“Better than you think.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Better than you think.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stay at this hotel often for business with my company. I get a corporate rate which makes it even better; but it is still worth more than I pay. Always very friendly staff, rooms are very modern with very comfortable bed. Nice bathroom, well appointed. Free Internet!!! This is a great deal. Free parking and right next to 9A and Baymeadows. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TallWPB
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments. We realize you have many choices of where to stay for lodging and we sincerely appreciate your business. I will let the staff know how much you appreciate the job they do and that they are recognized by guests like you for their efforts. We hope to have you as one of our guest again soon. Thanks…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

This HI is brand new and very convenient. All my requests for upper floor and view have been considered. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Once the TV didn´t work, they fixed it in minutes. Breakfast buffet is great, tastes good and friendly staff as well. Clean and nice pool/jacuzzi area. Great new rooms with large bathroom. That´s how a good hotel looks like.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank medallion-chief
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
So glad to know you had a good time. I sure hope you will have a chance to stop by again. I noticed you are from Germany so the chances are slim, but if you do please let me know and I would love to welcome you back. Enjoy your tavels... and thanks for the nice comments.
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

We had occasion to stay at the Holiday Inn on Nurseryfields Drive in Jacksonville FL when we experienced car trouble. Our car was being repaired at the Jeep/Chrysler dealer next to the hotel, and we were able to get a room on short notice. The manager, restaurant staff and desk personnel were very accommodating. The room was immaculate, and the food was very good. Staff was helpful in providing us with chargers for cell phones and other requests. We were also allowed to stay past checkout time until the car repairs were completed. A great place!

William/Virginia Melin
Easton, PA

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. I am glad to hear you had such a great stay. I will share your comments with our staff.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

As we got to this hotel, I noticed I had a slow down on one of my tire. As we checked in, I asked the lady at the front desk if I could get it repaired in the same evening. It was 7PM, and she told me that almost all of the mechanic shops were closed at that time (I managed to find one myself, though), but she offered to help me out by trying to find some open on the Internet (She did not find any, but printed me a listing of garages in the area). Thanks a lot to that nice lady for her help.

We paid $104, which I think is not expensive for a Holiday Inn, especially a Holiday Inn rated #1 in Jacksonville! It is very clean, quiet, and nice. There is a bar/restaurant near the reception, and the hotel is nicely decorated.

The room was big enough. We had a King bed, which was very comfortable, and we also had a desk for our laptop, a flat 32" TV, a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker (in the bathroom), and a good quality carpet on the floor! A/C was started when we got inside our room, which is always appreciated.

Wi-Fi was working fine, and they also provided newspapers in the morning.

The cons, though, were that there was only a shower (We prefer to take baths rather than showers), and the fitness center doesn't have lifting weights, only running machines... Furthermore, there was no breakfast included at all...

But despite these minor inconvenients, we had a great night of sleep and we recommend this affordable hotel.

The man at the reception didn't seem as nice as the lady the evening before, though, when we checked out. He barely looked at us, and seemed to don't care at all about us...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Glad to know you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear about the tire troubles but I trust you had that all taken care of. Hope to have you back to our hotel soon. I will share you comments with our staff.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

It's been a long while since we've stayed at a Holiday Inn because we felt the chain had deteriorated. However, on a recent trip to Jax to visit family, this newer hotel was just a couple of blocks away & the reviews were great. It's now our choice of lodging for all future trips to Jax, I'm happy to say. Lovely lobby, the rooms were tastefully decorated & very clean, quiet & very comfortable beds. Nice breakfast area with small buffet, but you can also from a menu if you desire, though I wasn't aware of that until our last day there. Ample parking, outdoor pool. Bar area in lobby to relax in after a long drive. Free wifi. Highly recommend this hotel, and we are very picky! Usually stay at more expensive hotels, but this was a gem for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLK14
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My stay at the Holiday Inn in May of this year was amazing! The hotel is relatively new, probably a little over a year old. All the amenities were top notch and the staff was excellent. I loved the hotel rooms and the fact that everything is environmentally friendly. I hosted a bridal shower for my sister in one of their event rooms and all the guest truly enjoyed the food and the service. I can't say enough how great each of the staff members. From the moment I started working with them they all were exceptionally people to work with. The next time I am in the area I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dcottingham_2000
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. You can not beat the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family