“Very nice”

Ranked #75 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed one night last minute while traveling. We had a room with a queen bed and a hot tub. It was very spacious and clean. We used the fitness center and had breakfast in the morning before check out. The staff was very friendly and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
wv
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Thank you for a great stay! We stayed here the night before we departed on a cruise out of Jacksonville. We had drove 13 hours and arrived at 2:30am, the night staff was friendly and arranged for a late check out for us. The room was clean and the bed was just what I needed after a drive like that. The breakfast hit the spot and the coffee got me going again. We used the insure guest laundry to get our clothes done so we had them for the cruise. Great rate and was easy to the port. Thanks Comfort Suites for making my travel easy again.

• Stayed September 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I came to Jacksonville for the first time to cruise. Not cruising for the first time, just cruising out of Jacksonville for the first time. The hotel is GREAT!!! I viewed the website so many times hoping it was not falsely advertised. I even booked this one over the hotels closer to the cruise port because it was so adorable online!

I arrived in Jacksonville late (after 2am) from Ohio, when I'd planned on arriving by 7pm. I was super tired and cranky and just wanted to crawl into bed. I'd called around 3 to say I wouldn't arrive by check in time. I spoke to a very helpful young lady who said don't worry
she'd check me in at 4. (I was under the Friends & Family program. Not sure if that made a difference.) I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is located right off of the freeway so no getting lost. I walked in expecting to have hassle. To my surprise, she'd not only kept her word but alerted the 3rd shift person and left my keys ready at the desk! Less than 5 minutes and I was all set.

I was able to park right outside the door. The parking lot is bit and well lit. They even have a small parking garage attached to the hotel in case you prefer it!

I walked into my room and was once again pleasantly surprisd to find that I was assigned to a handicap suite. It was as spacious as a 1 bedroom apartmenr! I may be paranoid, but since it's Florida I had my hubby check everywhere for lizards, snakes, or scorpions. Happy to say there were none! I can even confirm the room is well dusted!

There are so many little touches that makes it feel better than home. I wanted to crawl into bed, but the bathroom was so large and inviting that I just had to take a shower. The mini fridge has a little freezer in it so I was happy to refreeze my ice packs. The free wifi was fast and reliable. I had one king size bed, a sleeper sofa, and a love seat! In addition to a desk with a super comfy enorgamic chair, 27 in flat screen tv and plenty of lamps and lighting. I loved it so much I could have stayed 2 days!

I will DEFINITELY make sure I book here whenever I stay in Jacksonville!

I haven't had the FREE breakfast yet, but I'm sure it'll be excellent also. Even if it isn't, no biggie. I still have lots of leftover fruit from the road and I'm going on a cruise where I'll spend a week to my heart's content!

If I remember, I'll take pics tomorrow and post them. With this same title if not entire post.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Very nice hotel. We just needed a pit-stop location. We enjoyed our stay. It was noisy in the lobby the night we were there someone was having a party in a conference room near the lobby. The hotel was very busy that night. The noise didn't bother us in our rooms. We did eat a waffle the next morning the area was clean and very busy. I would stay again. Looks like a new hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel for a Comfort Suite is really nice! I actually went back outside to make sure it was a Comfort Suite, seriously!

Colors are a deep red, muted green and tan. The owner obviously takes pride in this hotel, it is clean and shiny. Beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful.

We stayed here on our way to Disney for a night and will stay again. :) (We got up too late for breakfast, so I cant comment on that).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

This hotel was great! Staff was exceptional! Will definitley stay again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The rooms are nicely decorated and moderately appointed. The staff were helpful and friendly. However, I had to leave the property and find a Publix so that I could buy some Lysol and a candle....It smelt like a nursing home, it was very hard to relax and my clothes smelt like that room for the whole of my next day - which ws embarressing. I will never stay there again; this is not typical for Comfort Suites.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business