“for a late night stop, this fit the bill and more!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #75 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
columbia sc
“for a late night stop, this fit the bill and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

We could not believe the low rate for such a beautiful hotel. The beds were outstanding. the bathroom almost spa-like. A huge minifridge, microwave, couch and coffee table, desk , super clean . We did not hear a peep in the hotel all night long. The pillows and beds were so comfy. The security cameras down each hall, inthe parkign areas and the lobby made me feel very safe since I was a woman traveling with two young grils.. I wish all Comfort Suites were as nice as this one! I have staye din room twice the rpoce and they were so much less nice!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Automation Alley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have work in the area and have stayed at this Comfort Suites many times. It is clean, quiet, comfortable beds and has a great breakfast bar for the morning. I highly reccomend this location.

• Liked — New and the beds are AWESOME
  • Disliked — next to highway but not noisy, just the location
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Westminster, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in Jacksonville for the annual UGA/UF game. This hotel was a very pleasant surprise.
Firstly, I was able to get a great military rate of $84 a night. It only took 15 minutes to get to the hotel (all highway) from the airport, and 15-20 minutes to get to Altel Stadium w/o traffic. Not a bad location, all in all.
Room was very clean and modern looking. Beds were VERY comfortable: on par with what you'd get at a full-price Marriott hotel. HS internet was a breeze to get connected to. Very happy with the room.
Was greeted at the checkin with warm, tasty cookies. A good start to a fun weekend.
The accommodations were much better than I expected. The downsides would be very limited parking (I ended up having to park at an adjacent hotel and risk not getting a ticket/towed). There was only 1 small elevator that was in constant use. This usually isn't an issue for me, because I'll take the stairs. Umm, good luck finding those quickly and other travelers and I found out. Yeah, they are there, but nowhere near the elevator. Breakfast was only decent. There is a Wendy's adjacent to the hotel. Other than that, you'll have to hunt a little bit to find decent food.
I gave this hotel 5 stars because the accommodations/room were such a treat and a pleasant surprise. While some things could be improved, overall, this is a great place to stay when traveling to Jacksonville.

• Liked — the room was terrific
  • Disliked — VERY limited parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Cheraw, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

I am taking my daughter on a Spring Break Road Trip to visit colleges around the country, and we made it to Jacksonville, Florida last night. Wanted to get part way around the city so when we head west on I-10 this morning we wouldn't be fighting traffic. Warning: almost no hotels between getting on I-295 from I-95 South and I-10!

We saw a billboard for a Holiday Inn at this exit, and tried it first - stinky, major bar crowd, not for a mother and teenage daughter. Came back to the Comfort Suites we had seen as we exited I-295.

This seems to be a pretty new property, extremely clean, very well lit parking lot, all interior corridors, very helpful staff, huge room with sofa, microwave, frig, two beds, huge TV, nice bathroom with a Waterpik shower head.

Extremely comfortable beds with great linens, and lots and lots of super fluffy pillows.

We are right next to the elevator, and you can hear the ding when it arrives, and we were a bit concerned about whether that would interfere with our sleep but it turned out to be no problem at all.

Very quiet well insulated hotel.

Hands down the best Comfort property I have ever stayed at - really a very clean and comfortable hotel, felt very safe and secure.

• Liked — Very clean, safe, spacious
  • Disliked — Nothing to not like.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ruralartist
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

After a long drive back from Captiva Island; We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Jacksonville. The hotel is brand new and spotless. I had a room on the second floor and the room was extremely spacious, nice couch to sprawl out on, bed was wonderful!! Even my boyfriend who is picky about pillows loved the ones on the bed. Internet service was very good. Pool was rather small but was fine for the two of us. Breakfast had an array of choices ranging from danishes, bagels, cereal and frozen breakfast sandwiches. I have no complaints about this hotel--and recommended it highly.

• Liked — Size of room, Bed!! and Internet
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foodie02
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

Stayed for one night for business and had a great night sleep on the best bed I have ever slept on. Found out at check-out that the hotel just opened 2 weeks ago. The bed, TV, and everything even smelled new. The only complaint I had was a slow evlevator but after a 3.5 hr drive from Tampa I was pleaently surprised as I had been to numerous other Comfort Suites and this is by far the best. Word of caution: The suite is really just an oversized room with a large desk, leather chair, couch and oversized table, but the bed makes up for the rather smallish suite. Full size fridg and microwave also included. Digital thermostate made for ideal sleeping conditions. If you need a new hotel close to Airport and downtown this is a very safe bet and great value.

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — Slow elevator
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business