“great place”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

our first time to kickbacks. our daughter took us there saying it was a great place for good food and to try a variety of beers. we were not disappointed. the whole atmosphere here was fun. everyone in the place was having fun. both the customers and the staff. our server, bree, was delightful. good food, reasonably priced. worth a visit when you are in town. we will come back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Everyone we go, the food and service are great. Fun servers, great atmosphere, and food that is so so delicious! :-)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm not a beer drinker but I love Kickbacks for the food. And cocktails. The variety on the menu is astonishing. I like that I can get breakfast at 9pm or a steak dinner at 8am. Or spaghettios and tater tots. Seriously. My fave is the Jax Cheesesteak, and the chef salad ordered for delivery makes lunch for me for 2 days.
Apparently everyone in Riverside likes Kickbacks as much as I do, because it is almost always busy, and wall to wall neighborhood folks as it gets later in the evening and later in the week. At those times, just kick back (see how I worked that in... ) and have a coupla drinks while you wait for your food. The service is pretty quick all other times.
So if you're looking for a quiet dinner on a Friday night, this is not the place. At least until the expansion is done. They are expanding into a huge new 3-story restaurant complex with a "steampunk" styling, a huge patio and a more intimate basement bar. Opening in late 2013...ish. And I can't wait.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I come to Jacksonville a lot for business and this is one of my go to restaurants for several reasons. Love the fact they deliver until the wee hours of the morning, they have a huge variety of food and it isn't just sandwiches and salads, and their prices are very reasonable. Their shrimp scampi is delish - fresh shrimp with lemon and garlic. The harpoons - grilled Mahi and bacon wrapped shrimp in a citrus glaze are to die for. Mashed potatoes are tasty and their side salads are spring mix greens, not the white iceberg crap. There are a few things I don't care for. One is their mac and cheese with bacon - it is too dry for my liking, and while their desserts sound amazing, they are lackluster.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My first experience at Kickbacks wasn't bad at all. We went on a Saturday evening and were able to get a table right away. Our server was great. Our drinks were never empty. The food did take a little while, but that was okay. We were there to socialize. The food was very good and the vibe of the restaurant is rarely seen in Jacksonville. It got very crowded, but I didn't mind that. I knew what I was getting into. I'll be going back.