“Yummmm!”

Ranked #135 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had to go for a walk before getting in the car. Eggs Benedict were to die for and the French Toast was simply decadent.

There are newer reviews for Secret Garden Cafe

Reviewed November 13, 2012

First of all, our server Katie was very very good! I would order the French Toast again...3 large pieces of French Toast...very soft and tasty! The hot mess was good, but not as good as the French Toast.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Secret Garden Cafe is hands down the best restaurant for casual dining in Jacksonville. We only wish they were open for dinner! We visited recently for the second time. We had the fried green tomato sandwich the first time and planned to order it again this visit (it was that good!), but decided to try the black bean burger instead. The burgers are made fresh by the owner, nothing frozen or prepackaged here. They were delicious! Ample in size. The peach cobbler was outstanding. Service is friendly, the place is clean and bright, very pleasant, has the feel of a neighborhood restaurant where the owners greet everyone as if they know you.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We tried Secret Garden Cafe for the first time. I do not know now why we waited so long. This place is bright and airy and not noisy. Our server, Chrystal, was very pleasant and helpful. My wife had the turkey, apple and cheese sandwich and it was delicious. I had the philly cheese steak on a roll and it was also very good and just the right amount of beef. My wife loved the sweet potato chips and I had the potato salad. Looking forward to another lunch at the Secret Garden Cafe.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch last Sunday after Mass. Great food and service. The waitress suggested the monte cristo. It was excellent . I can't ever remember having an open faced sandwich like that. When you go you've got to try the pumpkin creme? cake. My wife was just going to eat some of mine. But after she tasted it, I could barely get my fork in there. She loves that desert.
Rough crowd on trip advisor. The negative reviews. Wow. First, the restaurant is not the cheapest place in town. There are plenty of those places out there. Its average to slight above average priced. When I go out to lunch or dinner, I want quality food, decent service, a clean restaurant. I don't mind paying a tiny bit more for that. No restaurant is perfect all the time. I think some of these reviewers are missing out if they don't give them another chance. I'm just saying...

We eat out about 3 times a week. This is our second visit here and it's a favorite place to go now.