“A Buffalo Bill”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #40 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A Buffalo Bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stroll at Town Center Mall often and repeat meals at certain places without getting trite or feeling I am doing things routinely. Every time I walk or drive by Ted's Montana Grill, a certain hamburger catches my eyes and my curiosity for it grows more and more. It is called Buffalo Meat Hamburger. I have eaten hamburgers in most remote places but for me to try buffalo hamburger is some sort of adventuring and gambling it whether I would like it or not. I went inside and found the place very spacious, tables arranged in a way you can put privacy in practice. I sat at the bar where two ladies were sitting and eating. At this time, the place was in recess and no customers yet; it was after lunch and before dinner. Let me try this buffalo meat hamburger. The waiter replies, excellent choice, how do you like it. I asked, cooked medium and with this selection of vegetables. I still don't know how much it costs,; priority was to try for first time this buffalo meat. I thought buffalo is tougher meat than beef. But according to this waiter, it is leaner. Ok, how was it. It was very good but I sense buffalo a bit livery. His eyes popped at the way at classified the taste. Yes, I repeated. a bit livery. But thanks, I'll stick with my beef taste of regular cow. I love liver with sauteed onions, but not a liver taste in my meat. No thank you. The bill was $18 for only this buffalo hamburger. The service was excellent, the atmosphere superb. My comment that this buffalo meat hamburger taste is opened to arguments. I liked it but a bit livery and prefer more beef taste for a hamburger. $18 to try a hamburger and a buffalo bill not easy to forget.

• Visited May 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Bison burgers are the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

This restaurant offers fresh, well prepared food. You have the choice of beef or bison burgers fixed many ways---choose the bison, it is worth paying a little more. The service is great and the atmosphere is perfect for a relaxed meal.

Jacksonville, Florida
“great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Iv'e been here three times and every time i have not been disappointed. The huckleberry margarita is great and the staff always is friendly. The menu is a little limited but what food they do have is great.

• Visited March 2014
Thomasville, Georgia
“First Time Bison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had been shopping and wanted to grab a bite before I did more shopping. Had never been to Ted's and decided to stop in. The waiter was very nice and as I pondered the menu, he asked if I had ever tried bison. Told him no but I would think about it and let him know. Decided to try the bison bacon burger with onion rings. It was flavorful and juicy. Must say, my first experience with bison was a good one. Like the atmosphere of the restaurant and didn't mind spending the $15 for the burger (ate half of the burger and left most of the sides). Will go back.

El Paso, Texas
“FEB BA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excelent Bison Strip-suggest Medium- very flavorful and lean. Little fat at the edges as theres should and the sides complimented the meal. The Fudge Brownie and ice cream topped it off. I saw the apple crisp and it is not meant for one person!! Beware. Parking is troublesome, but with patience...one can get close. $50