“very nice experience”

River City Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
River City Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 2,075 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Took my 11 year old grandson to the Jacsonville, fl museum of history and afterwords he said he was hungry. We noticed a restaurant accross the street named River City Brewing Co. and decided to try it. When we walked in I thought this might be too fancy and expensive to be going for lunch. We were seated by windows that overlooked the water and noticed very nice boats pulling up to eat here. The tables had the white cloths and napkins and very fine dinnerware. We were pleasantly surprised to see the menu had a childrens insert that was very reasonable. The staff was very friendly and the service was great. I had the french dip sandwich and was one of the best ever. My wife had the shrimp po boy and said it was delicious. My grandson got the chicken nuggets with fries and it even included an ice cream sundae for dessert. $8.95. The bill as I remember was right at $40. We noticed they also had another area with wrap around windows that was a bar and an outside bar that connected. Looked very nice but did not go in. If I lived in Jacsonville I would be going to this place on a regular basis. They also have entertainment outside on a weekend bais. Try it! You will like it!

1  Thank DEAN W

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The mahi (special last Friday night) was good. The bread pudding was over-the-top fabulous. The server, a veteran, showed an interest in our group being there for a military-related reunion. The service was slow due to the number of tables to which our server was assigned. We had to wait a bit too long for things; however, it was obvious that it was not due to anything the server could control. Perhaps management did not count on the crowd that was there that night.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Whenever I go to a new city, I make it a point to visit as many breweries as I possibly can.
River City Brewery is in the middle of downtown right on the St. John's River. The view is very excellent across the inlet. However, that's about the only good thing.
The beer, first of all, was terrible. I've rarely been to breweries with beer as bad as this one. The food was ok but not anything special, especially considering the price. If you're a wine or liquor drinker, I'm sure this is a fine location with its outdoor seating with a view. But if you're looking for good beer or food worth your time and money, seek elsewhere.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great restaurant on the St. Johns river downtown. If it is not too hot it is a great place to sit outside and enjoy the view. The food is delicious.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We reserved a large area of the restaurant for a large group. The lights above the dining area were broken so they brought candles. The food was overpriced. My quesadilla was bland but my wife thought her fish tacos were excellent. The server was extremely good but had very little help. There were about 60 people in our group. We were there about three hours because it took a very long time to get our meals, to get our check and to pay the bill. They had our server take up the approximately 30 bills to process. Shame on the management.