“Keep Driving...”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #106 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Don't stay in this Quality Inn. Drive on to the next one. I don't know what the neighboring Quality Inns are like, but they can't be worse than this one.
The sheets were clean, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. Torn, but clean. Not like the room itself, which was filthy, with debris all over the carpets. Seriously, they must have not been vacuumed in months. Cigarette butts scattered on the decrepit porch, broken doors, someone's fingernail clippings left around the uncleaned sink, a dirty microwave and coffee brewer are just a few of the shockingly filthy surprises. Don't even think of entering the pool. We would have left, but we arrived at 2 AM and did not have the strength to move on.
I don't want to waste any more time even reviewing this dump. The fact that it was relatively cheap ($70 for a king bed) was it's only redeeming quality.
Don't stay here. Keep driving...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

I apologize you had such a horrible experience at this property, however, I AM HAPPY to say we are under new ownership and the hotel is 1000 better than before. We just reopened in June 2014 after doing some wonderful renovations. I truly hope you give a chance to show you in the future that we are so much better than the previous owners!!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Like others who have posted here, I normally do not review hotels, but this experience was so horrible, I had to post this rating. During my college dog-owning years I stayed in many very low priced low-quality motels, I have traveled internationally on a very low budget, and NEVER have I stayed at such a dirty and run down hotel. Two upsides, the bedding appeared updated and cleaning and the staff were very kind. Everything else was horrible - there were literally holes in the wall, sink, and ceiling. There was a plastic mat on the tub floor that looked to have not been removed for years, but an edge of it was pulling up and nasty stuff would come floating out during your shower. The ceilings and walls in the bathroom were growing stuff. The continental breakfast was horrible, cold coffee and tea, very old and stale biscuits, etc. Really truly cannot say enough negative about the upkeep at this hotel. The rumor is they are getting ready to sell, and not to another hotel, but to get torn down. If that rumor is true, explains a bit why they have apparently given up on upkeep. They really should just shut down the hotel, as it will turn people away from Quality Inns all together.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I think this is the first review I have ever posted but after staying at this hotel I had to make a few comments. I am normally not a picky person but this experience needs to be documented. First when you arrive the place looks pretty good. Nice looking lobby and reception area plus the personnel are friendly. This is where it stops. It is when you go out the back door to the rooms do you realize this isn't good. The pool has weeds growing up through the sidewalk, the patio furniture needs to go to the dump and there is trash scattered about. The room was dirty, walls needed painting and you just didn't feel safe at this hotel. The sidewalk had been painted.....about 20 years ago and the color had been worn off. I should have checked the reviews before staying at this place. This hotel should be a candidate for one of the worst in the country. My advice, go to a different hotel if you need to stay in Jacksonville, FL.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel's architecture harks back to well-heeled resort days, but it looks like they've only been going through the motions for quite some time.

The greeting was friendly enough, but everything looks downtrodden and dusty. Found two of four lamps didn't work, one bulb burnt out, another missing. Informed desk which sent someone with ONE (used but working) bulb.

Internet access was slow and 'low' and kept dropping off - had to sign back on almost every access, sometimes after less than two minutes! Max aggro!

On the other hand, bed was comfy and the breakfast choice adequate for 'deluxe,' which you must realize (for most hotels, not just here) means 'limited.'

For the price, will do for a night's rest between long drives. Don't plan on basing a vacation here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

WE CARE!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Made reservation on line at Choice Hotels, I was visiting Jacksonville on business and I was looking for a place centrally located as I was working north east and south west. This hotel was conveniently located midway. The price was average for the Quality Inns that I usually stay at. The hotel website looked good so I made the reservation. I arrived in Jacksonville about 6 pm and proceeded to check in. The front desk clerk was friendly and cooperative. There was another person standing behind the counter as well and he spoke up and said that it was a good thing I had a reservation as there were only 2 rooms left. He continued on to say that most of the rooms at this hotel were not available to rent due to needed repairs. I checked in and immediately went to check out this room before taking in my luggage. What I found was so disturbing that I immediately went back to the front desk to ask for another room. Upon entering the room there were 2 large ( about 6 inch diameter) stains on the carpet, most of the light fixtures were missing bulbs and the room just appeared dingy and dirty.I went back to the lobby and The front desk clerk asked me if I would consider looking at a different room before I canceled my reservation and looked elsewhere. I said that I would consider taking a look at another room. He gave me a key to a 2 room suite on the third floor. I exited the lobby area and proceeded toward the elevator to check out this third floor suite. On the way to the elevator I passed the ice machine which was not operational and the front panel was falling off, I boarded the elevator to find that it also was in similar condition, the door panel for the emergency phone was broken off and hanging, the floor indicator lights did not function and the interior panels were in disarray. I reached the third floor and entered the 2 room suite. At first glance it appeared tolerable but upon further investigation I found light fixtures missing bulbs, the chair at the desk had a pillow on the seat, I sat down only to almost fall through the bottom of the chair, I removed the pillow to see the seat of this wicker chair was worn through and covered by the pillow. I proceeded to check out the bathroom and found a cockroach running around in the tub. That did it for me! I exited that room, boarded that unsafe elevator only because I could not find a stairway and returned to the front desk clerk. I handed him back the key to the room and said that I would look elsewhere.
I am a business traveler, my requirements for a hotel room are minimal : cleanliness first, comfortable bed and a working area with with a good WiFi connection. This hotel failed all three of my requirements. Their website was deceiving and the accommodations were truly unacceptable. This hotel should not be listed on the Choice Hotels website!

Room Tip: Always check out the room before you carry in your luggage, it can save you time and effort. Don'...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the hotel on the internet.When you first see this hotel on the internet it looks quite nice.But the sad thing is it has been run down.Apparently we were told that it is going into bankruptcy.So I'm guessing there is no money going into repairs. To bad,with proper maintenance it could still have been very nice. It is in a very good location.There is a Dennys in walking distance and it was near I-95.The staff who were there were very helpful when we found that the door of our room was found to have been jimmied and quickly gave us another room.I personally would not use this hotel in the future and would not recommend to anyone else.I did noticed that there were construction workers that were at this hotel,maybe this place would be good enough for workers working in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Should have read the reviews. Booked on-line through Choice Hotels. I've always been satisfied with their properties. Not this one. The room seemed clean, sort of, beat up, scarred, but barely passable. Exterior spaces were filthy as well as beat up. Fixing the terribly run-down nature may be expensive but how hard could it be sweep, vacuum, mop, and generally tidy up? Apparently beyond the managers.

Lots of other choices in the area - pick one of them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo