“I'd choose again.”

Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows
Ranked #36 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would go again. Very convenient to UNF and Town Center. Not a resort property but extremely convenient if headed to UNF. Staff was very professional and nice.

• Stayed: July 2012
HI_9A_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thanks for the great review. We are just a few miles south of the UNF campus. We have many guest who stay with us while visiting the school to visit a family member or to attend a special class for a few days. The Towncenter shopping area is a big draw and seems to be a destination to itself. Glad to know you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've stayed here twice now to visit relatives in the area. Pros: The hotel is in a nice, newer area, and it's very modern, clean, nicely designed, and comfortable. Employees are very friendly and responsive. It's a great value. The pool is well-maintained. It's right next to I-295 and Butler Blvd so you can get anywhere in the Jacksonville area quickly. Cons: there's basically nothing within walking distance (doesn't matter to me). On some occasions, it could be a bit of a wait to find an employee (bar, checkout, etc). I would still highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I'm happy to read you were happy with your stay. There are more than 15 restaurants within a one mile drive of the Hotel. Sticky Fingers, Outback Steakhouse, Carrabbas, Sneakers Bar & Grill, are just a few of those close by. None of them as you said are within walking distance unless you really like to walk. We are starting to see some new developement activity in our area. We are hoping the restaurants will soon see the potential and move in the neighborhood. Until then, remember we do have our own "Kem's" Restaurant on property open for breakfast and for dinner. We also do room service too.

Look forward to your return,

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were delighted and surprised when we arrived ...deskclerk was very friendly and the rooms very clean an spacious.Breakfast was a excellent and would highly recommend it. The location was perfect all you need is close by.I would stay here again when we visit again and would highly ewcommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Glad to read your of your pleasant surprise. We get many compliments from guest about our breakfast buffet and it is a great value at $8.95 per person. Our breakfast menu and our dinner menu are both good values and they are also available for room service. Thank you for the recommendation of our hotel to others.

Norman LeBert - GM

Reviewed June 9, 2012

well I wrote an email to Holiday Inn once with no response, so I'll try this site! After calling last week and talking to a clerk about our issue, no help!! As an employee my husband and I stayed at your hotel 3 nights the weekend of May 11th - 14th. we were only reserved for 2 nights and asked to be extended 1 night. We received our bill under our door Monday morning with the amount of $98.31, I signed it and we were on our way. After a couple of days I check our credit card online and there is another charge for $100 + . When I called to talk to someone they said I didn't have 3 nights reserved so I had to pay full charge!!! Really, never heard of this!! I really would appreciate some compensation !!1

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gcjclark

I apologize for any confusion about this and I trust all has been resolved. Hope to see you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here one night b/c I live on the other side of the city and had a late event. I have lived in jacksonville all my life and literally 5 minutes away from this hotel - before it was there---but it took me 15 mins to find the entrance road to the hotel. The desk staff stated the city would not allow for signage to be placed. however, something needs to be done to guide desk to the hotel. Once there - however it is a very clean hotel. The desk clerk met me with a smile. parking was ample and wi fi was available- the beds were very comfortable- and the rooms were nice. The price was also unbeatable- (got on priceline) Have no other complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

We do hear comments from guests such as yours about the difficulty in finding the intersection to turn. Unfortunately as you were told the city will not allow off site signage for business to help guide guest to the hotel. It is our hope that one day soon another road will be opened making it easier to get to.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Holiday Inns are not usually my hotel of choice, but for the price and the fact that I could not find a room in the area at my favorite chain, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel seems relatively new and is in an area of new apartments and condos. So promptly at 8 am, I heard the sounds of construction going on nearby. Which is fine, I was already up and getting ready for my day. Unlike Fairfields or other brands, breakast is not included in the price but they do have a restaurant and a bar. I didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked very nice.

I did find it odd when I checked in that the front staff didn't really give me any information about my stay or the hotel (i.e.,"the elevator is to your left", or "the fitness room is down this hall" or "this is the password for internet access"....things like that). She did welcome me with a smile and asked me how my day was going but that was about the extent of our interaction.

The bathroom was clean, with plenty of counter space for all my stuff. It had only a shower (no tub) and there was some rust on the outside edge of the shower pan which looked cracked. Towels were plentiful and of nice quality.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows had large hang tags that indicated soft or firm which I thought was kind of funny because they felt the same to me! In any event, I got a great night's sleep while I was there.

Overall, I would recommend this Holiday Inn but I believe other brands have better value for the dollar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Jim T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your recent review. Feed back such as this allows us to focus on ares that need some help as we strive to get better every day.
Delighted to learn you would recommend us to others even though you are not a frequent Holiday Inn user. Being a Full Service Holiday Inn, you are right in that breakfast is not included in the room rate. We do, however have a breakfast add on available if a guest so chooses.
More than half of our 98 rooms have tubs and showers. The Front Desk person should have asked - and should have provided the other information you referred to. We are addressing that issue and, again appreciate your input.
We hope you will visit again, the next time you are in the Jacksonville, FL area and we look forward to being of service. Have a wonderful summer.
Kindest reagrds,
Jim Tierney - Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while attending The Players 2012. Great service overall, staff very helpful. Needed a little computer help, got all the help I needed, and more. There is room for improvement in the gym, though. It needs a bench and/or a step for a better workout. But having a gym is great in itself, thank you for that. It was a big bonus. All in all, a great stay and I'll be coming back.

Room Tip: A room turning away from the Interstate is preferable.