β€œNot Sure the Salmon was True Salmon, Diminished Quality Overall”
Review of Fuji Sushi

Fuji Sushi
Ranked #141 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have had good experiences with this restaurant but last visit, I was disappointed. I order an array of sushi and/or sushi rolls all the time (weekly), one of my favorites that I'm quite familiar with, is salmon. This last visit I believe they substituted 'fresh salmon' sushi for a different fish. I know this is a common thing taking place but had hoped Fuji Sushi would stick to their standards. If they charge me for salmon I would expect salmon...if they don't have salmon, let me know and I will order something else.
Their soup is still good, service is pleasant and receive free roll each time. Though I will say I was disappointed in a chicken roll received last time. I go here for sushi, sushi rolls, soup...not chicken rolls. Maybe they were trying to get rid of chicken that was about to expire.
My personal opinion is that their standards are declining at a fast rate and would recommend enjoying your sushi elsewhere. This is a sad statement since I previously considered them a top notch sushi place.

There are newer reviews for Fuji Sushi

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Very good food and the service was good also. They helped me understand what to order. I will come back.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I went for lunch and ordered a beef hibachi-style meal for about $10.00 with drink. The meal was decent, but the beef portion was very small and looked like a single slice of deli meat. I guess they are going for the whole 'cuisine' style of dining. I wasn't satisfied with it as I could've eaten more food at better quality from a Chinese takeout

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It has the best tasting and freshiest sushi in town. The staff are all so friendly and the place is gorgeous!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is an excellent stop, especially for the intimate setting and excellent service. The decor is beautiful, as well as the food. The food is also delicious and a great value for the price. Be sure to try the miso soup while you are there! Their tempura sushi rolls are also especially phenomenal.