Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows
Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great place to stay. Very clean. Staff exceptional friendly and helpful. Gave us a good travelers rate with a coupon. Easy access to the major roads. Plenty of place to eat within walking distance. But ask the desk personal for sining experinces, they had some great choices of local haunts.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many guests, like yourself, find our location to many restaurants, within walking distance, very convenient. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Hampton at Baymeadows and I-295 (9A) is great. We have stayed there many times and the staff has always been wonderful. Our rooms are clean and neat with everything in working order. It is close to the University of North Florida which makes visiting the college easy and there are several restaurants within walking distance. It is our go to hotel in Jacksonville!!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, pick a room on the north side of the hotel!!! The sun shines bright in Flo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy214
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi Judy214! Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. We are a preferred hotel of The University of North Florida and many parents find our location which is only 3 miles from the campus to be extremley convenient. We are so pleased that our property has become your "home away from home!" We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My stay as this property was wonderful. I cannot praise this hotel enough, They were able to accommodate me with no fuss. The young gentlemen at checkin was so thoughtful, he went above and beond to help me with unloading my things on to the cart, baring in mind the turential rain. Also my check in was very late. I departed very early in the morning, The Girl doing breakfast was delightful. She was so sweet, she got me a 'On the run' breakfast bag and made me a coffee to go. I forget her name but shes the one with the beautiful accent.

Thank you for having me at your property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Hampton Inn I-295 East/Baymeadows! We are excited to hear directly from our former guests as we feel this is the most genuine feedback we can receive as well as it encourages others to stay at our property! We are glad you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities such as The On The Go Breakfast Bags. Next time travel brings you to the Jacksonville area, please come stay with us again.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here to be close to the university, at arrival I requested to pay cash for the weekend stay and gave a credit card to be put on file and stressed to the front desk I don't want this card charged I even tried giving the clerk the cash up front along with the credit card, I was told they do not take cash at check in that I would pay at checkout, I found this odd I travel frequently and have always paid up front. So we went to our room it appeared to be a bit small but very clean which was good since it is my main concern, it was funny because the comforters were lumpy but I dont use those anyways so it didn't bother me but when I booked the rooms it said we were to have two queen beds but they were clearly doubles. There is a restaurant across the parking lot but I wouldn't recommend it the staff was rude and the food was ice cold, go a few miles away to the Town Center and you will find a huge selection of quality restaurants anywhere from Chipolte to The Cheesecake Factory. The complimentary breakfeast in the mornings were great, big selection and they offer sausage! ( the last hotel... The Hyatt did not offer any sort of meat in their breakfeast). Oh and by the way they did end up charging my credit card that I had asked them not to, but it wasn't worth going downstairs and complaining about it!

• Stayed: March 2013
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to improve our service and strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests. Due to security reasons, we are unable to accept cash at check-in however; as the desk clerk stated we are pleased to accept it at check out. I apologize that our front desk clerk failed to properly explain that your credit card would be "authorized" at the time of check in but not actually charged until your departure date. Besides this occurance I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Cloud 9 Bedding and our delicious breakfast buffet! I hope you will come back to see us again soon as we love having you here!

Jennifer.D'Amico@hilton.com
904.517-5032

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have fallen in love with this Hampton Inn. I travel quite a bit with my current position, and stay at hotels about 70 nights a year. When I found this place, wow! i always look forward to my stays because the staff are all so kind and helpful, the accommodations are pristine, the bed is so comfortable, the air conditioner works great, the hot water its quick, the television is quick on and easy to operate. close to the beach, restaurants, St Johns Town Center, Baymeadows, Avenues Mall and University of North Florida.

Room Tip: i appreciate the breakfast and hot coffee all day.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are very pleased our Hampton Inn is your "Home away from Home!" We recently renovated our property in January 2013 to include a fresh new lobby, a renovated fitness center, new carpet in all hallways and several new amenities in our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just another Hampton Inn homerun hotel. Right off of I-295 with several restaurants within walking distance, in fact there are across the parking lot. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Stayed here on both ends of a trip to visit family in Florida.

Room Tip: Carrabbas Italian restaurant, which is 100 yds from the hotel, is always a nice place to eat.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our award winning Hampton Inn. In fact we are ranked in the top 15% of all Hampton Inn's in the United States. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms accommodations as well as breakfast. Please come back and see us. We love having you here!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My son and I stayed here for three nights while in Florida for the Daytona 500. The location is convenient to Jacksonville and to points further south on I-95. It's not far to get to Saint Augustine for sightseeing and it's only 30 minutes to the Jacksonville Airport.

This hotel is typical of a Hampton Inn. The service is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was average. They were out of a few basics like butter and the OJ machine was out of order. They made up for it by supplying larger cartons of OJ.

The hotel is clean. The air conditioner was a bit noisy when it turned on but we got used to it.

Nearby there are a few casual places to eat and there is a Publix supermarket only a minute or two down the road as well as a Walgreens within walking distance.

The next time we are in Jacksonville I will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RWM-JR

Thank you for your response. We truly appreicate the feedback as we are always working to not only meet your needs but exceed them! Our breakfast has been enhanced to include fresh waffles, two egg products, along with one meat product, muffins, danishes, donuts, fresh fruit, whole fruit, hot oatmeal and much more! We hope you will venture back to Jacksonville to enjoy our buffet along with our wonderful guest rooms.