“HORRIBLE!!!!!”

Ranked #102 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee, Florida
“HORRIBLE!!!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My "nonsmoking" room smelled of cigarette smoke; there were cigarette burns in the bedsheets, human hairs all over the bed, and unidentifiable stains all over the lampshades; the refrigerator was running but not cool; the bathroom faucet was corroded; the TV remote didn't work; the furniture & carpet were dusty; the furniture was chipped & scratched; the whole place was in desperate need of renovation. The lamps were unplugged & I had to move the furniture, including the king-sized bed, to reach the electrical outlets. After spending 30 minutes trying to clean the room with antibacterial wipes I had thankfullly brought with me, I returned to the front desk to inform the clerk that the accomodations were unacceptable. I said, "I'm sorry but I can't sta--" at which point he interrupted me & said, "Ok, I can check you out right now!" Obviously, he was used to guests refusing to stay. He didn't apologize, didn't ask what the problem was, didn't offer a different room, nothing! When I asked if the $143 charged to my credit card would be refunded, he stated not for 3 days. I explained that I needed that credit to book a room at another hotel, to which he replied, "Well, that's unfortunate" with a smirk on his face. When I persisted, he informed me that it was my problem and I could call my bank and take care of it myself. I explained three times that it was a credit card, not a debit card, and that it was not affiliated with my bank. He told me again that it was my problem to deal with, not his. Of course, when I called the credit card company, I was told they could not do anything about the charge unless the merchant called with the merchant # & authorization #. The charge still has not been reversed. Each time I call and ask for the manager, I am told he is not available. Anyway, I ended up at the Residence Inn next door. I told the clerk at Residence Inn that I had come from the "not-so-Quality Inn" next door, and she said, "Yes, we get a lot of people coming in saying that." DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gina D
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
I apologize you had such a horrible experience at this property, however, I AM HAPPY to say we are under new ownership and the hotel is 1000 better than before. We just reopened in June 2014 after doing some wonderful renovations. I truly hope you give a chance to show you in the future that we are so much better than the previous owners!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Appears to be an older hotel, located among many others in this location. Room was decent, clean and the beds were comfortable. Some of the ice machines were out of service and appeared to be that way for quite some time. It could use some repairs but definitely not a bad place. They do have a free breakfast but I didn't have an opportunity to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room buy the stairs, the hotel layout is a bit awkward, this will help.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad to hear that your previous visit to this property was okay, however, I want to let you know that we are under new management and everything is 1000 better. We have completed renovations and look forward to meeting your lodging needs again in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Please listen I read the reviews before I took my family but thought people just was saying bad things but listen it is a terrible place to stay it sticks, hot tub didn't work, work room didn't work, mold in the room, Came back from an outing the key didn't work the battery in the door went out. The pool was dirty but I can say the housekeeper was nice. Please don't stay there.

Room Tip: Read reviews
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I apologize you had such a bad stay at this property, however, I AM HAPPY to say we are under new ownership and the hotel is 1000 better than before. We just reopened in June 2014 after doing some wonderful renovations. I truly hope you give a chance to show you in the future that we are so much better than the previous owners!!!

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I usually stay @quality inns but this one was the worst. The staff was not very helpful wifi password didn't work, non smoking room smelled of smoke/air freshener mixed on/off button on tv remote would not work lights over the beds would not work The jacuzzi was roped off with yellow caution tape running through chairs all soda vending machines were out of order. We reserved a suite well their impression of a suite is what everyone else calls a room with a chair and a desk not even a table. My son went to front desk to complain & see if it could be resolved he was told "sorry my manager is probably sleeping I will let him know tomorrow". The only good thing I can say is the sheets were clean (about the only thing that was) and the beds were comfortable. Due to the cleanliness we opted to go elsewhere for breakfast even though it was included. Avoid this hotel I have stayed at many places that cost less than half of what this one cost and 100 times better. This is the first negative review I have ever written about a hotel. Will never return ever!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sc
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the first night of our vacation and were shocked at how bad the room was. Holes in bathroom door, mold all over the bathroom, dirty dust covers on the beds, lamp shades that looked burned, dirty coffee pot, dirty fridge, filthy floors...I could go on and on. The good...the staff at the counter were excellent and the breakfast was very nice. We complained and got a full refund. Turns out the hotel was foreclosed on just a few days earlier. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances, but until someone invests in this hotel, or the bank who now owns it does repairs, it is not the place to stay at. Very unsanitary....the only way I could stay was to spray everything in the bathroom with lysol before using it. Also, as we were packing our car the cleaning crew went into our room and started stripping sheets. WE STILL HAD THINGS IN THE ROOM!!!!! We had our water bottles in the fridge and she actually took all of them out and was about to dump them when we walked into the room. We still had another hour until check out time!

I have two teen daughters and I would not allow them out of my sight because I did not like the look of many of the other guests. What so sad is that it looks like this hotel used to be very nice at one time. Aparently the owner just walked away some time back. Sad, very sad.

Room Tip: If you must stay, they are only using their "best" rooms at this time. Even their best ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

for the price and for the excellent location, this motel offers a good option. The beds were comfortable. The staff is nice. The continental breakfast + waffles/cereal etc. was adequate even if the biscuits were hard. The hot tub and pool were more than adequate. It does need some maintenance. Prepare to walk a little further for ice. But the furnishings and room size were great compared to some of the newer hotels. The location is superb. And compared to paying $120 a night at the Residence Inn next door, or paying $45 for the lower clientele/lower services at the Motel 6 down the street, it turns out to be a good value. Pay the $55/night here. You won't find better in South Jacksonville for cheaper. If cost is not a factor, go next door to the Residence Inn. And if you are a business traveler Monday through Thursday there is a happy hour with free aud'hoerves [sic] and beer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We look forward to meeting your lodging needs as the new owners of this property.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been staying here several times a year for business for quite some time now and its getting to where I will take my business elsewhere. The location is great for me but the property and clientele is looking worse everytime I come back. I hate it because the staff is so nice and they really try but the last couple of visits have been a bit scary. I have been accosted in the parking lot by a couple wanting me to pay for their room at a hotel down the street and rather unsavory guests with unleashed dogs wandering about. The rooms are OK but very very tired and worn out. Its a shame because its convienent to South Jax, very reasonable rates and in a quiet area. I think I will take my business elsewhere in the future..........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I apologize you had such a horrible experience at this property, however, I AM HAPPY to say we are under new ownership and the hotel is 1000 better than before. We just reopened in June 2014 after doing some wonderful renovations. There have been major changes since the buyout. The property is also now pet free. I truly hope you give a chance to show you in the future that we are so much better than the previous owners!!!