“Average with Wi-Fi issues” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #57 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Plantation, Florida
“Average with Wi-Fi issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Room was of average appearance with dated furniture and mattress/pillows. Upon entrance to lobby you are greeted by a friendly associate and are directed to the elevator if you are on floors 2,3 or 4. The elevator is very slow and small in size. Upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, I noticed a dehumidifier in the hallway. It makes one wonder if the mgt. is taking shortcuts with the HVAC system in using the dehumidifier(s).

Entrance into the room reveals a clean and tidy appearance, but it can be deceiving. Take a look at the photos and you will find some issues with dirt/dust build up in corners, especially in the restroom between the toilet and the wash basin. The toilet was clean as was the sink/tub. Take a look at the photos of the wall mounted HVAC system. You will see the air filters are very dirty as was HVAC unit itself. I took the cover and filters off/out and cleaned them in the bathtub. You can see the difference in the photos. In my opinion, if the hotel mgt. does not keep the HVAC system clean, what other shortcuts are being taken in regards to cleanliness?

On the two nights I tried to access the internet using the in house Wi-Fi I was unable to do so. I was able to connect to the router, but the log-in screen never popped up. I was able to use the hard wired Cat-5 cable next to the desk to access the internet.

The mattress was not very supportive and the pillows need to be replaced soon. The chair cushion at the desk was also compressed and did not offer support. If you intend to use the desk for work, beware of the amount of space. Your laptop/paperwork will compete with the lamp, phone and coffee maker. They do supply an iron/iron board and I did have to clean the iron as the iron had water left in it and the sole plate had white particulates around the steam holes. The room also offers a microwave and small refrig.

I did not eat breakfast but did notice that the hotel supplied USA Today in the lobby. For a hotel in the caliber of ChoiceHotels, I found this franchise to be on par with others around the country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Peyton B
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Mr. B...Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am pleased that your found our staff friendly and suites clean and tidy. We constantly receive praise on these two aspects of our award winning operation.

I will speak with engineering pertaining to the A/C comment to ensure proper maintenance. The dehumidifiers are placed in the hallways to work in concert with the central and unit A/C's to create a pleasant atmosphere for our honored guests as this is Florida and the nature of our tropical weather. I have recently invested money to make sure our wireless is of the highest caliber and am at a loss as to why it did not work properly for you - this I will check on.

I am sorry you missed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet as our guests rate it 100/100 for variety, quality of food, service and cleanliness.

Again, thank you for your comments...

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brookeville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our daughter was graduating from Jacksonville University the weekend of May 3, 4 and 5, 2013. We had an awesome experience. The front desk associate/manager (Alicia) was extremely friendly, polite and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. The rooms were clean and comfortable, as well as the rest of the hotel. Also - my elderly parents were with us for this visit. The covered, handicap accessible parking garage was perfect for us, especially because it rained solidly two of the three days we were there. They also had a pleasant experience. We would stay here again. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Jesse...and thank you for your review! We are pleased your stay with us was satisfactory and certainly look forward to your return the next time you are in Jax.

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here on the nights of April 8 and 9, 2013 and have nothing negative to say. The hotel, even though older, was very well maintained, everything was clean and working, the employees very considerate and helpful. This is clearly a well managed hotel and I saw the Manager diligently check out the breakfast area and converse with guests. We would stay here again when coming back to Jacksonville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TaiTam1
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks TaiTam1...For your positive post. Hope to see you again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while going to the Gator Nationals in Gainesville. Hotel was very clean as well as the room. Breakfast in the morning was very good with all the usually Choice Hotel foods. Staff at the hotel was always friendly and helpful. If I was in the area again I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks PHATPAT is was our pleasure to be of service!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Spend one night here while traveling. The hotel was fine. Quiet, convenient location, and clean. The front desk people, morning and night will speak to you as if you are a child. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Good day...Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Jax.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had familycoming from out of town,so the guys and the boys stayed here since our house could not take care of all of our family.
We got two rooms,it was clean and the wi-fi was great,I got a lot of work done.
It was a mini vacation for me.
The kids and I used the fitness center,the hot breakfast was had a wide varity of food.
I will come back here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben L
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hello Ben...Thank you for the all positive review! I will share your comments with the staff and issue a well done.

Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

we were on long drive to jacksonville, there were a few hotels in the arear. and we chose this one. and glad we did, Alicia at the front desk was so accomodating.from the minute we checked in until we left. we had to return our rental in the morning and our train didnt leave until 5pm. the manager Bill also. was very kind and understanding to let us stay in the room till 3pm at no extra charge.. the rooms are very clean, and a fitness center. and a nice full breakfast...i will reccommend this place anyone traveling through jacksonville....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jayne C
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Ms. C. & Family...Thank you for your feedback . We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to to seeing you again in the future.