“Loved this Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved this Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

It's been a long while since we've stayed at a Holiday Inn because we felt the chain had deteriorated. However, on a recent trip to Jax to visit family, this newer hotel was just a couple of blocks away & the reviews were great. It's now our choice of lodging for all future trips to Jax, I'm happy to say. Lovely lobby, the rooms were tastefully decorated & very clean, quiet & very comfortable beds. Nice breakfast area with small buffet, but you can also from a menu if you desire, though I wasn't aware of that until our last day there. Ample parking, outdoor pool. Bar area in lobby to relax in after a long drive. Free wifi. Highly recommend this hotel, and we are very picky! Usually stay at more expensive hotels, but this was a gem for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLK14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My stay at the Holiday Inn in May of this year was amazing! The hotel is relatively new, probably a little over a year old. All the amenities were top notch and the staff was excellent. I loved the hotel rooms and the fact that everything is environmentally friendly. I hosted a bridal shower for my sister in one of their event rooms and all the guest truly enjoyed the food and the service. I can't say enough how great each of the staff members. From the moment I started working with them they all were exceptionally people to work with. The next time I am in the area I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dcottingham_2000
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. You can not beat the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We first stayed here while we visited UNF in October and were so pleased with our stay (and celebrating the fact that our son was accepted to UNF!) that we stayed an additional night. Just returned from a two night stay while our son attended his orientation and again, everything was perfect. We are looking forward to spending at least the next four years here!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

Hotel was very clean, and relaxing. Very quiet placement of Hotel, away from busy road so sitting outside near the pool was relaxing as well. Enjoyed our stay very much and will possibly stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

This was our first stay at this newer property. From the beginning my expectations were met. The hotel is well located to the Jax area, more towards the east side, near UNF. For our trip the location proved excellent. We even took a day trip to Savannah. The hotel itself is one the newer updated Holiday Inn properties. We had a minor problem which was addressed immediately. When we woke up after our first night we found the floor to be very wet near the bathroom. We were unable to figure out where it had started. I went down and notified the front desk at 5:30 am. Even at this hour there was no problem getting this resolved. I was immediately offered a room change just down the hall or if I wanted maint. could come check it out within an hour or two. I opted for the room change. We moved rooms (4 doors down) and were happy to see a shower stall minus the tub. Bonus! I prefer not to take a shower standing in a small tub. The hotel has ample parking on the front and back. We had a room facing the highway (9-A), yet the room was perfectly quiet. They have a few breakfast options to choose from; Cont., Menu and Buffet. We chose the buffet for $8.95. They have the usual cont. selections of cereal/fruit/muffins/bagels. They also have a waffle maker and several hot items; bacon/eggs/potatoes/biscuits/gravy. All in all this was a perfect hotel for this category. I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to stay near UNF or even Jacksonville U. All of the staff were friendly and polite. This hotel will be one that I will choose again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

We traveled Harrisburg, PA to Jacksonville, FL to attend my wife’s college graduation. When we checked in and were not treated as well as I would have liked after a long journey. The following morning, we were greeted by Tammy Donovan (on-duty clerk) and she immediately turned our stay around. She treated my family like it was her own. Each time we saw her she would take the time to speak with my wife and young daughters to see how they were doing. She spoke to my wife about her school and congratulated her on her successful degree completion. As we left she thanked us for staying and wished us a safe journey back to PA. Her actions along made our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family