“Best $60 per night motel I've been to!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #26 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed here on our way north on I-95. Midnight check-in, I called from the road to see if they would match the rate that I'd found online on Kayak. They did, and Jamie the overnight front desk was very friendly and helpful. I've never stayed at this chain before, and my husband was reluctant to stay as he prefers Hilton hotels. But since we were literally just sleeping there, he agreed. The room reminded me of European rooms, modern but functional. Nice linens, comfy queen beds, flat screen TV (with sleep timer...a must!), granite vanity, decent water pressure, etc. Continental breakfast was decent: pre-packaged muffins, cereal, bagels, oatmeals, yogurt, juice & coffee. Not great, but fine for the kids. Again, for the price, can't beat it! We didn't use the pool, but from my window above it looked nice for the kids.

• Stayed: September 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were not at all pleased with this hotel. We knew it was a 2 star hotel, so were not expecting lots of amenities. However, it took them 3 rooms to find one that was clean enough that we would stay in. First room was not made up at all, beds still unmade, etc., second room had DEFINITELY been used, third room was on the first floor, and just 2 rooms away from the lobby. The night clerk had the TV in the lobby on LOUD all night long, plus the lobby phone rang all night long. Who calls at those hours? Room was comfortable, just noisy, linens dingy and worn. Continental breakfast very limited. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms comfortable in size, had refrigerator. Linens very dingy and worn, 1st floor room very noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is actual our second stay at this hotel. We stay overnight and parked our vehicle here for a week for a trip we took in May. The first time we stayed we found it to be very nice with no problems. Maybe it was because we were not there very long, we checked in late then got up and left for a flight first thing in the morning. We had no problems with the shuttle to the airport or back, price is great and you can leave your vehicle for 5 days with no charge and only $5 a day there after.
This stay was not as good. The first thing is the rooms are small, probaly the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I guess I didn't realize before, but this time we stayed for two nights. They were very clean and the decor was nice. Their internet service is not the best, the speed could be better. We tried both the wireless and plugging in didn't seem to help it. They do however have a computer and a printer that you can use in the lobby if you want to print you boarding pass.
I didn't bring shampoo or conditioner thinking they would have it, but it was not in the room. My husband was able to get some after going to the desk of course they only gave him one bottle. I quess the biggest problem we had was the so called breakfast they had. Now I didn't expect a full blown breakfast with cooked to order eggs, but for both days the only think they had was some cereal and drinks. What was so funny was when my husband went down to get us something he said they had a toaster, butter, peanut butter, cream cheese and jellies out, like they did have bread and bagels. He thought mayber we were just too late. After bringing me coffee and a pack of cereal he went back down and asked to see if maybe they just hadn't had time to replenish. His answer that he got was that they ran out of bagels the day before. Like there aren't any stores to buy more?
Beside those things I found the staff was just ok, the housekeepers that I seen in the halls seem to be nicer then the desk clerks. With all the litlle things I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aliceFlorida
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed over before a flight. Sean at the front desk was pleasant and proficient. We felt very welcomed by him. We checked in at a busy time. He was efficient, concise, and detail oriented. The room was quaint, cozy and the bed was plush. The property was new and clean. The breakfast was good. Microtel maybe a budget persons hotel, but the customer service was top notch!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel lobby was pleasant, and that is about where it all ended.
The room was tired, the mattress flat and hard, with linens and towels thin and scratchy.
Spent the night in Jacksonville to be fresh for the next morning's meeting, but this hotel was a poor choice. The breakfast was a nice feature, but did not make up for the poor room and quality.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Love2cook
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We fly from JAX frequently and pass the Microtel many times. This trip we, along with another couple, decided to book rooms there. We were influenced by Tripadvisor reviews. I first called about to ask if they had a park and ride rate and was told yes. I was told the parking cost is $5 for the first 12 days then $5 per day thereafter.

We had an early morning flight so I called a second time to inquite about the availability of the airport shuttle in the early morning hours. I got a satisfactory answer to this question and I asked the parking rate question again and again I was quoted $5 for the first 12 days and $5 per day thereafter.

I booked our room and our friends later booked their room and again asked about the parking rate since they were driving. This time it was a totally different story, a straight $5 a day and no free days parking. They told the desk guy about my two conversations and he said they never took place.

So the rooms may be nice, the location good but there is a lack of integrity and honesty when it comes to flying and leaving your car. To me this is unforgivable and makes me wonder what other surprises they may have.

So we still stayed there in spite of being lied to and hosed on the parking rate. We could have done better but at a lesser accomodation. I'm betting it is better to be hosed on parking than get a parking deal with bedbugs at another motel.

The next time I'll put my car in the hands of the airport authority, at least their rates are consistent.

Gator

Room Tip: Get your parking in writing before you book
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was a very clean place to stay and Sean at the front desk was very proffesional and good at what he does. The house keeping staff was right on top of there job would like to say a special thanks to Tee of the housekeeping staff great job. The next time I come to Jacksonville I know were I will stay. THANKS AGAIN

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family