“Contemporary comfortable hotel”

Ranked #45 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Central Florida, Florida
“Contemporary comfortable hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We picked this hotel because of having an appointment at the Mayo Clinic. But I would gladly stay there again. It is a beautiful hotel with a contemporary New York flair. Check in was very fast and no hassles. The room was gorgeous with rotating flat screen, double desk and lots of table tops so luggage or personal items never need to touch the floor. The bathroom had sample Paul Mitchell products. The beds and bedding were top notch! Very comfortable pillows! The parking lot was right outside our window but we never heard anything. The restaurant called the Bistro was very good. We had oatmeal, cook to order eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and Starbucks coffee. Also available in the lobby was free coffee with flavored creamers. It rained the entire time we were there so we didn't get to enjoy the pool but it looked in top condition. The grounds around the pool area were beautiful! Our two nights there were hassle free!

Room Tip: Our room was in the back (#147) and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy N
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer and the Bistro. Let's hope the next time you visit it will not be raining so you can enjoy the pool.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Davie, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2013

To begin, I will clarify that I do work for a hotel in South Florida. Please read my review with that in mind, its human nature to compare and criticize unintentionally when you possess something similar. Anyway, I was highly disappointed with my overall experience during my two night stay! Upon arrival, I walked through the front entrance, as we approached the front desk the attendant asked, " Checking in?" there wasn't a smidgen of a greeting, no, "Hi, how are you, welcome to the Marriott." Just, Checking in?" as I was attempting to reply, he answered the phone in the middle of my breath and completely disregarded me and did not give me any eye contact. He pointed to our room while handing our keys, go figure, we ended up getting lost. I escort everyone of my guests to their room. The entire property seemed vacant, yet there wasn't an upgrade or even an offer to upgrade. At my property we upgrade our guests if there is plenty of availability. Why not provide over the top care for your guests? Entering the room, appears like it looks good, nope! There was about an inch thick of dust built up on the back of the sofa. Nasty! Soap scum and mildew built up on the sink faucet and no bed bug covers!!!!!Pillows were awesome though! I must say upon check out the GM was present and showed the ultimate best customer service! It is noticeable that all surrounding employees were doing their job as they should! I'm guessing supervision needs to be implemented ASAP. The restaurant/ Bar, horrible service once again! We asked for 2 Strawberry Margaritas, he delivered 2 regular ones and as he served us our drinks slyly mentioned that they offer a seasonal strawberry margarita in case we want another round. Well, a strawberry margarita was what we originally asked for. Hellooooo!!!! Very disappointed with my stay here. I hope someone does something about it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda C
I am very sorry about all if the issues you faced while staying at the hotel. You should have been greeted with a warm Courtyard greeting instead of “checking In” and they should have asked you if they could pick up the phone instead of just interrupting you. I have shared your comments with the Front Desk staff and have done some additional training with them. This should not happen again.
I want to stay at your property in South Florida!! Logistically we cannot escort and upgrade all guests who stay at the hotel. We have 146 guest rooms, two towers with 3 floors on each tower and only 12 suites. The suites are our most popular room type and they are usually sold out. We do try to upgrade our Marriott Elite members whenever we can., but it would be impossible to upgrade and escort all guests to their rooms.
I have spoken to the person who is responsible for cleaning your room and the person who inspects the rooms. These issues should not have happened. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and we did not execute that service with your room. I also shared your comments with the entire housekeeping staff so they understand the impact they can have on our guests. Finally, I spoke to the server who brought you the Margaritas in the Bistro. He wanted me to send his apology. He did not hear that you wanted Strawberry Margaritas, that is why he made the recommendation to you for the second round. I appreciate all of the feedback and I hope you stay with us again in the future.
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pool was filthy! Black slime between water line and top of pool.
Vomit smell next to bed by wall..there is no way that housekeeping could've missed it!!!! Was only given a free breakfast..no offer of reduced or free night stay!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ValleyhockeyMom
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are very sorry for the issues that you experienced. As you can tell by the other reviews, these issues do not normally occur at the hotel. As we explained when you contacted Marriott Customer Service we addressed and solved the issues as soon as they were brought to our attentions. Our goal is to fix any issues our guests may experience immediately so that it does not affect the remainder of their stay. We did not feel the issues warranted a free night stay but we did try to compensate you with providing a complimentary breakfast.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Mayo Clinic, we literally walked to our appointment which we found extremely convenient. The hotel is clean and comfortable, food accessible at all times with a varied selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The outdoor pool area is nice and there is a sitting area outside with comfortable chairs if you don't want to be by the pool. We thought the room was well appointed and a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay if you going to Mayo Clinic. The hotel is on the grounds of the Clinic complex, the Clinic is within easy walking distance, and the hotel offers a shuttle for those can't walk it. The staff is friendly and the food was fine. My room seemed a little dated, but was comfortable enough.

The nightly rate was on the higher end for similiar hotels in Jacksonville, but you are paying for the proximity to Mayo. The hotel is advertised as Mayo Clinic/Beaches, but be forewarned that the beaches are a healthy drive away. Also be forewarned that the only business near the hotel and Clinic is a very crowded gas station.

The bottom line is when I go to Mayo, I'll stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I wanted to thank you for the great review and comments about the hotel. Not only is “this a great place to stay if you are going to Mayo Clinic” it’s a great hotel to stay at if you are traveling on vacation. We are only 4 miles from several of Jacksonville’s famed beaches and centrally locate too many things Jacksonville has to offer. There are not many businesses or restaurants located within walking distance to the Courtyard but anything that you can need is within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

Again, thank you for the great review.
Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Due to a serious illness in our family, we found ourselves in need of a good room that was affordable. We found both at the Courtyard Marriott across from the Mayo Clinic. What we received in addition to a good value and great place to rest and restore ourselves was kindness and compassion. The Customer service we received was second to none. We found all associates we dealt with to be above reproach. They were so kind and willing to work with us in any way we needed. We appreciate their kindness and will recommend them to anyone who asks. I would stay here again anytime.
Thank you Courtyard Staff, Jacksonville Mayo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments. I have shared your review with the hotel staff and they were very appreciative that you took the time to write this review. We hope your family member is doing better!!!
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We were here for my wife's surgery so it was a stressful situation. The proximity to Mayo was an obvious plus but our experience was much more than just that. The room was very nice of course, in keeping with the Courtyard brand. The staff was exceptional helping me deal with meals at odd hours, transportation back and forth to the hospital at odd hours and more. While this property would be very good for any traveler, it is a godsend when you are going to Mayo. I whole heatedly recommend it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
#65 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!