“No Complaints”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room #216. Bed & pillows were stellar. Very pleased with sitting area. Although T.V. could have been larger in comparison to the room, our stay was great. Also, had no problems with our service animal.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello Steve B...and thank you for your review.We are pleased you enjoyed our CLEAN suite and comfy beds along with the staff service! Hopefully, the front desk guest service agent relayed to you about the four fast food establishments within one block and five full service restaurants about five minutes away.

We hope to see you again soon...

Reviewed July 12, 2014

When preparing to write this review, I was shocked by the pictures from the hotel's website. My room was far nicer than the ones pictured. (Recently remodeled?) The bathroom was very nice with solid surface vanity and nice fixtures. The room was very clean, the bed and linens were nice. The hotel staff was nice. Overall, I'd stay here again and bring my family. It is much, much nicer than the Comfort Suites at Baymeadows where I spent the next night. As I recall, this hotel was around five dollars more. The location unfortunately has fewer dining choices than other hotels. I'd rather drive a bit farther for dinner than stay anywhere else. It's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B

Good day Jaimie...and thank you for being our guest most recently. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will relay to staff a job well done!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I traveled solo to this hotel. I arrived a lot earlier than I anticipated, waay before the check in time but was given a room within 20 minutes, I was very tired from my travels and was ready to rest, BIG plus! The employees are really nice and cordial, upon entering my room, I did my usual inspection and was quite pleased with the cleanliness of my room in addition to the things being well stocked such as towels, toliet paper and toiletries. I have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel. Breakfast was more than adequate with choices of fresh fruit, cereal (hot or cold), eggs, meat, donuts, toast, juices, coffee..ALL of my needs were met. I slept well, I was not disturbed by excessive noises during my 3 night stay. There is a Washer & Dryer on site in addtion to a soda machine. Wendy's resturant is located next to this property which was a great choice for me on one of my busiest days. I will definately stay again! I can't speak on the fitness center as I didn't use it during my stay, however, the pool is located outdoors but covered. I did not use the pool but I did go out to take a look at it. Nice and Clean! I look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank L W
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Good day LW...and thank you for your review! We are pleased you found the staff to be friendly, full hot complimentary breakfast to your satisfaction and your accommodation CLEAN and FRESH.

As you mentioned, our pool is sparkling and although you did not use it, our newly refurbished fitness center will indeed be acceptable to those that would like to get a work out.

We hope to be of service again...

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I came here last year with my husband for a business trip. The room most certainly did not appear clean. We immediately got out our Clorox wipes and began wiping down door knobs and fixtures, remote, etc because they felt sticky upon first contact. The door knob in the bathroom had a toothpaste smear on it!! Absolutely disgusting! For people who wouldn't know any better, they would just think the room looked clean with the naked eye at a glance but it's not. Just be sure to sanitize before you touch anything in the rooms and you should be ok. The staff was super friendly and welcoming. Looks like this place may have improved by the looks of the current reviews.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle807

Hello Michelle:

We appreciate your post, especially the extremely positive comments on great service and excellent staff!

I am perplexed as to your issue with the cleanliness of your suite. We have the pleasure of hosting over 17,000 guests per year all of which get an opportunity to to review the property. Year to date, the cleanliness of the guest room/bath is 9.4 on a scale of 10 which is well above brand and industry standards.

I do personally apologize if we 'dropped the ball' in your instance. However, to generally state we have dirty rooms is not an accurate statement. Our future honored guests can be assured to find our high cleanliness standards to their satisfaction.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Jacksonville with a group of friends to attend a music festival. We had a clean room and good coffee. Our breakfast was average, I would suggest real cups and stay away for the disposable ones. Real cups are a small thing that helps travelers feel more comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelGal22SWFlorida
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello John...and thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about the clean accommodation and good coffee. Our full hot complimentary breakfast buffet consisting of 3 coffee /tea, 3 fresh fruits, 3 cereals, 3 yogurts, hard boiled eggs, 3 donuts, muffins, bread, english muffin, hot egg dish, breakfast meat, 2 waffle choices, and 3 juices is well regarded by our guests - I will look into the coffe cup issue you had to see what can be done in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am a choice Diamond member and spend about 150 nights a year in choice hotels. In all the years as a member I've had my bad experiences but have never taken the time to review a hotel. I've had that attitude "let someone else do it". Today I decided that I will start to write reviews.
First, this hotel is very nice. It is clean, up to date and in a good location to downtown. I have no complaints other than the fitness center. I stayed in this hotel back in March for 2 nights and I was disappointed that the treadmill was out of order. I work out on treadmills every morning and every evening when traveling and this is a very important part of my stay. A fitness center with working equipment is very important to me. I mentioned this to the staff and they said it was scheduled to be repaired. I checked in to the hotel last night and was to tired to work out. I got up this morning at 4:45 to do 1.5 hours on the tread mill and I was very upset to find the machine still "out of order".
I decided to use the stationary bike but that's not really my thing. After 30 minutes I decided to lift weights and I then realized that of the 3 pieces of weight lifting equipment , 2 were broken.
From a total of 6 pieces of fitness equipment only 3 were in service. This in my opinion is obvious negligence. I understand that something can break, but it's obvious that this hotel does not view the fitness room as an important part of a stay for some guest. I will be fair, if you don't work out then this is a clean and good place to stay but if you are like me and like to use the time your in a hotel to stay fit then SATY AWAY.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank John M
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hello John...And thank you for the many positive things you stated about our hotel. The fitness center will have all new equipment in about two weeks. I do apologize for it taking so long. We hope to see you soon and thank you for being a valued Choice Elite Diamond member - we appreciate your loyalty.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This property was clean and a great place to stay for the price. I had a good night sleep and check-in and out service was great. The complimentary hot breakfast was good and plentiful. Even though it was a one night stay, I will stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly F
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Good day...Thank you for your review - WOW, a perfect score! I will make sure all staff see's your positive comments. It was our pleasure to be of service...