“Couldn't have asked for more!! Great night sleep and great service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
South Florida
“Couldn't have asked for more!! Great night sleep and great service!”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our return back home after a long a crueling multi-state 'take your kids to sleepaway camp' road trip. BOY, were we happy. We checked in after 8 at night exhausted and felt so fortunate to stay here. The hotel was easy to find, just off I-95 so that we could jump back on the interstate in the morning. The rooms were nice appointed, absolutely brand new linens, etc. Air conditioning was crisp and comfortable. Peace and Quiet.

We didn't use the pool, although it have a jaccuzzi and looked appealing.

Special note: This hotel has a "Market" which consists of a freezer with a selection of microwavable dinners from Red Baron Pizzas to Lean Cuisines (4$) as well as a variety of ice cream treats. The counter had an assortment of baked goods and snacks. The refriderator was packed full of a huge assortment of bottled drinks. We arrived very late and exhausted. We almost got back in the car to find some food and noticed the Market. THANK Goodness!!! The front desk manager, Sam was super accomodating. We sat in the breakfast cafe and enjoyed our dinners chilling and catching up on news on the television.

The breakfast is adequate. Selection of cereals, pastries, egg, bacon and cheese biscuit and make your own waffles. Coffee is strong. Nice selection of teas. Very clean environment to enjoy your breakfast.

High Speed Internet.... They have two desk top computers with FREE high speed internet connection. It was nice to take a moment to check my emails before hitting the road.

They only con: No clock in the room! Bring your travel clock in with you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I hosted a 3 day meeting and had overnight rooms as well. The hotel is stunnng if they added a restaurant and bar would be a full service. The staff is execptional from the front desk to the Director of Sales Jeremiah Bowes. I have stayed all over the country with Marriott and was amazed at how nice this hotel was. I would suggest to anyone they have over 3000sq feet of meeting space to boot!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2009

The night manager, Jaime Concepcion made our stay a very pleasant experience. Hotel is one year old, very clean and an excellent value. We are making this a regular stop on our trips to Florida.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Butler Blvd. Jacksonville, Fl for one night the end of July. The hotel was very nice and the staff was very accomodating while we were there. However, when I returned home and received my credit card statement I had a $250.00 charge on my bill that I didn't understand. When I called to inquire I was told that it was a "smoking recovery fee". I explained that neither my husband nor I smoke and no one else was in the room. The manager refeused to believe me and refused to remove the charge. Be careful with this hotel. Apparently if they decide to post a charge thats it there is nothing you can do about it. As I explained to the the manager, Javiar, I am now 600 miles away and have no recourse on the matter. He basically was totally unsympathetic. I will obviousloy never stay there again.

• Liked — The room was acceptable
  • Disliked — Manager was horrible
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daisy726
florida
Reviewed July 19, 2008

This summer my family had reason to find accomodations in Jacksonville, near Baymeadows. Never having visited JAX before, we read reviews advising us to stay away from Baymeadows (old and worn-out section of town). We happened upon an area of Butler Blvd with several brand-new hotels. We picked the Fairfield Inn (Lenoir Ave) and have since stayed there three times. New, clean, friendly and reasonable. Breakfast is included, but frankly, it's a bit boring after the first or second day.
Hotels on the same street are also new. They include Extended Stay, Extended Stay Deluxe, Marriott Courtyard, Country Inn, Microtel Inn. There's a Cracker Barrel on site. It's right off I95 at J Turner Butler Blvd exit, but it's not one of those exit hotels like you would find along I95. Great place to stay, if plans involve Southside or Baymeadows or Gate Parkway. A new area with shopping and restaurants has been built on Gate Pkwy called St Johns. Very upscale and exciting in a city that's going thru a rebirth of business.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I loved this hotel!! After reading many of the reviews I was skeptical about using my Marriott free night rewards here but we had 2 rooms that were above exceptional. I am the pickiest person when it comes to hotels and I did not have one negative thing to say about this hotel...it is the one located on Lenoir it is actually off Butler Blvd and the location was great for shopping, eatting and getting back on 95...we stopped here on our way to Daytona Beach and it was awesome!! The front desk clerk was a little gruff at first but the manager seemed to pick up on it and took right over and made this a very pleasant stay!! Pool area and jacuzzi and even the free breakfast was wonderful.

• Liked — Cleanliness and convenience
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed February 29, 2008

The reason for my review title is that this Fairfield is on the more upscale side of any Fairfield's I have ever stayed in. The hotel looks shiny and new but there are some interesting kinks they need to work out.

Location/Check-in
Hotel is located off 95, Phillips or 202 so is very accessible depending on where you need to go. There are a lot of other chains in this area (including a Courtyard), however I liked that this property was a bit farther back from the others to avoid the noise. There were a few fast food restaurants and then access to a ton more restaurants and dining options off Phillips or 202.

Check-in was fine, however the front desk staff could be a bit more friendly. Lobby is beautiful, has a neat little fountain (told you it was a more upscale Fairfield). They had cookies at check-in, which was nice.

Room
The hotel is new, so the rooms are generally very clean. They were a little on the narrow side and my room had an adjoining door which are noise magnets. The closet was a decent size, iron was clean, however ironing board wasn't. There is a larger than average fridge and microwave and a very nice HD TV with a huge amount of channels and closed caption. Free highspeed is wireless and used my own so didn't test it out. They didn't have a lot of outlets in the room, instead had a power supply, which was unusual. Could really used an outlet near the nightstand or one closer to the bathroom.

Beds were decently firm and they provide different type of pillows. I will say that they need to do a better job of cleaning the pillow case covers. If you looked at the actual pillow underneath the cover was kind of gross. Linens in general were fine. HVAC was on the wall and worked okay, but I like being able to have a fan on all night for background noise.

The bathroom was a generous size and the vanity was fine for all my belongings. They provide smaller sized shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I will tell you that you might want to bring room temperature water with you. This is the 2nd Fairfield I've stayed in (different cities) that had slimy water. When you are in the shower after you soap off you still feel slippery. The water from the tap had a bit of a sulphur smell to it. I'm no expert, have no idea what would cause it, but is something to note.

Room was fairly quiet, I didn't hear TV noise and I know the hotel was sold out. I did hear someone sneeze from the next room, so not sure how thick the walls out. Outside noise was a non issue. Here is another interesting part, the ceiling was making an awful lot of noise in the bathroom, almost like it was settling. I woke up in the morning and the plaque on the inside of the door had fallen off. You kind of have to wonder about the construction...

Amenities
There is a very small fitness center with a treadmill, elliptical, bike and weight station. The treadmill could have been a bit nicer, especially for a new hotel, as it was pretty basic. There was a small business center, but didn't use it and I believe they have a pool.

Breakfast was so-so, danish, muffins, cereals, non-ripe bananas (I can never understand why hotels can't have ripe bananas), oatmeal and you could heat up a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich.

Overall
I'm not sure I would stay here again for business unless the price is right. I prefer to stay closer to South Side, but there weren't hotels available. This will be a nice stay for you with a few minor quirks that you can easily get over.

• Stayed February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)