“excellent place to stay”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #75 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Long Island City, New York
“excellent place to stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

we were on long drive to jacksonville, there were a few hotels in the arear. and we chose this one. and glad we did, Alicia at the front desk was so accomodating.from the minute we checked in until we left. we had to return our rental in the morning and our train didnt leave until 5pm. the manager Bill also. was very kind and understanding to let us stay in the room till 3pm at no extra charge.. the rooms are very clean, and a fitness center. and a nice full breakfast...i will reccommend this place anyone traveling through jacksonville....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jayne C
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Ms. C. & Family...Thank you for your feedback . We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to to seeing you again in the future.

Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia,SC
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on way to St Pete based on location/reviews. Hotel and room clean and staff pleasant. All was well ( excepting the minature pillows on the bed) until we turned on the shower. The top of the fixture was busted and water spewed forth everywhere in the bathroom. I mopped up a bit and went down to the front desk to inquire and was informed there were no other rooms available. So we took quick showers and made a huge mess. My issue is nothing was offered for these troubles and it is clear the shower likely had been busted for some time. Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes not.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Creekcrawler
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Good day Creekcrawler...And thank you for your feed back. Glad to hear you found our property clean and the staff pleasant. I do apologize for the shower - your suite was previously occupied for five or more days prior and no one reported a problem. Normally, we would have moved you immediately since maintenance was gone for the day but, we were completely sold out as we often are due our reputation in the marketplace.

Again, thank you for being our honored guests and we hope to see you again in the future...

Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Quick and courteous check-in. We arrived late and were greeted promptly. Seems to be an industrial area, as there were no available convenience stores nearby. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and very quiet. Definitely on our list as we pass back through on our way home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jule J
Hello Jule J: We appreciate your positive feed back and hope to see you on your return trip.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was greeted at check-in with a warm welcome from the front desk agent and the GM, Bill Flor. They took the time to get to know me during the check-in and to recommend places to eat that fit my liking. They even gave me a menu to take to my room! This property is in excellent shape and very clean from the parking lot, entrance, lobby, and guest room. I went out to dinner and came back to find a very well lit parking lot (they even have lights that wrap around the palm trees!). Did I mention their breakfast? It was awesome! They had everything a normal hotel breakfast has but they also have breakfast sandwiches that you can make along with blue berry pancakes! (I guess they change the pancake flavors occasionally)

Room Tip: Check out their jacuzzi suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris L
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your positive review! It was our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

My Best, Bill
Pompano Beach Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suite, on Commonweath Ave in Jacksonville, FL for one night on my way North for work. This hotel does not look so old, but it is in very bad state.
Water damage on the bathroom walls & ceiling. Mold all over the caulk of the tub & in the grout lines.
The bed was very noisy. Every time I moved in the bed it sounded as if the bed would fall apart. The TV was a MASSIVE 46 inch Tube TV. That could only be seen from the bed. You could not move the TV to watch from the sofa or the desk. The sofa had a rip & a stain. Two walls had been painted a dark red color. But the looks like the painter used a toothbrush to apply the paint. Very bad wall/ceiling repairs everywhere. The desk clerk seemed confused while checking in. I walked around in my socks all evening & before bed my socks were so dirty, I tossed them out.

The Internet service is very slow & you have to watch a commerical to get the internet.

I will stay away from this Comfort Suites from now on. Btw, I am a Diamond Elite member of this chain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Good day barbuhomme:

Thank you for your post - the feedback is appreciated. Of specific concern are the comments about the tub, bed and carpet. Our property is rated 'Exceptional' and the overall scores pertaining to cleanliness are typically of the highest caliber. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular basis and the beds are 'state of the art' Sealy Posturepedic pillow tops.

Saying this, I apologize for your issues and not being up to standard on this specific visit as I am personally responsible for everything that occurs at this property. As my staff will attest to, we strive for zero defects.

I have looked to see if the issues were logged at the front desk so I could have maintenance attend to the bed and have further training done with the housekeeper that cleaned the suite but, was unable to find it. We will however institute property wide reminders of the proper proceedurers to ensure all honored guest 100% satisfaction.

Thank you for keeping us on our toes!

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here last month for one night in-route to our vacation destination in soutwest Florida. It is the best on-the-road overnight stay I can remember. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly and accomodating, and the included breakfast was the best "included breakfast" I can remember (fresh fruit, yogurt, sweet breads, eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, cereal, toast, muffins, make your own waffles) Within 5 minutes of getting to our room the lady at the front desk called the room to see if everything was okay . . . and it was, but that was a very nice touch ! Met the manager at breakfast who made the rounds to see if everything was okay with each and every guest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NC_OldGuy
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good day NC_Old Guy...and thank you for your post - that's what I'm talkin' about!! We strive every day and dedicate our professional lives to ensure 100% guest satisfaction - zero defects. I will share this with the staff as a goal to accomplish with each and every of the 15,000 guests we serve annually!

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

NIce hotel. Lady taking care of the breakfast area was very good. She kept the food fresh, clean up after everyone, wiped tables down as guest left the breakfast area. The remainder of the stag were pleasant any helpful. The rooms were on good condition and very comfortable. If your looking for a nice pool to sun at, this won't work for you. It's located under the hotel. Be okay for kids to swim and get excercise. Over all stay was good !

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank IBSANC
Hello IBSANC...I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to being of service again when your travels bring you back to JAX.

Safe travels,