I was convinced to stay at this hotel because the price was reasonable and the reviews made it sound like a nice place to stay. I also thought the wyndham name had a good reputation. I was severely disappointed on many fronts and am shocked Wyndham considers this a value to its portfolio.
The hotel had a recent modernization by adding granite counter top and new brown paint. They also have LCD televisions. This does not make it a value.
For those wanting the details that matter to your stay - skip to #3 below.
In summary: wear socks to walk on the floor, bring a sleeping bag so you don't have to sleep in the dirty sheets, wear flip-flops in the shower, use a toilet seat protector before sitting down.
Here are my disappointments:
1)The hotel advertises a 24hr shuttle. I called to confirm it would be available for the late time of my arrival. I called when I arrived and waited at the designated area. I waited for quite awhile and noted that no other passengers were at the terminal and I was the last passenger waiting for transport. This was disappointing as the hotel was immediately outside the airport property. I called and the man on the phone sounded shocked they handed come yet and assured me he would call and they would arrive soon. I waited .... and waited. Finally, an unrelated transport van stopped and said he felt bad because he had driven by several times and seen me waiting. He offered to give me a ride to the hotel even though it was not his job.
2) When I arrived at the hotel I anticipated an apologetic reception, but didn't even get acknowledge by the man at the front counter that I was standing in front of and staring at. He was too busy talking to his buddy about meeting him outside. The counter man didn't look up didn't look over but continued his conversation for a couple of minutes with his buddy. It wasn't until his friend left that he finally asked what I wanted. At this point I was really tired and had only about six hours left to get sleep before I needed to go back to the airport.
3) The hallway reeked of smoke beyond explanation. Luckily my room somehow didn't absorb the smell. I arrive at the room ready to sleep for a few hours. On first impression, the room appeared clean. However, the dark brown room and poor lighting was hiding a disgusting and unsavory room. First, there were long pubic hairs on top of the bed (yes, I have pictures of all of the items I will mention here). This made me concerned and got me looking to see if the room was clean. Next I notice the floor has a wad of used toilet paper on the floor, several large pieces of lint that vacuuming would have captured, red stains on my sheets, hair in the sink, mildew in the tub, mildew in the sink, heavy hard water stains on the bathroom fixtures, and dirty toilet. Each of these items are of the type that cleaning with bleach and a scrubber on a regular basis would easily have removed the filth. My impression is that the bathroom was cleaned with a heavily damp cloth that lacked any sort of cleaner or disinfectant. IT was obvious the toilet was not cleaned with a brush for quite awhile.
4) I was unable to get a quality nights sleep because I was worried about what else was on the sheets that I couldn't see. I slept in my clothes to avoid contact with the bed. Even a bargain hotel/motel should be cleaned with cleaner.
5) Upon waking up I put on my flip-flops to shower in the disgusting shower and found no shampoo or soap.
6) The walls were very thin and I could here casual conversation of the rooms surrounding me.
I was very disappointed. I feel that any guest should be able to know that the room they are sleeping in is sanitary and clean and not just have a tidy look to hide the lack of cleaning. Failure to provide this for a guest ruins the nights sleep and makes any price paid for a room too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jacksonville Airport's newest hotel! Our beautiful interior corridor hotel offers stylish designer accommodations at a great price. Choose from single, double, and suite guest rooms all with Queen "Dream Well" bedding, 32" Flat Panel TV, Coffee Makers, Hairdryer, and Iron/Board. Free Wired and Wireless Internet access, Free Long Distance calling in the continental US, Free Continental Breakfast, Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, and Guest Laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Jacksonville (Airport)
- Microtel Inn & Suites Jacksonville (Airport) Hotel Jacksonville
- Microtel Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Jacksonville