All reviews hotel experiences free breakfast director of sales would stay here again front desk staff booked this hotel the breakfast area other hotels stayed one night convenient location bed was comfortable nice room yogurt ivy mae pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

We visit Jacksonville regularly and have experience good and bad stays. The Inn & Suites were outstanding. The first thing we noticed, the well kept and clean facilities, we had the feeling of newness and warmth. We truly enjoyed their service and the awesome room —thank you so much for the unexpected upgrade. Their breakfast was superior, felt that you care about our health and comfort.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FairfieldButlerBlvd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2019

Hi MGRichter

I would like take an opportunity to Thank you for your awesome review and also would like to thank you for your business and choosing Fairfield Inn and suites, Butler Blvd Jacksonville for your hospitality. Where we try our level best that every guest stays happy our professional staff always their to help you go above and beyond to satisfy their requests. We have a unique property located very close to restaurants and drive able distance form beautiful sandy beaches of Jacksonville . We have a hot/cold complimentary breakfast in the morning, Pool and Gym available to keep up with you work out routine during your busy schedule We have 2 huge meeting rooms and a board room available for business meetings. Suite rooms are available if you are travelling with family. We have everything available for business and leisure customers.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 10, 2019

Ms. McGuire Director of Sales is super helpful. I wasn't able to get a room with them for a particular week and she was able to accommodate the timeframe requested. If you need a clean, safe, hotel with great customer service in Jacksonville, please give this Fairfield a try.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
FairfieldButlerBlvd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind reply, you business is very valuable to us and we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay We have 2 meeting rooms holds about 60 to 80 people in each room also a board room that holds about 10 people for a small meeting. Projectors are available you can make reservation with Maureen in sales for these meeting rooms and group reservation.

Reviewed October 4, 2019

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard is a middle of the road property that is a touch dated, but in a good location close to I-95 and dining options. I chose the location based on loyalty to Marriott Brand and the electric car charging amenity.

1) I reserved a King Room for 3 nights and was given a double queen handicapped at check-in without a word.
2) The vanity light in the bathroom was broken.
3) The closet in the room was unusable due to a sagging shelf and the proximity of the bed to the closet
4) The hotel was undergoing "entertainment upgrades" and didn't notify you of this on booking or at check in. You found out you couldn't have privacy once you were in your room by a sheet of paper stating you'd be charged $120 if you didn't let them into your room between 9am-6pm.
5) EV charging was constantly blocked by ICE cars even though there was plenty of available parking elsewhere in the lot.

I won't be a repeat customer to this property and it is a shame as I gave them every opportunity to correct the issues I experienced. In the area of the hotel there are at least 4 other properties and I'd recommend you consider them instead of this Fairfield by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard.

Date of stay: October 2019
FairfieldButlerBlvd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am the General manager at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.I would like to share what happened .
1) you have reserved a king bed and hotel has upgraded you in 2 queen suite room.
2) Any maintenance issue can be taken care if during your stay if that will be informed but we are
apologized if that not happened but we try with every guest go above and beyond to fulfill their needs and
they enjoy their stay.
3) Yes hotel was upgrading TV service and we were informing every guest and we were working around their schedules all the tech has to do to put a box in a room and connect to the TV that takes 7 to 10 minutes and they were doing this between the hours of 12pm to 5PM which was not at all inconvenience.
4) Parking is first come first serve if you would have informed the front desk we should have helped you.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at . I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Where to begin... I am pretty loyal to the Marriott brand due to so many poor hotel experiences with other brands. We have been to Jacksonville many times which is why I am giving them 3 stars. Technically they deserve 2 but I’m adding another star because I know the selection is rough here.

We booked this hotel months in advance. I booked a king suite because I like having the separate sitting area for convenience. It was just my husband & myself. We arrived a little early but had requested early check in on our reservation. At first we were put in room 521. We loaded up the luggage cart with all of our stuff and proceeded to the 5th floor. We noticed the lobby was kept cool but the elevators & hallways in the other floors were very hot. It’s Florida and I do not think the elevators or upper hallways are air conditioned. We also noticed the elevator smelled like smoke and the floor was very sticky.

We walked into our room and as soon as we opened the door we were hit with an overwhelming odor of cat urine! I tried to call the desk from the phone in the room but it did not work. I also noticed the big yellow drying fan in the middle of the floor. Obviously we should not of been placed in this room. I called the hotel from my cell phone and told them what happened. They said come back downstairs and they’d move us.

We hauled the cart full of luggage back downstairs and were told they did not have any more rooms on the 5th floor. They put us in room 420. We hauled the luggage up to the room. Our keys would not work on the door. The housekeeper let us in and we found a busted AC unit. It was humming loudly but would not work. I again called the desk. They said we had to come back downstairs! We proceed to haul this luggage cart back down again! Suddenly they had a room on the 5th floor again! Wow! We could have just saved a lot of time & hassle if someone would of just brought a new key up to us. We were placed in room 520. Luckily the front desk lady went up to check this room with me while my husband waited downstairs with the luggage. The DND sign was on the door but it was missed by housekeeping. This room had its issues but it was better than the other options. There was peeling paint, something splattered all over the wallpaper in the bathroom, leaking fridge etc. we were running late at this point since it took us an hour to find a clean room so we got ready to go.

We had plans for the evening and requested 2 extra pillows & 1 blanket to be delivered to our room. The pillows were actually on my original request on my reservation but they missed it. We sent the request for pillows & blankets but at 8:30 we still did not have them. We did finally receive a blanket but no pillows. I then messaged the desk asking for them. About 1 1/2 hours later I received a response that they are a minimal service hotel, if I want extra amenities I need to go downstairs to get it myself.

I decided to just attempt to go to bed without them. About 11pm someone was knocking on my door with pillows. We were already in bed but I do appreciate the effort. The breakfast in the morning was decent but not restocked throughout the morning. The pool was small but nice. The next morning we still noticed the halls & elevators were very hot. The floors were still sticky. We were gone all day & came back around 5pm. Our bed was made but nothing stocked. They left the toilet paper & tissues empty and no shampoo etc. it was a long, hot day. I had luckily brought beach towels so we had them to take showers.

Additionally, this room the pictures were hung crooked and they were actually attached to the wall that way! There were holes that had metal discs put over them but you could still see the holes peaking out around the discs. They do NOT have safes in the rooms. The shower curtain had snags all over it. The tiles in the shower were discolored with mildew. We also noticed the cabinet for the fire extinguisher was wide open on our floor. The actual fire extinguisher was on the floor by the elevator. It was like this for 2 days. When we left it was still like that. I really feel most of the issues could be fixed with new housekeepers or training the ones they have. If a carpet is wet & stinks, or the AC is broken in a room or anything broken for that matter, the front desk or maintenance should be made aware of it. This way someone could fix it & the room isn’t given to a new guest until it has been fixed! Unfortunately I will most likely try another hotel on our next trip. I had better expectations for this hotel but they unfortunately fall short of the Marriott standards.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FairfieldButlerBlvd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your view about your stay we always go above and beyond to accommodate our guest, I am sorry that confusion has occurred during the storm so many groups of people came through our hotel we were in the process of deep cleaning the rooms, we work hard to keep our property clean and up to the Marriott standards where so everyone get guaranteed satisfaction. I apologize for the inconvenience, I hope you will give us another chance to stay with us in future.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

Stayed in Jacksonville on a trip from PA to Clearwater Beach. Hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. I was making a cup of coffee at the free breakfast and asked Ivy if they had French Vanilla creamer. She did and quickly brought it out to me and was the extremely friendly. Small things like this is what make a great stay! Thank you IVY for the great hospitality!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Maps06635656354, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

HI Michelle

Thank you for staying with us , your business is always appreciated. I appreciate your nice review all our employees goes above and beyond to help our guests and show heroic hospitality. Our location is also close to all beaches in Jacksonville with lots of restaurants . Hope to see you soon again when you will be in area.

Ali Tirmizy