“convenience to Mayo Clinic only reason to stay”

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Ranked #50 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Front desk staff fine--same styrofoam cup sitting on top of walkway light fixture(at side entrance to elevators)when we left as was there on check in---overpriced minimal quality restaurant reminded us of a mall "food court setting"--room o.k.---yes, there is a microwave available in the Market c-store area.only reason to return would be Mayo

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank retiredtravelers2

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Have stayed at the Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic over 20 days this year due to medical treatment at the Mayo Clinic. This Hotel has been a God send. The staff are nice, friendly and compassionite. Location could not be better as could walk across street to the Mayo Clinic and Hospital. Due to asthma attack early in the morning around 03:30 am, I called the front desk and they sent someone up to room with a wheelchair to takes us to the Emergency room and when we were released, they came and brought us back and push wheelchair to our room. Rooms are nice. Housekeeping is efficient with friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffrow2793
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I booked this hotel on priceline for a very reasonable rate HOWEVERit was not anywhere near the beach! It islocated on the Mayo clinic and it is unfortunately like visting a hospcie facility. We checked in since I had already paid for it and put our luggage down and took a tour of the compound. Afet seeing many frail and sick people I knew I could not have a romantic evening here and we immediately checked out and moved to anothe hotel that is on the beach. There is nothing by this hotel other than the hospital. Extremely upsetting experience and there was no refund to be had since it was a Priceline deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KIMCHIZ
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I hve been a patient at the Mayo Clinic for almost 4 years and I always stay here. The staff is always helpful, efficient and kind. They ensure that you have everything that you need when you need it. You always get a wonderful smile and people that work hard to make your stay the most enjoyable it can be.
The restaurant is excellent with a wide range of foods and is open for daily meals allowing you to pick your time for eating.
The Hotel has recently been remodeled from top to bottom. This impressed me as I thought it was fine as it was.
The General manager takes a personal interest in his customers and the response of his staff to his customers. The management of this Hotel is always ahead of the curve. This shows the traits of diligence, discipline and vision.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank APC925
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you like the renovation and the new Lobby. I am going to share your review with the staff!!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel and is an A+ in my book. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was helpful. Our room was on the first floor and poolsidev absolutly beautiful and very clean. My husband and I sat out on the porch after dinner and enjoyed some adult beverages listening to the tranquil sounds of the night.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DianaLovesTravel

I appreciate the great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our tranquil and peaceful surroundings.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Our check-in earns this hotel 5 stars for service. Chuck, the desk clerk, went way beyond the call-of-duty to help us with my wife's lost pocketbook which contained cash, glasses, credit cards and other essentials. It had been left at a Burger-King 150 miles back in Orlando. Chuck tracked down the correct B-K, called the manager there and helped us arrange recovery.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with Chuck. He truly showed that Marriott Service that we provide all of our guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Nice wooded hotel setting (except the association with the Mayo Clinic is a little creepy).
Positives:
nice room decor
balcony
nice size flat-panel HDTV
in-room fridge
free in-room internet (wired), wifi in lobby
Negatives:
no bathtub - shower only
dead battery in door lock caused card keys not to work - had to switch rooms

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

I appreciate the great review. I did want to let you know that the hotel does have bathtubs. Half of the hotel has walk in showers and half has shower/tub combination. Next time you stay just ask for a room with a tub.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!