“Golf At Amelia Island”

Ranked #24 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ocala
“Golf At Amelia Island”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked nine rooms for a golf outing prior to relocating to Amelia Island. Went over a day early to preview the hotel and rooms. What a bargain so close to the airport, Amelia Island and Jacksonville. Have stayed in rooms triple the ;price that were not clean and comfortable. Staff was exceptional at check-in and out!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank R.l. M
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We only wish we could have been on the course too! During your next visit, enjoy an evening grill-side after your round. The commercial grill goes in this week! Thank you again for choosing us among the myriad options available near the airport! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here overnite before a cruise and it was very clean and spacious. We arrived at 11:30 at night to JAX and shuttle was there within minutes to take us to the hotel. Quick check in.
They had a small breakfast area with a continental breakfast
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We used reward points and got a great room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest, every time, and find it so rewarding to hear when our efforts are met with success! Our focus is on providing the highest level of service, and we look to your voice to determine the direction by which we achieve that goal. Thank you again for taking the time to write! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
NJ
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upon my tired arrival, I was advised that check in wasn't until 3 PM. I informed the Desk Clerk that I would walk down to the local Walmart, which according to reviews was only a mile away. Well my one mile walk turned out to be a 2.07 mile walk. (Yes, I measured it on the way back.) I returned to the hotel hot and sweaty. The Desk Clerk failed to inform me that there was actually a shuttle that could've taken me there. Seriously?? Anyway, I was assigned to room 117. This room was practically in the breakfast area only footsteps from the lobby. I was told that I could move my room to a better, more quieter room later in the evening. I returned that evening, only to be told by another Desk Clerk that she had spoken to the manager and he didn't know why I wasn't given another room at that time of check in because rooms were indeed available. She stated that unfortunately, my room could not be changed at this time because Housekeeping had left for the day and there was no one to clean room 117. Huh???? So I suffered through room 117 with all the lobby noise and chatty people having breakfast in the morning.

After checking out of the hotel and arriving home, I realized that I had left one dress in the closet. I called the hotel the same evening and asked if anyone had turned in a dress left in my room. The Desk Clerk replied with a simple "I don't know." We sat in silence before I said, "....Well, could you check?" She took down my telephone number and stated that she would call me back. Twenty-four hours later and no call back, my friend who lives in the area, returned to the hotel and was able to retrieve my dress.

The hotel is very nice, especially for the price, however, customer service lacks severely.

Room Tip: Don't be suckered into accepting room 117. Not even for a "few hours".
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dreamstar777
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write! Your voice serves as the direction by which we strive to improve! It is our goal to provide outstanding service at all points of contact, and I am appalled at the insensitive nature you describe in your report. We have taken corrective action with the individuals you mentioned, and offer assurances that as a result the scenario you describe will not happen again. Once again I apologize, and I hope that you will offer us another opportunity in the future to serve you. Thank you again for your response. Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport