“Not the Best” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Florida
“Not the Best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to Flavors, expecting great food. As I obtained a Groupon, Groupon has usually come to mean good food, good deals, and good times. Unfortunately not this time. I LOVE good Indian food, been enjoying it since 1976, when I first worked for an Indian Doctor. Being a Vegan, was brought to an Indian restaurant. Instantly fell in love with the food. Regrettable, Flavors was NOT very good Indian food. The Mattar Pannar was, tasteless. I found pieces of Papa dum on the bottom of my plate. Not placed there by me, ugh!! Maybe leftovers from someones lunch? Hopefully not. My husband's Tandori chicken was very dry, seemed reheated to him. The rice was not seasoned, just steamed and also tasteless. We will not return at any price. Too many really good Indian restaurants in Jacksonville, don't need this place

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

St. Augustine, Florida
“perfect spicing for our tastes - well prepared and large servings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

this has become one of our favorite Indian restaurants ever - and we have eaten in a lot of them - the spicing is just right and meals are large enough to split - Dal Makani is what we always order - so hope rest of menu is just as good - prices are on par - there is a lunch buffet the does great business - we do not do buffets so have no idea of quality - but from the number of customers of Indian decent at lunch must be ok - sweet lassi is great way to cool down - give it a try if you like Indian

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Perfect name for this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

So much flavor words can not explain!! I ordered the Curry Lamb which was delectable! My husband ordered the Butter Chicken which he has had multiple times before at Indian restaurants in Canada. Has not had anything close to that authenticity in OVER six years!! We also ordered the naan bread which WAS the best we have ever had!! The serve it leavened~just airy, flesh and delightful! The rice was perfect! I wanted to have left overs but could not stop eating! We even cleaned our bowls by wiping them almost sparking clean with the naan bread! The prices are very reasonable most dishes are 10~12$s. :) :) I even contemplated ordering another dish to take home!! Simply DELICIOUS!! There name is PERFECT because this restaurant is layered with flavors!!! We will definitely be back for dinner!!
Wait staff worked together and were awesome. The only down was that the TVs were distracting as some of the videos playing showed inappropriately clothed people. (Meaning not enough clothing~not something I want to watch at ALL and especially not during dinner. :(
They also have a lunch buffet that is only 8$s which includes chai tea and ice cream!! Can not wait to try that as well!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lisa D
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Best Butter Chicken ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live at the beach, but whenever I am craving Indian food, I always drive out to Flavors. They have my favorite dish (Butter chicken) and it never disappoints. Their chicken tikka masala is delicious as well. I always get extra naan so I can dip (I've heard it's tacky to lick the bowl, but the sauce is really amazing).

Always friendly servers, and you can't help but laugh when you see the funny Indian pop videos playing on the screens.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New city, ny
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've had Indian in several different states across the US, but this was a first in Florida.

We went for dinner on New Years day with another couple and it was surprisingly busy.
Given, it was a holiday so there were several very large groups. That being the case, it seemed that there were only 3 employees that night. A cook, a server, and a bus boy.

It took over half and hour to order our food. Their mango lassi is delish! However my friend had ordered a beer which he didn't get for another half an hour.

It took nearly an hour to get our food. We didn't order too much either.
Garlic naan, baked to perfection! we ordered more!
Lamb samosas which were very very good. All the other Indian restaurants i have dined at usually serve it with a mango chutney or a mint, but they used a different sauce, not sure what it was, nonetheless it was good and spicy.
Their chicken tikka masala was very good.
The extra spicy lamb curry is what brings someone back, so so yummy.
Their butter chicken was TOO buttery. I know, I know, it is BUTTER chicken, but usually it is very mild but the butter was overwhelming.

And they have mango/vanilla self serve ice cream! Original! Although I personally thought it tasted like cardamon.

Overall, we were able to overlook the slow service because it was a holiday. The food was excellent and they even have Hindi pop music videos playing nonstop!

Check it out! You won't regret it!

• Visited January 2013