“Clean and would return.”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows
Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Clean and would return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here to be close to the university, at arrival I requested to pay cash for the weekend stay and gave a credit card to be put on file and stressed to the front desk I don't want this card charged I even tried giving the clerk the cash up front along with the credit card, I was told they do not take cash at check in that I would pay at checkout, I found this odd I travel frequently and have always paid up front. So we went to our room it appeared to be a bit small but very clean which was good since it is my main concern, it was funny because the comforters were lumpy but I dont use those anyways so it didn't bother me but when I booked the rooms it said we were to have two queen beds but they were clearly doubles. There is a restaurant across the parking lot but I wouldn't recommend it the staff was rude and the food was ice cold, go a few miles away to the Town Center and you will find a huge selection of quality restaurants anywhere from Chipolte to The Cheesecake Factory. The complimentary breakfeast in the mornings were great, big selection and they offer sausage! ( the last hotel... The Hyatt did not offer any sort of meat in their breakfeast). Oh and by the way they did end up charging my credit card that I had asked them not to, but it wasn't worth going downstairs and complaining about it!

• Stayed March 2013
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to improve our service and strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our guests. Due to security reasons, we are unable to accept cash at check-in however; as the desk clerk stated we are pleased to accept it at check out. I apologize that our front desk clerk failed to properly explain that your credit card would be "authorized" at the time of check in but not actually charged until your departure date. Besides this occurance I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Cloud 9 Bedding and our delicious breakfast buffet! I hope you will come back to see us again soon as we love having you here!

Jennifer.D'Amico@hilton.com
904.517-5032

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have fallen in love with this Hampton Inn. I travel quite a bit with my current position, and stay at hotels about 70 nights a year. When I found this place, wow! i always look forward to my stays because the staff are all so kind and helpful, the accommodations are pristine, the bed is so comfortable, the air conditioner works great, the hot water its quick, the television is quick on and easy to operate. close to the beach, restaurants, St Johns Town Center, Baymeadows, Avenues Mall and University of North Florida.

Room Tip: i appreciate the breakfast and hot coffee all day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are very pleased our Hampton Inn is your "Home away from Home!" We recently renovated our property in January 2013 to include a fresh new lobby, a renovated fitness center, new carpet in all hallways and several new amenities in our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just another Hampton Inn homerun hotel. Right off of I-295 with several restaurants within walking distance, in fact there are across the parking lot. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Stayed here on both ends of a trip to visit family in Florida.

Room Tip: Carrabbas Italian restaurant, which is 100 yds from the hotel, is always a nice place to eat.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Greetings from The Hampton Inn! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our award winning Hampton Inn. In fact we are ranked in the top 15% of all Hampton Inn's in the United States. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms accommodations as well as breakfast. Please come back and see us. We love having you here!

Mullica Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My son and I stayed here for three nights while in Florida for the Daytona 500. The location is convenient to Jacksonville and to points further south on I-95. It's not far to get to Saint Augustine for sightseeing and it's only 30 minutes to the Jacksonville Airport.

This hotel is typical of a Hampton Inn. The service is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was average. They were out of a few basics like butter and the OJ machine was out of order. They made up for it by supplying larger cartons of OJ.

The hotel is clean. The air conditioner was a bit noisy when it turned on but we got used to it.

Nearby there are a few casual places to eat and there is a Publix supermarket only a minute or two down the road as well as a Walgreens within walking distance.

The next time we are in Jacksonville I will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RWM-JR
Thank you for your response. We truly appreicate the feedback as we are always working to not only meet your needs but exceed them! Our breakfast has been enhanced to include fresh waffles, two egg products, along with one meat product, muffins, danishes, donuts, fresh fruit, whole fruit, hot oatmeal and much more! We hope you will venture back to Jacksonville to enjoy our buffet along with our wonderful guest rooms.

Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was in Florida for business and having to meet with clients in Tampa and Orlando, I was making my way back up to Georgia and I stopped in Jacksonville for the night. The desk clerk was wonderful, professional and polite. The room was clean and fresh and the bed was perfect and exactly what I needed after a long day on the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are very proud of our property and guests tend to rave about our comfortable "Cloud 9 Bedding," clean white linens and soft and fluffy bath towels. We are located right off of I-295 which is a perfect location when traveling through Jacksonville. We hope you will come back and stay with us again if you find yourself in Jacksonville.

Ridgeway, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great overnight stay on the way to Tampa. Room and staff were great. Very close to restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was exceptional for being complimentary. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your response! Our Hampton Inn is truly one of the best! In fact, we are ranked in the top 15% of all Hampton Inn's. Guests tend to love the fact that we are within walking distance to over 10 different restaurants. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of this convenience. Please come back and see us. We love having you here!

Tamarac, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were driving north from Florida and decided to do it in three days. We also decided that we would spend the two nights on the road at Hampton Inns. Our first stop was in Jacksonville, FL. The hotel was a bit older than we had anticipated and the very reasonable price of $56.05 should have clued us in. Our room was on the first floor in the far rear of the hotel. The room was clean and neat with all the amenities you expect from a Hampton Inn. They had even provided the two extra pillows we had requested. However, when we got into bed we found that the duvet was extremely heavy and although it was cold in Jacksonville for us, I threw off the duvet on my bed (we had two queen sized beds). My wife did not sleep much at all due to the very loud air conditioning/reverse cycle heat unit in the wall under the window. The next morning she mentioned it to the front desk so they could have it fixed and to our surprise they cancelled our bill. We left early in the morning and did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dickmaven
Thank you for your response and feedback. We are always looking to improve our service so that we are able to provide top notch service and amenities to our guests. Our Hampton Inn is 5 years old and was actually recently renovated in January 2013 to include a fresh new "perfect mix lobby," a renovated Fitness Center, new carpet on all guest room hallways and several new amenities in the guest rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!