worked so our room stayed 71,72 and 75 degrees even though we wanted it to be 68. We requested it be looked at and both times the maintenance informed us it was working but it never did, also the free wifi went out ALOT and we were given a number to call the internet provider.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Check in was fast and friendly. If you are looking for the luggage carts they are in a closet to the right around a corner as you walk into the hotel.

I was given a ticket for a free drink in the hotel lounge at check in. There is no free breakfast I would have preferred they keep the drink and give me something to eat in the morning.

The hotel was full of rambunctious college students there for some kind of sporting event and the hallways were like a thoroughfare with loud shouting and slamming doors.

I was never quite able to find a good setting for the sleep number bed that felt right. Now lest you think me an idiot I easily figured out how to work the control for the bed the setting options were either too soft or too firm. Combined with the loud noise not my most restful nights sleep.

Personal preferences are important so if you like sleep number beds, booze instead of breakfast, and noisy rooms then perhaps you will have a better nights stay here than I did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for just over a week June 2012.

The staff members were all very friendly, professional and helpful and I give each of them high marks. However, the room details that make a stay comfortable and pleasant were missing.

The AC is not able to keep the room cool enough. It is a system that blows air from a fan over pipes that have cold water in them. This is not like your home or car system and it had a hard time keeping the room cool. The maintenance man was happy to check it out but there was nothing he could do to make it cooler. The small refrigerator in the room was a joke, it does not cool down anything and the hallway of the hotel was actually colder then the refrigerator. The bathroom has no exhaust fan and so after taking a shower the mirrors are clouded up. The TV often hung up or did not get certain channels and the desk stated this was beyond their control. After 3 attempts they were able to repair my room safe. Additionally, the radio and one of the lights did not work either. It appears to me that the owners do not want to expend any more money they absolutely must spend to keep the doors open here. The bed here is numbered sleep bed. It was difficult to work and it is a hard firm bed and I never could make it softer. Not of these items that I am reporting are major but in total they made for a room that I could only rate as poor overall condition. I hope that this helps you know what you will be getting and then you can decide if this is worth the cost.

Room Tip: If you like this particular location there are at least 5 other hotels right in this business part t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Steve D
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the staff I wil be sure to share your experience with all. I would lke to apologize for your experience with the air conditioning and refridgerator. I understand we all have personal preferences when it comes to the comfort of the temperature of the guestroom. Thank you for sharing your experience. We share all guest experiences with the staff in an effort to improve the services we offer.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

When we checked in the Radisson hotel on Wednesday evening we were told that the only rooms left in the hotel had a King size bed and a couch. We went to see the room and decided that it would not be sufficient for my husband, my daughter and myself. The desk clerk gave us a room on the fourth floor. The room was disgusting., It had mold in the bathroom, a cracked sink and the paint was chipping off the bathroom door. We were going to check out of the hotel and find another place to stay. The manager overheard us talking at breakfast and asked us if we wanted to stay in one of the suites. We stayed in one of the suites on the sixth floor. It was a better room but still very dirty and outdated. The maid service did not come until late in the afternoon and never replenished our shampoo, conditioner or water. Internet was suppose to come with the room and we had problems with connecting to the internet our entire stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was afraid to take my shoes off and walk on the carpet as well as the beds were so uncomfortable I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lglick
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that the guestrooms were not satisfactory to you. When a guest brings a concern or suggestion to the attention of any member of the staff, we put forth every effort to make things right. We take great pride in our facility and our guests as many other TripAdvisor members have shared. I apologize that your experience was not to the level of service we strive to achieve. Should you be in the Jacksonville area in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with any future reservations.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was traveling with a group of 20 ladies, and we stayed one night at this Radisson. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and professional. The group sales rep was a true pleasure to work with and set us up with a great group rate. Everyone enjoyed our stay. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here with my daughter and we loved it. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The fitness area was small, but I was the only one in there, so it didn't matter. The equipment was in excellent condition, and there was a TV as well. We had a good rate via a community appreciation program, and my only complaint is that after I booked two stays, I couldn't seem to get anyone to reserve any more. I still had 2 "coupons" left and wanted to use them before their expiration next month. I called several times and was transferred to the manager's voicemail and never received a call back. When I finally reached someone the next day, I was told there were no rooms available on the other days I wanted. Beyond that annoyance, when we were at the hotel, the staff was phenomenal. Kudos to Kelsey at the front desk who was not only polite, professional and extremely knowledgeable about the area, she also remembered me and addressed me by name each time I was in the lobby. She was helpful with restaurant suggestions, and directions as well. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, although for the price, could have been better. Our waiter though was excellent, and very friendly, helpful and quick. All in all, we enjoyed it, and I look forward to staying there again next week.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked a room at this property through a bidding site. It was an excellent value! The property was immaculate and looked fairly new. There is an on-site restaurant and Dave & Buster's is a short walk. Rooms have mini frigs and microwaves. Furniture is oversized, which can make the rooms feel a tad smaller, but it isn't a major inconvenience. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family