“I cannot get the value system above to represent my...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 29, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Les F
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've always wondered what was up with the name "Microtel" and now I know. The rooms are micro sized. It was a tight fit, but the large window seat gave the room some depth. There are only two drawers to store things if you are staying for awhile, a 32" HDTV with a decent set of cable channels. Clean bathrooms, linens. The carpet could stand to be cleaned more frequently. I also liked that the overhead light was very bright for reading, but not so bright that it kept me up when I fell asleep across the bed.

The toilet handle in the bathroom was too jiggly, but it worked every time. I took the advice of another reviewer and requested a first floor room to avoid cigarette smoke, but one night (out of four) someone still smoked in their room. The fitness studio is just a room with the three pieces of equipment you see in the site photos. Free Internet and printer in the lobby.

To get to this hotel from the airport, take the first exit to the service road or you will have to go all the way to the light and come back along the service road, maybe a mile. This hotel sits off by itself and is not along the strip with all the other hotels. The property looks will maintained.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jackieb133

Thank you for your response! We so highly value the feedback of our guests, as it serves to sharpen our focus in our efforts to improve our product! We work dilligently to provide to our guests an experience that exceeds their expectations, and it pleases me greatly to announce that the Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport is now a smoke-free hotel! In direct response to the voice of our guests we are working to convert those once smoking suites to non-smoking, using a variety of cutting-edge methods to eliminate any residual atmospheric remnants of their former status. Thank you again for taking the time to write! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theresa C

Reviewed March 23, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristin M
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a GREAT place to stay! I had work at UF-Shands and needed an affordable place to stay for a few days in Jacksonville. This hotel is really nice. It is about 10 miles from the hospital, very easy to get to, and is SUPER clean! The room is smaller; but that really wasn't a big deal at all. You get free WiFi (with perfect fast performance in my room), free breakfast, and a VERY clean and modern room all at a VERY affordable rate. I paid $49/night. I REALLY recommend this hotel and would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Christopher B

Thank you for your response! We value our guests opinions as the barometer by which we measure our success, and encourage their feedback so that we might identify areas wherein we can yet improve. During your next visit, I would like to invite you to enjoy a complimentary upgrade to our junior suite! It features twice the effective living space, partially divided living and sleeping quarters, and other additional amenities that are not standard in the room you last stayed in. Thank you again for taking the time to respond! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in mid-March of 2013. I booked it because the prices were cheap and the place had great reviews. The hotel or motel (whatever it is) is surprisingly nice, especially in relation to the price. For $50 a night, I would expect a roach infested hovel. But the pics online looked nice and I have the place a shot. I figured if it was a hellhole, we'd just go somewhere else.
First off, they upgraded us to a suite when we arrived, which is great because the suite is twice the size of a regular room and has a sofa, mini-fridge, bar area with barstools and a microwave. I don't think the regular rooms have any of those things. The place is pretty modern, very clean and the staff responded to any requests fairly promptly. The bathroom and bar sink have granite countertops, the wifi was reliable and overall, the place was just great.
The only negative thing I have to say about the Microtel is that the walls are SUPER thin. I could literally hear entire conversations of the people in the next room. I don't know if they were talking louder than normal or what, but I think the walls just don't do much for sound reduction. It wasn't too bad because I only heard them for a few minutes here and there. I wasn't in the room much and I don't think they were either.
Aside from that, I am very happy that I decided to stay at this hotel. When you factor in the price, it's definitely a great deal and I recommend it to anyone staying in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed: March 2013

WOW! Thank you so much for the kind words! We strive every day to meet the highest standards of cleanliness and service thoroughout our property, and find it so rewarding to see our efforts recognized by our guests! Thank you again for taking the time to write! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Jacksonville! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had to make an unscheduled stop in Jacksonville and we chose the Microtel which is very close to the airport for a one night stay. The free shuttle arrived quickly to pick us up at the airport, Jamie at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure we were welcome and happy with the room. He arranged for free shuttle ride to a lical restaurant and back. Nice rooms and continental breakfast. Very happy with our stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback! We hear from so many of our guests about great experiences, but it is a bonus when one of our team members actions warrants a personal commendation by those guests! Jamie embodies caring in a service role, and does an incredible job conveying our desire to see our visitors expectations exceeded every time. Thank you again for taking the time to write and making mention of one of our own! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport.