“Too Many Kids!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #593 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 28, 2017

One thing you can normally rely on with a Chain Restaurant is the quality and consistency of the food. It goes without saying that Outback offers just that. After picking someone up from the airport I wanted to take my guest to a nice quiet dinner and chose Outback. There were plenty of open tables even after we were seated. The Hostess then started to seat families with screaming kids around next to us and directly behind us. Surely Outback has a policy to keep families in one area, if not, they should look into it. I don't mind children, but when there are a lot of them not being supervised and noisy, it deters from having a comfortable experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Fail of a meal. Poor evening management. Crummy service. How the heck hard is it to cook steak? You literally had one job and you not only brought it out cooked wrong for two of us but one of us even got the wrong darn cut. Took 35 minutes for soup...and it arrived with the gross steaks. Can't wait to see the bill for this insanely subpar meal. Pictured is what was left of my meal by the time the took everything else away.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Hello Lauren,

We're disappointed by your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Jacksonville/Northside". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

We hadn't eaten at Outback for a year. Had a good experience here. I had the snow crab legs in my wife had the soup and salad with French onion soup. They have a great dressing which is a blue cheese vinaigrette. We had a great waitress not sure of her name the receipt said Huston V.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with the experience. We dine here about once a month and this was the worst experience we've had. While our server tried too hard to be engaging, he then managed to forget the basics. We waited nearly an hour for our salads and then our entrees came 10 minutes later. After we finished our meal, we had to 20 mins for a box and the bill. The food was decent but I think we'll avoid Outback for awhile. Something is off and the food isn't good enough to compensate for server issues.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

My family and I had a late dinner at Outback in Jacksonville. They deserve and A++ in food and service. The restaurant was very clean and my cup of water never got low - they are very attentive and that is some of the best service we have had in a chain restaurant! There was no crumb left on anyone's plates.