“Excellant Stay”

Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for a night on a business trip. Clean, Nice Room, Bistro Concept is nice, and staff was nice. AC Unit worked like a gem in the Florida heat

If back in this part of town - I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard32258, Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Our management team has noticed that this review had no management response.
We would like to apologize for this happening. We are working to respond to all reviews now.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a relatively new property and is in first class shape. Friendly check-in, check-out staff. Speedy service. Internet service was far superior to that in some other hotels I've stayed at recently. Easy access to I-95. Got a great rate booking directly with the hotel after checking the ratings on Tripadvisor. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I pass through Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kd4dna

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Most would agree there's nothing better than a new hotel. Clean. Modern appointments including comfortable beds and furniture. Spacious designs. Fast internet. And certainly this property meets all those qualities.

But a hotel is also measured heavily by it's nearby competition. At check in I noticed this very new Courtyard was equipped with a breakfast buffet serving and sitting area. Very nice. Until my head turned and I saw a sign on the front desk counter offering a "breakfast buffet for $8.95." I realize Courtyards aren't typically known to throw in a free breakfast but for a longer term business traveler this fee can add up over time. Nor do I have the time or desire to divert to the drive through at a fast food on the way to work. On a work day I want to leave my room, have breakfast quickly and drive off to work.

Back to the competition. Close by on the west side of I95 is another super new clean, modern, hotel of similar type from another equally large chain that throws in a free hot breakfast -at the same rates- and also happens to have a nice view as well that is very worthy of your consideration.

As it stands this hotel is very nice. Located In a very modern and clean suburban area. And like its competitor it's a breath of fresh air from the multitude of old and dated hotel properties concentrated in an area just 5 miles north between I-95 and I-295.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chase71

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are very sorry that we don't offer a free breakfast. It's not a Courtyard Marriott standard and therefore we are unable to offer it unless it's included in a negotiated rate.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have never stayed in a larger hotel room than the Courtyard Inn Flagler Center. I only wish it could have been for more than one night. The room was about as perfect as it could be. I did happen to notice on the hotel room chart posted on the door that not all rooms were as big as this one.

Other than a brief overnight stay in the room, I had no other interaction with the hotel except for check-in and check-out which were a breeze. The lobby area was huge. The parking was fairly easy. The location was right off I-95 exit 335 but not too close, therefore no highway noise.

All aspects of cleanliness were top notch. Even the mini-refrigerator was a good one.

I don’t see any opportunities to be back in the area but if it should happen, this is the place to say. No questions. But, even with all of these glowing remarks, this is still not the Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 20_Miles_A_Day

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this Courtyard is. There is plenty of parking out front, and the parking lot is well-lit. Check-in and check-out were friendly & efficient. The room was a good size, and was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the fact that the bathroom has a large walk-in shower with glass doors - no gross shower curtain to contend with! The only minor issues were: 1) during the night, I could not figure out how to get the temperature of the room above 71, so it was a little chilly; 2) at check-in the clerk mentioned room service, but I couldn't find a menu in the room; and 3) the towels were a little on the thin & scratchy side. All that being said, I thought that this property was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great hotel. Very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. I felt very comfortable in the room. Everything was clean and furnishings were very nice. The bar is closed on Sundays (maybe all weekend). So, no food or drink on Sundays which is inconvenient for Sunday check-ins. I was upgraded as a gold member to a suite with 2 queens. It was a nice 2-room suite. I would stay here again if the need arises to stay in that area.

Room Tip: If you are elite, ask for an upgrade. It doesn't seem to be automatically assigned.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is one of the most sparkling clean and modern Courtyards I have stayed in. The rooms are larger than typical with great amenities. Large pool, huge hot tub, small excercise room, full breakfast, lobby bar, and a well stocked Market combined with an efficient and friendly staff made our 4 night stay pleasurable and comfortable. We had two rooms and they were equally immaculate.I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Jacksonville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family