“Terrible, and we had to move”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We came to Jacksonville to go to Mayo Clinic. We had planned to stay at Day's Inn near the beach but on the way we say an ad for this place and decided to stay here. At first we were happy with the room and the hotel but over time we noticed quiet a few things that we didn't like. The hotel was trying to cut corners everywhere. For example, the pool had alge growing in it and definitly did not have enough if any chorline in it. Also the hottub/spa did not work the water was not a good temperature and the jets didn't work. This hotel advertises a hot breakfast but the breakfast is horrible and the only hot food is the waffles. The bagels and other breaded items were stale. In the rooms the TV almost fell off several times and the microwave would not operate. In our fridge there was not a frezzer where it should have been. It was a good thing that we had brought a hair dryer because the one in the room suddently stopped working. Another thing was one of us cut there hand on the tub fauct because it was broken. The hotel adverties cocktails and beer but they don't have any, just beers The staff at the hotel were not that friendly.

Room Tip: check the room throughly
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wes12860
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

As of June 2014!! This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Bathroom was disgusting, all furniture needs replaced. Staff not particularly helpful. Have stayed at Quality Inns before but this one was very disappointing. Do yourself a favour and add a few more bucks and stay someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mamandragon

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I checked in at 11:30 PM at which time I had my wallet paid with my credit card and took my credit card out of my wallet paid and put my credit card inside my wallet and in my bag went upstairs entered the room and never left until l left to eat breakfast at which time i left my purse in the room as well as all my belongings and my husbands belongings and wallet, WHEN WE WENT BACK TO OUR ROOM TO GATHER OUR BELONGINGS I DID FIND IT ODD THAT THE CARD(KEY ) THAT IS USED TO GAIN ACESS TO THE ROOM DIDN'T NOT WANT TO OPEN THE DOOR WE HAD TO SLIDE a few times in order to gain access. I left the hotel and went to pump gas at the gas station across the street at which time i realised that my wallet was gone i crossed the street again and went in to the room my wallet was gone went to the reception area and the wallet was not there and which time i though i might have droped it in the elevator and someone must have picked it up. I left the hotel and reported all my cards lost we arrive at theour final destination and were ready to purchase somegrociries with my husbands credit card and his wallet was there one of his credit cards were gone a long with $500.00 n cash then i checked my bags and my I-pad and I-touch were also gone I was a regular customer and also used this hotel all the time all over the United States I would nevcer use any of these hotels again AND EITHER SHOULD ANY ONE ELSE.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank at11373

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Not worth the money. Just barely a two star stay for a full three star price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HouseMother

Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is our 2 nd stay. Rooms are clean, price was very good in comparison to other hotels. Not the ritz but good for the budget. Quite environment that seemed safe. Nice pool and hot tub. Breakfast was nice as well. Will stay here again as we follow up with the neumours children clinic over the next 2 years.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
LexingtonManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

i have stayed here before and couldnt wait to stay again,,, the rooms are a good size,, the beds are so comfy,,, the staff is great, so helpful,, a great pool and hot tub,,, and a great patio,, no problems with this place and its right off 95,, lots of places to eat nearby,,
the hotel has a nice breakfast in the morning and there is coffee 24/7 and you can make coffee in your room if you wish,,, its clean clean clean,, thats so important when you travel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

Reviewed May 3, 2010

The hotel and staff are very accomadating. The rooms are clean. The pool and grounds are kept clean. They go out of their way to make your stay a pleaant one, They serve a free breakfast in the mornings from biscuits and gravy to bagels, danish, eggs, juices, toast, cereals, etc. I come here every year and have never been disappointed with the service. If there is anything you want all you have to do is ask

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends