“Not bad, but not great by any standard.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #108 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Michigan
“Not bad, but not great by any standard.”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Management needs to develop more guidelines for housekeeping standards. Good location for our needs and price was right. Upkeep poor for rooms, but common areas were nice - breakfast area, lobby, pool. Little satisfaction from staff with requests.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
As of June 2014!! This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Martinsville
Reviewed February 25, 2009

We travel to Jacksonville every year for a golf trip. The men golf and the ladies go to Spa' s and shopping/sightseeing in St. Augustine. This year we stayed at the Quality Inn because they offered us a great rate and were centrally located for our plans. The hotel is an older one but is well tended to and the beds are very cozy. We had a fantastic week this time. They have a "Continental Breakfast" with fresh waffles and biscuits with gravy and suasage! The staff there is extremely friendly and goes out of their way to help you if they can. We will definitely go back to this hotel and would reccommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.
Tampa
Reviewed December 24, 2008

I have recently stayed in several hotels in Jacksonville on business and this has been the best by far. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The Holiday Inn across the street might be a tad nicer but for $40 a night less this is a way better value. I would definately stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — No restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
augusta
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Provided this information to checkout clerk, GM via letter and Corporate via website. Received form letters that said "thanks for your comments we will address for next guest" despite their 100% guarantee.

On April 13 my wife and I checked into your motel and were assigned room #345. We shortly thereafter had our room changed to #342 when we noticed the flush mechanism on the toilet did not work.

Room #342 had the following deficiencies: cold water in sink could not be shut off, couch torn and looked as if it had been bought at garage sale (wife would not sit on it!), saw bugs in bathroom late at night, general lighting in room was too dull for older people and that rooms toilet mechanism required holding the handle down to complete the flush. I recorded all these items plus the poor interior appearance of the elevator interior (significant ding marks and stains that looked as if it had been used as urinal) on your comment card and offered to our check out clerk. The clerk recorded some of our comments so that it might be corrected for your next guests and eluded that rather than leave the comment card that we mail it to you. Even though I mentioned that I was not 100% satisfied, per your posted policy, she made no suggestions on how she might accommodate us.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness and general appearance of room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank augustatraveler46
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2008

The desk clerk was a young girl, not friendly or very helpful. The place was old but clean. The breakfast room was too small and they ran out of everything including coffee.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
As of June 2014!! This property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future. Please come back and check us out!
Middlefield, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I am a driver for a motor coach company who drove a group here for a short stay. Upon arrival it looked like a nice place to stay. Prompt service at check-in.
After parking my motor coach & proceding to my 3rd floor room, I found an outside elevator to be dirty. Got to my room & it was just fine. A while later I went back downstairs using the other elevator & it was dirty also. I went to the lobby & spoke to a desk associate & asked for a 6:30 wake-up call the next morning. I did not get it. I told desk associate about it that morning & asked for the same the next morning. No wake-up call the next morning. I was very upset by this time & told a manager about it & requested the same for the next morning.. He said they would check my phone & take care of it. No wake-up call the 3rd day in a row. Now they're 0-3.
I was leaving the next morning & told a different manager that I could not be late & if you had to bang on my door I didn't care. Well he came up the next morning & banged on my door . Thanx.
I expected a cleaner place & a better stay from this chain of hotels.

Stayed March 2007
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Used choicehotel points to stay three nights at this hotel. When we arrived we were given room 217 and we took our luggage to the room. Upon entering the room, my wife noticed stains on the ceiling, rust spots in the bathroom and scuff marks on the walls. I went back to the front desk and requested another room. We had stopped in room 216 and checked it out before going to the front desk. I spoke with the manager who was very accomodating.

This property is located just off Interstate 95 and is convienent for most tourist things in Jacksonville. I would probably not stay here again but my three nights were uneventful.

The staff and management were all very nice. Especially Mae who gave us great ideas for dinner. We ate at Clark's fish camp and the expressway restaurant near the zoo. We also ate at a sports bar named Gators on Baymeadows too.

The pool and sauna were ok. The sauna bubbled up with foam while the jets were on and you would have to keep shoveling the bubbles away while in the water. The pool was a welcomed relief to the heat.

Overall I used choicehotel points for this property. When I checked in the clerk tried to charge me $25 for something and I declined. They do have suites and they looked very nice.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)